Bay Area Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sfclippers has posted more than 10 good deals
Read Bay area tips

hi im not sure if this will work....but i can try to answer questions. If you are new to this and are stumped, please post here and maybe get some answers!!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM

RE: Bay area tips

My Mood/Status:
tala5ah has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfclippers
hi im not sure if this will work....but i can try to answer questions. If you are new to this and are stumped, please post here and maybe get some answers!!!
Hi..very new to this. I've been couponing for a month now. AFC has been very helpful reading the forums, etc has given awesome tips on alot of sales and things to look out for. I live in South San Francisco. I sometimes go to SF to shop at the nearest Foods Co. in order to get better priced items and my savings so far has been 60% so far, which is a great improvement from before. I usually shop at Pak n Save aka Safeway, Walgreens, Target, and occassionally Pacific Supermarket. If you have any helpful tips for a beginner like me living in the bay how to max savings, or is it more difficult for those of us in the bay? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 AM

There is alot of info in your post. I guess it's just my opinion but this site is way too forum heavy. I surf 5 different website daily that keep me up to date. Some are national some are local. If I was just starting I would look at a local website. Most have a ten week couponing course for free. They list *all the deals at most the stores you go to. Also it's all on one thread not many different forums. So with one scroll you can see store deals daily deals from groupon like sites freebies and samples.*

Next if you are feeling overwhelmed I would stick to one grocery and one drug store. It's better to learn one store well than be running around and missing things. Cvs is the easier drug store but wags offers more deals. Safeway is the best high/low grocery. If you buy when they are on a low and you have coupons you can't beat it. Foods co and winco have everyday low prices it's easy to save money but they never have an awesome sale either. This is the 5th week in a row my just4u gave me ten dollars off a 50 purchase!!! That's 20% before coupon use. Let me know if you want anything more specific
Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
tala5ah has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks sfclippers. That's very helpful. I definitely need to check those out so I can be more savvy. Thanks for the knowledge!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 AM

travelgirlut has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfclippers View Post
I surf 5 different website daily that keep me up to date. Some are national some are local. If I was just starting I would look at a local website. Most have a ten week couponing course for free. They list *all the deals at most the stores you go to. Also it's all on one thread not many different forums. So with one scroll you can see store deals daily deals from groupon like sites freebies and samples.*
I just moved to the east bay area and am having trouble pinning down good websites with grocery deals. Could you tell me what these five websites are that you check? I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts. Thanks for any info you can give!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM

hi travelgirl
thefrugalfind---my local go to she is based out of antioch, wonderfull site!
frugalday---sf based way smaller not as much stuff but stores deals always up early
krazycouponlady---national, my "big guy" site they never miss a thing,
luvabargain--based in joplan, mo she does full lists and other sites post her name so now i go there
frugal fritzie---midwest again, somethimes the two MW have freebies up before the others, so i score on things that go quick, also freebies from 1saleaday are posted here
savingmoneyplan---not sure where she is based, does somethings different like best laundry deals, best perscription deals ect. Also the only site that has posted where to watch TLC show online

there are other times i will see "thanks to regular mom, or hip2save," so i will look there but its normally the same stuff.

pinchingyourpennies.com has lists in a-z order of what coupons came out when in Norcal socal utah and WA.

fabulesslyfrugal is west sates based, if you use sac bee rather than chronicle this site is great!! there is a woman that created an excel sprreadsheet every week listing every coupon in the sac bee. If only there was someone doing it for SF i would be in heaven!!!

hope this helps
sf clippers

ps if you end up loving one of these sites you will end up on there FB page, please let them know sf clippers sent you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sfclippers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
ajackson3036 has posted more than 200 great deals!ajackson3036 has posted more than 200 great deals!ajackson3036 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Trade Qs

Anyone want to trade Qs with me? Im from Southern Mississippi