Baby Strollers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
baby strollers

In your opinion what is the best standard stroller?
I've been googling customer reviews and I feel like pretty much any graco stroller (non umbrella) stroller would be a good choice.
It's been a while since I had to buy strollers.
I am just wondering if anyone has a stroller that they love (what brand, why it's great) or has a graco stroller and how that works for them.
I'm looking for something than close with one hand and be stored easily and I can take outside for walks (on pavement) and is safe for a newborn and is under $200

your input is greatly appreciated thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ISO pampers and Huggies codes

Last edited by ASleaster88; 03-08-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM

RE: baby strollers

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Three years ago we went w/a Peg Perego Aria OH (OH stands for one-handed). I think it was just under $200 retail, but w/discount codes you can get it for less. It's very lightweight, one-handed fold-up and closing, and steers well, IMO. Definitely go to Babies R Us or one of the bigger baby gear stores and test drive them. I was absolutely in love w/the idea of a Maclaren until neither DH or I could open and close it easily in the store. Good luck w/your decision!
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 01:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I want this one:

Emmaljunga Prams Find your pram Edge 3-in-1

Unfortunately it is no longer sold in the US (small Swedish company that makes them, insanely high insurance premiums in the US). For $1000, I don't think my parents will buy it and ship it over to me.

My son has a Quinny Freestyle, with a Dreami bag attachment to it. It also fits Maxi Cosi car seats. It's a very nice and sturdy stroller, but the Dreami bag was quickly outgrown by our little viking. But the actual stroller part is awesome.

Here in the US, you only have the Buzz available, I see after some searching.

Wife, mother, organizer, chef.
The Following User Says Thank You to LilBlossom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 02:24 PM

coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ASleaster88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Lilblossom- well that doesn't help if it's not available in the US
and $1,000 0.0

sar1-thanks I've read some things positive things about peg perego online. I'll check them out as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I used a Graco stroller with my DD and LOVED it! It's one of the ones that you can snap a carseat into. It folds down easily, has a sunshade w/ a little window so you can see your baby while you're walking, and handles very well. I would definately recommend it.

DH and I just bought a Graco Duo-Glider (fits 2 kids) now that I'm pregnant with #2 because I like the Graco brand so much
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (4 years) and Grayden (2 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 02:46 PM

coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominochic View Post
I used a Graco stroller with my DD and LOVED it! It's one of the ones that you can snap a carseat into. It folds down easily, has a sunshade w/ a little window so you can see your baby while you're walking, and handles very well. I would definately recommend it.

DH and I just bought a Graco Duo-Glider (fits 2 kids) now that I'm pregnant with #2 because I like the Graco brand so much
I've heard that most Graco infant seats fit in the graco standard strollers even if they aren't the same model (ally, suzie ect) have you tried your stroller with another graco infant seat or just the one that comes with the travel system?

I got an infant seat from the godmother (it's new) and it's a Graco that's why I'm asking. I wasn't able to find much online with people's personal experiences with different graco infant seats just manufacture claims about it working (but sometimes you find out that what you have is the exception )

The Following User Says Thank You to ASleaster88 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASleaster88 View Post
I've heard that most Graco infant seats fit in the graco standard strollers even if they aren't the same model (ally, suzie ect) have you tried your stroller with another graco infant seat or just the one that comes with the travel system?

I got an infant seat from the godmother (it's new) and it's a Graco that's why I'm asking. I wasn't able to find much online with people's personal experiences with different graco infant seats just manufacture claims about it working (but sometimes you find out that what you have is the exception )

I got my set all together (the carseat/stroller combo). So - no, I haven't tried any other Graco infant seats with it, but I've heard the same thing about you being able to use any Graco seats with the stroller. Maybe you could email Graco and ask?
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (4 years) and Grayden (2 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 PM

back in love with couponing
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'll mention it because someone else brought it up, I have the Quinny Buzz, its awesome! But it won't help you it because you said $200 and I paid about $600. I will tell you, my only complaint is, its huge to fold up. Kind of a pain, but it looks awesome, people ask me about it everywhere I go.
The Following User Says Thank You to katieculpepper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!LilBlossom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASleaster88 View Post
Lilblossom- well that doesn't help if it's not available in the US
and $1,000 0.0

sar1-thanks I've read some things positive things about peg perego online. I'll check them out as well
Hey, I'm just showing you my dream stroller. I can't help it that I have expensive taste!

Anyway, the Quinny is available in the US, as well as Maxi Cosi carseats.

The Following User Says Thank You to LilBlossom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
We put our Graco infant seat into my MIL's stroller - I think it was an old Graco stroller. We got a jogging stroller at Target for about $100 (I think it is Baby Trend) and we like it a lot better than the Graco stroller. It pushes so much easier and doesn't get stuck on bumps in the sidewalk. The only bad thing is the Graco infant seat won't fit in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kmeiding For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM

coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
Kmeiding- when she's older I'll get a jogging stroller. In fact that's what I really want but I haven't found any that are safe for newborns so going with the standard stroller and then down the line buying a jogging stroller and using the standard one for things like trips to the store.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't help with brands, it's been way too long since I needed one. But I have two bits of advice. One is to test out walking with it in the store. Not just you, but the dad or any other regular caretakers as well. With ours, I was fine walking with it, but the ex found the arm/leg length to be horribly awkward for some reason. I think his natural stride was long enough that his feet kept bumping into the wheel bar or basket or something.

My other advice is to also look at making or buying a baby sling. I made a super simple one out of a pair of maternity pants I no longer needed. I know they make the fancy padded carriers with leg holes and buckles and all that, but I found that a simple sling was much more versatile and comfortable, I could toss it in a large purse when I wasn't using it unlike the typical baby carriers, and it was less strain on my shoulders because I could support her weight on my hip. I was using that comfortably when she was two even, there was no way I could have carried her in a standard carrier for any length of time at that age, and it was much easier to maneuver through crowds with that vs. a stroller (for places like art fairs).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM

AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have a Chico stroller/infant seat and love it! Did lots of research and it was very highly ranked. HTH!

is full for now, but PM me if you'd like to hop on in March!

The Following User Says Thank You to AlliHoov For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
That's what we did - we bought a Graco travel system and that worked great because we could put her in the infant seat for walks and she would sleep (one of the only ways we got her to sleep ) You could check for a jogging stroller with an infant seat - the Baby Trend that we got has an infant seat that fits in it. If we had known that the jogging stroller would be so much better than the Graco, then we probably wouldn't have gotten the graco travel system.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have one of these slings that we use for shopping because it's really easy to get baby in and out and baby is extra happy with mama

SweetPea Home - SweetPea Ring Slings™

The Following User Says Thank You to kmeiding For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have a moby wrap from my son, which I plan on using with my second child. It was just about the only way I could get him to sleep during the day when he was newborn. That, or have him lay on my chest on the couch. I liked the snugness of the wrap, made me feel like he wasn't going to fall out anytime soon. It was also awesome when we were travelling with him, at airports and such, as strollers were not allowed past check in in Europe.

Moby Wrap

Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be...
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I bought a used Graco stroller to have at my house for DGS, and his new Graco carseat (obviously different year, different set) fit it perfectly. I think that all the Gracos are standard sized for the infant seat.

My daughter bought a BOB jogging stroller for her newborn. You can get an attachment for it that converts it to hold the Graco carseat. She made this decision after talking to both her sister and brother about how much they loved the jogging stroller and didn't use the other one. My DIL had a Bugaboo stroller (awesome to look at...expensive to buy) and they hardly used it. Their BOB is almost worn out.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoon187 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM

coupon apprentice

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for the info on the BOB stroller attachments, I'll look into that!!
That's good to know about the graco strollers, that's where I'm leaning more toward since most are an affordable price.

As for the slings, how is the weight distributed? (I never had one with my son I either carried him, had him in his car seat or stroller when we went out) I have trouble with my right shoulder due to multiple injuries and constant weight on it causes me a lot of pain (that's why I use a messenger bag now instead of a normal backpack)

Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
With the ring sling, the weight is distributed on one shoulder and across the back. My baby was really small but when she was 12-15 pounds, I could wear her for a few hours. I also have a Moby wrap but it is really warm and a little harder to use than the ring sling. I have some trouble with one shoulder and didn't have any with either the ring sling or the moby. The Moby goes over both shoulders but a lot of the weight is on the back, not the shoulders. The ring sling will last you as long as you can carry your baby. The Moby is a stretchy wrap and will last until baby is around 15 pounds because it starts to sag. I noticed mine sagging when my baby was around 12 pounds - it was like she kept needing to be readjusted.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
bkwrms78 has posted more than 25 good deals
I really liked the Kolcraft Contours Lite stroller. It was super easy to get around and as long as you're not going off road, it was great.
The Following User Says Thank You to bkwrms78 For This Useful Post: