Robitussin/Dimetapp Recall

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Exclamation Robitussin/Dimetapp Recall

We all know about the infant cold/cough medicine recall and the infamous $5/1 coupon from Tylenol. I just rec'd an email from Wyeth Health Care concerning Dimetapp and Robitussin for infants, as well as children ages 2-6. It reads as follows:

The appropriateness of cough and cold medicines for children is being discussed a great deal this cold and flu season. Wyeth Consumer Healthcare has important information to share with you on this topic since safety, especially for our young consumers, is most important to us.

Robitussin and Dimetapp cough and cold medicines are safe when used as directed. However, inaccurate or inappropriate use can lead to accidental overdosing. While this happens infrequently, children are the most vulnerable to overdosing. Therefore, Wyeth Consumer Healthcare has two very important messages for parents and caregivers:

For Children Under Age Two

We are no longer recommending the use of cough and cold medicines in infants and children under age two and are voluntarily taking the following infant products off the market:

For Children Age Two to Under Six

We are voluntarily recalling from the market the following products because the dosage cups enclosed do not have a half-teaspoon mark, which is the recommended dose for children age two to under six. Please be assured that this action is not related to the safety of the medication itself, but rather is due to the dosage cup markings only.

We recommend that parents and caregivers with children age two to under six do the following:

Keep the product if it is intended for use in adults or children age six and over
Do not use these medicines in children age two to under six because the dosage cups do not have a half-teaspoon mark, which is the dose on the label for this age group.
Consult their healthcare professional concerning the most appropriate way to treat cough and cold symptoms for children age two to under six.
Discard these Robitussin and Dimetapp medicines appropriately.
We are currently producing a new dosage cup with a half-teaspoon mark. These products are expected to be back on store shelves with the new dosage cups in November 2007.

This recall does not impact other Robitussin and Dimetapp cough and cold products. When used according to label directions, over the counter cough and cold products can be used safely in children age two and older, as well as in adults.

If you need more information about treating your child's coughs and colds, please contact your physician. If you have specific questions about our products, please contact us at 1-800-762-4675. And, as always, please read and follow all label directions carefully before using any medicines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you accept a raok/pif from me, please PM me with the item you are taking as the subject and your address in the message (even if we've traded before)..it'll make things much quicker moving! Thanks!!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM

RE: Robitussin/Dimetapp Recall

My Mood/Status:
AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
oh, and if you call the # they will send you a coupon to replace what you throw away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you accept a raok/pif from me, please PM me with the item you are taking as the subject and your address in the message (even if we've traded before)..it'll make things much quicker moving! Thanks!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm off to see the wizard.....
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Can we add a recall forum to the site?? There have been numerous recalls lately and it would be quick and easy for us to check for the latest if they were all grouped together... Just a thought..
Old 11-07-2007, 07:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CarolynC has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhart24 View Post
Can we add a recall forum to the site?? There have been numerous recalls lately and it would be quick and easy for us to check for the latest if they were all grouped together... Just a thought..

I think that is a GREAT idea!!
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do they ask for a UPC# off the product when you call?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lochelle has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i went to cvs last night to get my son tylenol bc he had his shots and was feeling icky..so i look and all of the small bottles of infant tylenol are gone except 2 of the tylenol plus cough and cold..i thought that was one that had been recalled but i had given it to him before when he had a cough so i said i would just get that..when she went to ring it up the register beeped that it had been recalled! i could not believe that they still had it on their shelf..i went back to get another and got what was left and took it to her so she could discard of it..

then i went to walmart tonight and in the baby section they had a whole display of it!

"I know that God won't give me more trouble than I can handle... but sometimes I wish he wouldn't trust me so much."
- Mother Teresa

Tags
recall, robitussin or dimetapp