Cleaning Up After The Tornado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Cleaning up after the tornado

Hubby and I spent the day in Atkins helping out with the clean up effort in Atkins, Arkansas today. I could not believe the community spirit in that little town. People with smiles on their faces, reaching out to their neighbors. All day we were wtiness to acts of kindnesses from all sorts of people.
There was this one guy that was going around in a truck handing out gloves, he literally had a truckload of work gloves, well we figured he was a Red Cross volunteer, but as it turned out, he was just a regular guy that went and bought 12 cases of work gloves and was handing them out!
People came walking in and asked what to do. These were just people from town, out of town or wherever that just put on their work clothes and walked in to help. Small busness owners paid their employees all week and provided equipment to come to Atkins and work. The area hubby and I worked was along the lake and people in boats came up with thermos fulls of hot coffee and chocolate and handed them out. FEMA people came in with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Individuals dropped off boxes of protein bars and cases of water. The Red Cross was providing toiletry boxes and more hot meals and many individuals were distributing toys to little kids, clothes to the families and boxes of food.
We saw a lot of "sharing" of equipment. One guy had a bobcat and while he was resting, he hollared over at his neighbors and said use it for your place. A local excavating company sent in operators and equipment and told their guys "just go do what they need you to do"...we saw a lot of things like that.
This storm just hit Tuesday night and some homeowners will be ready to start re-building on Monday! I applaud all the volunteers that helped make this tragedy more bearable for it's victims.
The national Weather Service reported that this tornado that went thorugh Arkansas stayed on the ground for 120 miles or more, went up to 200mph and was upgraded to an F4! The lives we lost were mininmal thanks to a great weather team that alerted listeners in time to find shelter!

Last edited by KellyMarie; 02-09-2008 at 09:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMarie For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 PM

RE: Cleaning up after the tornado

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CokeBaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That is incrediable what everyone is doing over there.What they have all went through and still ba able to get up and start all over again.I am still praying for all of the victims.May god bless each and person involved in this horrible tragedy!Please stay safe and let them all know that more prayers are coming their way.
God bless Kelly and I am so glad that you and you entire family are safe!!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Amidala081499 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow...I am certainly glad you and the family are safe and well.

If there is anything you need do not hesitate to pm me. I will do my best to help out!!!

Hugs!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
May the Force be with US ... We are the coupon Jedi's out to restore freedom to the fixed income family!!!

AFC Believes in
Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!winnross has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM

wants you to come bid on my auction!

My Mood/Status:
bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
That is a great story about kindness! I am glad that you and your family are ok
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM

Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank goodness it's too cold for a tornado to kick up tonight!
Quote:
THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN LITTLE ROCK HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR.
SOUTHEASTERN POPE COUNTY IN CNTL AR

* UNTIL 1045 PM CST

* AT 959 PM CST.NATL WEATHER SVC DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING NICKEL SIZE HAIL. THIS
STORM WAS LOCATED 3 MILES SW OF POTTSVILLE.MOVING
NE AT 35 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR.
POTTSVILLE AROUND 1010 PM CST.
ATKINS AROUND 1015 PM CST.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!wendy1214 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Kelly- you know first hand what it is like to be without a home- good for you for "paying it forward" with your help- although I imagine you to be the type of person who would have helped out anyway. It is so nice to see people band together and show kindest when it is needed the most!
Bless you Kelly and your family!

Tags
cleaning, tornado