Going Off WIC...yeah!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Going off WIC...yeah!!

Guess what? I have been on WIC for about 1 yr. It was hard for me to do this since I have always been independent when it comes to finances...I have never asked the gov for any help - EVER, but when my DD was born our finances went south so I had to get help(formula very expensive). The last time I went to WIC and got my checks...was back in May 09. I have only used one check from all the checks they gave me. I am happy to report that next week I will be going to week for what they think is an appointment, but I am really going to get off it...I have all the checks I didn't use to return to them...however, I don't know what to tell them other than is not that we have more money, but things are very good with coupons and I don't need their assistance anymore. How should I do this? what would be the best way? I don't want them wanting to investigate me - thinking that I have more money - I don't is just that things have been great with coupons...and I am doing great with the coupons and my DD is big enough now and she eats what we eat!! Although if they want to investigate - that's fine with me!! I need your opinion, please...thank you!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM

RE: Going off WIC...yeah!!

I'm baaaaackkkk

My Mood/Status:
carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was on WIC for about 2 years and I was going to continue to be on wic but then I had to cancel an appt once and for 2 months I called to get an appt but they were booked everytime so I stopped calling to try to get an appointment. We have been off for about 9 months now!! YEAH!!!! I never told them anything. I was tired of wasting their services cause my kids would only drink the milk. So good luck to you and congrats on not needing them any more! :-)
Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 PM

https://www.facebook.com/doterraoilswithkim?ref_ty...

My Mood/Status:
Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you didn't want to go in then you could give them a call and say that your family will no longer be needing WIC services due to a better change of your finances and that you are now able to feed your family healthy meals without breaking your budget and you don't want to take money away from people who could actually use it.

Congrats on getting off of WIC.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You shouldn't need to explain yourself to them. They didn't ask me any questions when we came off WIC a few months ago. And that was that! Good luck!
,mommy to Mackenzie (6/07)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Caleb (2/09)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:34 PM

MS-ing 4 our next trip ; )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think you have to explain why you're getting off. For them, they will take it as your finances have improved. If you're continuing after the 1st year, I think they will ask or re-certifying documents like most recent paychecks to prove eligibility.

Good job in handling your finances
Old 09-03-2009, 02:35 PM

twinangels6705 has posted more than 25 good deals
You don't even have to go to the appointment if you don't want to. You can cancel it and then shred the checks you haven't used. To them it's no loss. As soon as the checks expire the money that was set aside for them goes back into the pool to help someone else. Congratulations!!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 PM

is tired!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I used wic several years ago when my daughter was born. We were very young and had no money. Thankfully though, my dh was able to land a nice job when she was several months old. All I did was call them and tell them my dh got a better job and we didn't need wic anymore. Very simple, and congrats on being able to get off it! I know I felt so much better when I was able to afford to get dd's stuff on our own!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
good for you!

Like you I don't like using assistance but thats what its there for. I had WIC fr each of my kids when they were little...to help with formula etc...but got off after that each time. Like everyone said just cancel your appointments and let them know you won't be getting WIC anymore..shouldn't be an issue. You should have a case worker anyway...talk to him/her if you need to expain the situation

congrats on getting more financially intune

Old 09-03-2009, 02:54 PM

:)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
congrats! life is easier when the babes can eat what we eat! yeah!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
syringachalet has posted more than 1 good deal
Congrads on your coupons sucesses! If you are serious planning to to this change off WIC, check with your states CHIP (Childrens Health Insurance Program) to make sure that regardless your money status, your daughter will be able to continue to have both the basic care she has had so far and if there are any emergencies in the future. Most are sliding scale = you pay what you can. Best of Luck.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:14 AM

is even more addicted to grocery shopping now that she has discovered coupons!!!

waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!waitin2flyaway has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
it really isn't a big deal, you can just not go back and they won't think anything of it. at least, that is how it was 3-5 years ago when my kids were babies. congratulations!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!catielee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You don't have to go back to tell them anything. When I got off of it, I just threw the checks away and didn't go back. They're not going to come after you and investigate because you don't need them anymore.

Good job!