Anyone Know How To Make A Tutu Hairbow Holder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
always loves a great deal!

My Mood/Status:
Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Anyone know how to make a tutu hairbow holder?

Okay, so I can be pretty crafty if I have a general idea of what I am doing...

I'm looking to make Tutu hairbow holders to use for girls hairbows....anyone know how to make these, by chance?

This is someone's website but I love the one pictured here on the homepage, this is the general idea of what I'm trying to figure out how to make:
Tutu Hairbow Holders for your Prima Ballerina

Thanks in advance for any guidance!!
Stacey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Have a wonderful day!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stacey012345 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:58 PM

RE: Anyone know how to make a tutu hairbow holder?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kithlyara has posted more than 100 good deals!kithlyara has posted more than 100 good deals!
This time of year is perfect for finding cheap materials on how to make something like this! Here's how I see something like this being made:

Ingredients:
*Small pair of fairy wings (if you want to make them instead of buying them, let me know and I'll come up with a pattern for you )
*Cardboard
*1/4 yard of fabric
*Low loft quilt batting
*Tulle (how much depends on how full you want the skirt)
*Satin ribbon
*Flowers
*Needle
*Thread
*Glue gun with glue sticks
*Scissors
*Chalk pencil or other drawing item that won't bleed through the fabric you chose

Instructions:

Body-
*Draw a shoulder/body type shape on the cardboard being sure to include enough of a body to wrap the tulle around.
*Cut out the shape.
*Using the cardboard shape as a guide, trace the outline of the cardboard shape lightly on the fabric.
*Bearing in mind that the fabric needs to fully cover the front of the cardboard and the low loft quilt batting, add two or three inches so there is enough fabric to glue onto the back side of the cardboard.
*Cut out the fabric and set it aside.
*Trace the cardboard shape onto the low loft quilt batting. As with the fabric, add an inch or two all of the way around the traced image so there is enough batting to fully cover the front.
*Lay the fabric right side down onto your work surface. Smooth the fabric with your hands or an iron to get out any wrinkles.
*Center the low loft quilt batting on top of the fabric, being careful to smooth out any wrinkles.
*Center the cardboard shape on top of the low loft quilt batting.
*Using the glue gun, glue the edges of the low loft quilt batting onto the cardboard shape all the way around. Cut small slits along the curves so it will lay flat, if needed.
*Repeat the above step for the fabric layer.
*Set aside the fabric covered 'body'.

Tutu-
*Thread the needle with enough thread to pull through the length of the tulle you purchased plus a few inches. Double knot the ends of the thread together.
*Leaving an inch or two at the top, thread the needle through the holes of the tulle, scrunching it down as you go so it puffs out.
*Once all of the tulle is threaded, tie it off.
*Pick up the fabric covered 'body'.
*Using the glue gun to secure it, wrap the scrunched down tulle around the body, layering it on top of itself as you go. You can probably get away with putting little dots of glue every few inches to keep the tulle in place instead of a constant stream of it.
*Cut several pieces of satin ribbon that are long enough to run down the front length of the tutu.
*Glue the ribbon to the back side of the flowers.
*Glue the flowers on the tutu, being certain to hide where the tutu joins the body.

Finishing-
*Cut two additional lengths of ribbon. Turn one into a bow and glue it on the body. To create the hanger, glue the ends of the other piece of ribbon to the back of the body.
*Glue the fairy wings to the back of the body.

Options-
*In lieu of purchased fabric, re-purpose an old sheet, dress, shirt, etc...
*In lieu of low loft quilt batting, re-purpose an old wool blanket or towel.
*If the look of the unfinished back bothers you, trace two copies of the body onto the fabric. When you cut out the second piece of fabric, do not add any inches. Glue the back piece onto the back of the body before you glue the wings on.

Phew! I think that should about cover it! If it doesn't or you have any questions, let me know
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kithlyara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 04:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Stacey012345 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kithlyara View Post
This time of year is perfect for finding cheap materials on how to make something like this! Here's how I see something like this being made:

Ingredients:
*Small pair of fairy wings (if you want to make them instead of buying them, let me know and I'll come up with a pattern for you )
*Cardboard
*1/4 yard of fabric
*Low loft quilt batting
*Tulle (how much depends on how full you want the skirt)
*Satin ribbon
*Flowers
*Needle
*Thread
*Glue gun with glue sticks
*Scissors
*Chalk pencil or other drawing item that won't bleed through the fabric you chose

Instructions:

Body-
*Draw a shoulder/body type shape on the cardboard being sure to include enough of a body to wrap the tulle around.
*Cut out the shape.
*Using the cardboard shape as a guide, trace the outline of the cardboard shape lightly on the fabric.
*Bearing in mind that the fabric needs to fully cover the front of the cardboard and the low loft quilt batting, add two or three inches so there is enough fabric to glue onto the back side of the cardboard.
*Cut out the fabric and set it aside.
*Trace the cardboard shape onto the low loft quilt batting. As with the fabric, add an inch or two all of the way around the traced image so there is enough batting to fully cover the front.
*Lay the fabric right side down onto your work surface. Smooth the fabric with your hands or an iron to get out any wrinkles.
*Center the low loft quilt batting on top of the fabric, being careful to smooth out any wrinkles.
*Center the cardboard shape on top of the low loft quilt batting.
*Using the glue gun, glue the edges of the low loft quilt batting onto the cardboard shape all the way around. Cut small slits along the curves so it will lay flat, if needed.
*Repeat the above step for the fabric layer.
*Set aside the fabric covered 'body'.

Tutu-
*Thread the needle with enough thread to pull through the length of the tulle you purchased plus a few inches. Double knot the ends of the thread together.
*Leaving an inch or two at the top, thread the needle through the holes of the tulle, scrunching it down as you go so it puffs out.
*Once all of the tulle is threaded, tie it off.
*Pick up the fabric covered 'body'.
*Using the glue gun to secure it, wrap the scrunched down tulle around the body, layering it on top of itself as you go. You can probably get away with putting little dots of glue every few inches to keep the tulle in place instead of a constant stream of it.
*Cut several pieces of satin ribbon that are long enough to run down the front length of the tutu.
*Glue the ribbon to the back side of the flowers.
*Glue the flowers on the tutu, being certain to hide where the tutu joins the body.

Finishing-
*Cut two additional lengths of ribbon. Turn one into a bow and glue it on the body. To create the hanger, glue the ends of the other piece of ribbon to the back of the body.
*Glue the fairy wings to the back of the body.

Options-
*In lieu of purchased fabric, re-purpose an old sheet, dress, shirt, etc...
*In lieu of low loft quilt batting, re-purpose an old wool blanket or towel.
*If the look of the unfinished back bothers you, trace two copies of the body onto the fabric. When you cut out the second piece of fabric, do not add any inches. Glue the back piece onto the back of the body before you glue the wings on.

Phew! I think that should about cover it! If it doesn't or you have any questions, let me know

Wahoo!!! Thank you so much!!!

Have a wonderful day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stacey012345 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2009, 12:36 PM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I looked at this too and I would consider making this out of foam core, it will hold it's shape and still be lightweight. These are SO cute, I think I will make a couple for my DD's fall craft fair, great idea! Be sure to post photos when you are finished. It looks like there is a market for these as the website you showed is sold out, at at $39.99 too!!

I am so far behind I think I'm First!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susuz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM

:)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
oh! i love those!!! i want 2!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmyann123 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
kithlyara has posted more than 100 good deals!kithlyara has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susuz View Post
I looked at this too and I would consider making this out of foam core, it will hold it's shape and still be lightweight. These are SO cute, I think I will make a couple for my DD's fall craft fair, great idea! Be sure to post photos when you are finished. It looks like there is a market for these as the website you showed is sold out, at at $39.99 too!!
Foam core would be a good substitute for the cardboard. My mind immediately picked it because I have a ton of it lying around the house!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kithlyara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm baaaaackkkk

My Mood/Status:
carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
OMG guys those are soo soo cute!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmended For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Getting ready for March Madness 🏀
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
They really are cute, would make great gifts...
The Following User Says Thank You to Drea For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 07:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Adorable!

The Following User Says Thank You to rebekahdawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 08:02 AM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
So, anything to show yet? I can't wait! xoxoxo

I am so far behind I think I'm First!
The Following User Says Thank You to Susuz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susuz View Post
So, anything to show yet? I can't wait! xoxoxo
In the works, when done, I will post pics for sure!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:20 PM

needs to get motivated to leave the computer
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!purplecow76 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
wow those are so cute i would definately be interested in buying since i am totallly craft challenged

thanks

please let me know when someone has one to sell
The Following User Says Thank You to purplecow76 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 PM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
These are really, really adorable. I knew having a girl would make me go broke someday!
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Getting ready for March Madness 🏀
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I also love them, would make a nice gift for my grand daughters...please post a pic when finished , thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Drea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Okay, my mother mostly worked on these with some instruction from me, and I finally have pictures to share....

In saying so, I'm entering a contest that I thought some fellow crafters may like to help me out with.....

Register here & make at least 5 substantive posts somewhere in the forum:
Craft Forum - Registration

I had posted this here with the photos of the tutu hairbow holders as well so you can comment on it as one of your posts if you'd like....
Tutu styled hairbow holders! - Craft Forum

Thanks!!