Any Advice On Credit Cards?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Carissa888 has posted more than 150 good deals!Carissa888 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Any advice on credit cards?

My DH might be laid-off soon. If he is we will not be able to pay some of our bills. The ones I would not be able to pay are the credit cards. Does anyone have advice on what to do with the credit card companies?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Miley
, and baby Jake
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM

RE: Any advice on credit cards?

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!arcosta81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Alot of credit card companies offer payment protection, they will work with you or postpone payments in case of financial hardships like lay-offs. I would call your card companies now and find out the information and enroll before your DH gets laid-off so you can take advantage of it. HTH! I'll be praying for you and your family.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!

You may try calling them and explaining your situation. They may be able to work with you on a payment plan.

Brooke
The Following User Says Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa888 View Post
My DH might be laid-off soon. If he is we will not be able to pay some of our bills. The ones I would not be able to pay are the credit cards. Does anyone have advice on what to do with the credit card companies?
Concerning being laid off - Call your credit card company and ask if your card has any sort of insurance that will keep you from having to make payments for a few months in case you get laid off. Better cards have this automatically, but some cards you have to pay a small monthly fee for the protection. The insurance itself will freeze your credit card payments for 3 - 6 months in the event that you are laid off. That means that you won’t have to make any payments to them while money is tight, and it will not be reported as late to the credit bureaus. Well worth having if you know you are facing a layoff.

Should You Ask Your Credit Card Company NOT To Raise Your Limit? | Ask Mr Credit Card's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
Carissa888 has posted more than 150 good deals!Carissa888 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I read on a website that if you close your account that it will stop intrest from building is this true? or is it to good to be true.

, Miley
, and baby Jake
Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry, I really do not know that answer. Go ahead and ask them, using the Contact Us feature at the bottom of the web page. See what they tell you, as it never hurts to ask, all they can say is no.

Good luck and have a Great Evening!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa888 View Post
I read on a website that if you close your account that it will stop intrest from building is this true? or is it to good to be true.
No, that is not true. They will still charge you intrest. Sorry.
,mommy to Mackenzie (6/07)
and Caleb (2/09)
The Following User Says Thank You to pemerson For This Useful Post: