Stockpiling In Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
busy

itsmwah has posted more than 10 good deals
Star Stockpiling in Florida

I have been doing the serious couponing for about three years now and have created quite a large stockpile. Being in Florida (Tampa Bay) we have no basements here so thus, nowhere to really put the stockpiled items. I have used my pantry as efficiently as I can and also the cabinents that have any space in them I have used as well. Having a family of five really limits my open cabinent space.

I have shelves in our two car garage but can only put laundry detergent, fabric softener and some cleaning supplies out there. Being in the hot climate I cannot store paper towels, toilet paper or kleenexes out there. The palmetto bugs love the paper products! When I stored even dawn outside it changes colors when the real heat and humidity starts.

How do others in warm climates accomplish their stockpiles since we do have the storage capacity that others do in other areas of the country? I really need suggestions here because we are really limited down here it seems.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 PM

RE: Stockpiling in Florida

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
No suggestion as I put toilet paper, paper towels and such in my utility room. Don't have a garage and my utility room has very large (deep) shelves on one side. Never had a problem with bugs in that stuff being stored out there and the heat doesn't hurt it - now if it got wet that would be another story.

Do you have shelves in the top of your indoor closets? I have stored stuff in those areas too.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 AM

busy

itsmwah has posted more than 10 good deals
our indoor closets are full of house stuff. it is very hard to stockpile here for me. it must be awful for u not having a garage.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Have you used the space under beds? I live in a small apartment and I have Rubbermaid boxes under my bed to hold stuff. It's not a huge amount of space but every little bit helps!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I'm not in Florida but am on the South Texas Coast so it's pretty much the same thing.

I only store laundry items and a few cleaners in the garage. The heat ruins most things and what the heat doesn't get the humidity does. We are tossing around the idea of building a wall down the middle, insulating and putting in a window A/C on one side for a storage area.

In the mean time, I am lucky that I have an extra bedroom that I can use for storage. We have the upright freezer in there and the walls are lined with those big shelving units you can get at Lowes or Home Depot. I put all my stock pile things in there.

My neighbors just put in one of those nice wooden storage sheds in their back yard. They insulated it and cut a hole in one side along the roof line for a window unit A/C. That is where they are going to store their items.

You always have under the beds, in cupboards, closets etc. Maybe be get some nice looking cabinets you can put in your dining room or someplace you have the room for them. When we first moved in here and didn't have the extra bedroom, we bought some out at Sam's that we still use in the den area.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the best daughter in the world. Owned by 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1