Bay Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Excited

mpagliaro has posted more than 10 good deals
Help Sign Bay Area

I'm new to this forum and site. Just trying to get my feel for things. Love any tips.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpagliaro For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM

RE: Bay Area

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

amanda82003 has posted more than 1 good deal
I am right there with ya. I am trying to learn the basics. My husband works construction and we will (any day now) have our third baby - which puts us at 3 babies 3 years old and under. If I could get our grocery bill down or at least safe for the winter when my husband is laid off - that could save us!!!!! Any tips or local blogs would be very appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to amanda82003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpagliaro View Post
I'm new to this forum and site. Just trying to get my feel for things. Love any tips.
Are you from SF Bay Area or the East Bay? I'm in the East Bay.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponQueen925 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 PM

amanda82003 has posted more than 1 good deal
East Bay - shop mostly at Safeway. Having a hard time accepting the fact that we can't double coupons in our area.
The Following User Says Thank You to amanda82003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM

coupon.kv has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda82003 View Post
East Bay - shop mostly at Safeway. Having a hard time accepting the fact that we can't double coupons in our area.
I'll be moving back to the Bay Area in a couple of months. I'm originially from San Jose. I'm use to stores that double here in Virginia, but I plan to shop mostly at Safeway when I'm back in CA....
The Following User Says Thank You to coupon.kv For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 PM

busyblue has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm a newbie as well. I'm in the East Bay and would love to get the basics on getting started. I'm also a Safeway shopper as well as Target, etc.
Any tips?
The Following User Says Thank You to busyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 AM

couponcutiep has posted more than 1 good deal
Newbie here,too in the south bay. I don't know of any stores around here that double.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponcutiep For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 11:17 AM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
for those in that area, check the krazy coupon lady, Joanie Demer since she does her deals there. She was one of those featured in the first episode of Extreme Couponing. Except for the dumpster diving, which someone mentioned is not allowed in that area, you may get a lot of tips from her.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Excited

mpagliaro has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm in the mid peninsula.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpagliaro For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Giving away ALL my coupons

My Mood/Status:
Gigglez has posted more than 10 good deals
Hey also in the bay! East bay that is. I hate trying to find coupons for Safeway. Why cnt we be one of those states that has a bilo or sum too darn expensive here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gigglez For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 AM

MossyOakLane has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
for those in that area, check the krazy coupon lady, Joanie Demer since she does her deals there. She was one of those featured in the first episode of Extreme Couponing. Except for the dumpster diving, which someone mentioned is not allowed in that area, you may get a lot of tips from her.
For some reason, I thought she was in Idaho?
The Following User Says Thank You to MossyOakLane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM

*Q-py Newbie*

mrsmillertime633 has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda82003 View Post
I am right there with ya. I am trying to learn the basics. My husband works construction and we will (any day now) have our third baby - which puts us at 3 babies 3 years old and under. If I could get our grocery bill down or at least safe for the winter when my husband is laid off - that could save us!!!!! Any tips or local blogs would be very appreciated!
Just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as you, not with the 3 kids thing (although I have 2 girls, 4 and 1) but with the husband in construction=winter lay-offs... I wish you good luck in couponing as I try to learn the ropes as well

Last edited by mrsmillertime633; 05-11-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to enter some info
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmillertime633 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM

And rockin the casbah!

My Mood/Status:
CVmom10 has posted more than 75 good deals!
hi from the bay
Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 PM

header79 has posted more than 25 good deals
Bay area, santa rosa 707. Really of gotten a hang of this saving money thing. Im not trying to get 106 laundry soaps but saving money on everyday stuff is a deal that i cant refuse. I give away alot of my comeups to my step kids and my nephew. Every little bit helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to header79 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 05:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
v and g's mom has posted more than 1 good deal
nubie from east bay. i'm loving afc
The Following User Says Thank You to v and g's mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 PM

couponmunkee has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi

Hi! I live in San Francisco, and I've been couponing for about a month and a half. I think couponing in the SF Bay Area definitely has its special challenges, like no doubling, higher prices, etc. I know that no amount of couponing effort will bring the kinds of shopping trips that we see on TLC's Extreme Couponing, but saving a few bucks is still absolutely possible despite living in one of the most expensive areas in the country. Since we all share location in common, I think this forum would be a great resource to exchange tips on any deals we come across. What do you all think?
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmunkee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Sien has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda82003
I went to cvs yesterday and there were new born pampers on clearence for $4, if u have any coupons it will be a steal.......@ the el cerrito store
The Following User Says Thank You to Sien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 07:50 PM

header79 has posted more than 25 good deals
Sunday mornings are my new christmas mornings! My hubby laughs cuz i wake up and say "guess what today is?" smilng from ear to ear. I have mastered walgreens but put a limit on my shopping at no more than three of one product. Havin fun
The Following User Says Thank You to header79 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 12:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
Josanne has posted more than 150 good deals!Josanne has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponmunkee View Post
Hi! I live in San Francisco, and I've been couponing for about a month and a half. I think couponing in the SF Bay Area definitely has its special challenges, like no doubling, higher prices, etc. I know that no amount of couponing effort will bring the kinds of shopping trips that we see on TLC's Extreme Couponing, but saving a few bucks is still absolutely possible despite living in one of the most expensive areas in the country. Since we all share location in common, I think this forum would be a great resource to exchange tips on any deals we come across. What do you all think?
Hi! East Bay here. I'd love to connect & share. I shop at Safeway & Trader Joe's, with occasional trips to CVS (which I hate, but wind up at frequently anyway), Target, & Whole Foods. I'm finding that one can do pretty well with coupons & sales @ WF, funnily enough! I snagged my first free TP yesterday <backpatting> at Whole Foods of all places.

I still do find that most items are still cheaper and/or better quality at Trader Joe's. I try to buy a good deal of organic/natural food and almost always organic/natural cleaning & bath & body stuff, so many frequently couponed items are just not anything I would ever buy. That said I've been having a blast lately getting deeper discounts on the things we do buy.

I wish we could get a Bay Area thread, forum, etc started. It would be great. A million things I want to share/ask!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josanne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josanne View Post
Hi! East Bay here. I'd love to connect & share. I shop at Safeway & Trader Joe's, with occasional trips to CVS (which I hate, but wind up at frequently anyway), Target, & Whole Foods. I'm finding that one can do pretty well with coupons & sales @ WF, funnily enough! I snagged my first free TP yesterday <backpatting> at Whole Foods of all places.

I still do find that most items are still cheaper and/or better quality at Trader Joe's. I try to buy a good deal of organic/natural food and almost always organic/natural cleaning & bath & body stuff, so many frequently couponed items are just not anything I would ever buy. That said I've been having a blast lately getting deeper discounts on the things we do buy.

I wish we could get a Bay Area thread, forum, etc started. It would be great. A million things I want to share/ask!
Wow, free TP from Whole Foods!?! I'm definitely impressed with that one! Can you share how you did it? I would love to start paying zero or really cheap for things like toilet paper and paper towels. A few weeks ago, I got 12 rolls of TP from Walgreens for around $4. Still a ways from zero, but I thought it was a good start to my mini "stockpile."

I primarily shop at Safeway for groceries, and then Walgreens if I see a good deal. I also hate shopping at CVS, although location is most convenient for me because it's right across the street from my apartment. But this one is small and don't carry a lot of brands, and everything is so much more expensive!

Today, I went to Safeway to take advantage of their Buy 2 Get 3 Free 12-pk Coca-Cola sodas. I don't really like shopping at Safeway either, but it's the closest large grocery store to my place, and living in the City w/o a car sort of limits me. But my finance and I make it work

Hoping to hear more from local folks soon!!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Josanne has posted more than 150 good deals!Josanne has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Wow, free TP from Whole Foods!?! I'm definitely impressed with that one! Can you share how you did it?
Oh my pleasure! Hope the tone comes through...I don't actually get THAT excited about TP.
Quote:
Ok, so it depends how you look at it, but yesterday I was able to do:
$2.99 sale Seventh Generation dishwashing liquid with a $2/any 2 Seventh Gen product hangtag, plus
$2.99 sale Seventh Generation TP, plus
$1 any Seventh Generation product (Whole Deal insert coupon from March/April).
That's $3 off so I'm calling it FREE TP!
What a feeeeeeeeling...
Quote:
I primarily shop at Safeway for groceries, and then Walgreens if I see a good deal. I also hate shopping at CVS, although location is most convenient for me because it's right across the street from my apartment. But this one is small and don't carry a lot of brands, and everything is so much more expensive!
couponmunkee, do you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's? Yes, not having a car would make it tricky (although it may help you keep to your budget not being able to take more than you can carry! )
The Following User Says Thank You to Josanne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Sien has posted more than 10 good deals
have join just4u...it's a great way to get a second set of MQ's and in store coupons.... the only down fall for the MQ's is that u hav to use them @ safeway. Friday I bought a case of safeway water, 5 personal size pizzas, 4 boxes of pizza rolls, 2 liter sun drop, 2 glad container sets (3ea), 10 white corn on the cobs, 2 boxes of Popsicles, 2 sunny d's i believe that was it. All for $25..... I thought this was pretty good for safeway....
The Following User Says Thank You to Sien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:

couponmunkee, do you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's? Yes, not having a car would make it tricky (although it may help you keep to your budget not being able to take more than you can carry! )
Actually, there are a bunch of Trader Joes in the city, and all easily accessible by bus (or on foot, if I'm feeling ambitious that day). As a matter of fact, I'm actually thinking about going to TJs this morning. Desperately need some macadamia nuts (a huge staple in my diet), and I know I can't use coupons for those, but TJs' prices for macadamia nuts are pretty darn good.

And yes, not having a car benefits our budget tremendously! Working and living in the city, especially if you don't have parking in your apartment building, really erases the need for a car. We use City CarShare when we do need to drive somewhere. Normally around $6.50/hour to rent, it drops down to $1/hour from 12midnight to 8am. So we sacrifice and do our Safeway runs from 6:30am-8:00am. Plus membership covers both insurance and gas, and I know gas prices are a nightmare these days.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 AM

Hey Bay Area peeps! Today's the last day to take advantage of Safeway's specials this sale period, which includes 32-36 oz Heinz Ketchup for $1.99 (this is a Safeway coupon; limit 2), and to stack that with $0.25/1 manufacturer coupon, making each $1.74. The manufacturer coupon was from a recent Sunday insert. Sorry, I will make more of an effort to track these. We're actually pretty ok with ketchup right now, but I figured I would take advantage of this deal and not have to worry about ketchup for at least a couple of months.

There was also a Safeway coupon for Oscar Mayer Meat Franks for $0.99 (limit 5). These should store nicely in the freezer.

And finally, Gallo Salame is on sale for $5.99. There was also a recent manufacturer coupon from a Sunday insert for $1.50 off, making these $4.49; which is a pretty good deal in my opinion since they usually sell for $7-8 in SF Safeways.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 AM

Liao has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi,everyone~I live in the bay area too. I usually shop at Raley's because it very close to my apt but I start to shop at Safeway sometimes because I can get better deal when I combine club card price+just4U+MQ. Yesterday I got Wishbone salad dressing for 0.69c a bottle. It's not free but I still saved few dollars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liao For This Useful Post: