New Coupon Policy -- FYI!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
New Coupon Policy -- FYI!

Yesterday I went to Bi-lo to get the cheap Cheerios and printed the January coupons off the Betty Crocker website. Apparently, the new year is when GM decided to go public with the "new" barcodes, so when I gave them to the cashier they wouldn't scan. The manager came over and told me that they have a new corporate policy starting in December that if it does not scan they will not accept it any longer. I told her I JUST printed these off the website and they were the new barcodes and they would be seeing a lot more of them in the next few weeks. Now, my printer isn't the best printer in the world so it could be that my printer didn't align it correctly, but it was still good to know that as a corporation they have a memo (I saw it in her hand) floating around indicating no-scan-no-take.

Anyone else had any trouble with the new barcodes?

Last edited by princesspsu57; 01-05-2012 at 06:45 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SetTheRays For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 AM

RE: New Coupon Policy -- FYI!

My Mood/Status:
wcrssnchr has posted more than 10 good deals
yes I had this happen to me late dec. . The manger even should me the memo. That manger told me the same thing if it beeps its a different story but if it doesnt scan then they wont take it. The manger said it was from all the fraud that is happening in coupons, due to couponing becoming a new trend.
The Following User Says Thank You to wcrssnchr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM

SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SetTheRays has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrssnchr View Post
yes I had this happen to me late dec. . The manger even should me the memo. That manger told me the same thing if it beeps its a different story but if it doesnt scan then they wont take it. The manger said it was from all the fraud that is happening in coupons, due to couponing becoming a new trend.
Yes, that's what the cashier said to me too about fraud. She knows my family and me since we come in there about once a week and said she knew I wouldn't give them bad coupons. I told her she was right that I wouldn't come in there with my husband and two kids bringing coupons that were fraudulent and just act nice and friendly to everyone.

If it beeps it usually means it's for a different product, if it doesn't scan it could just be a printer issue and the cashier should type in the barcode. Though with the new coupons I'm not sure how that would work?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SetTheRays For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
My store just keys in the coupon if it does not scan.With the new coupons they just key in coupon value then grocieries or vender.I have shopped at the same Bi-lo's for 9 yrs so, they know me.I have never had a issue using coupons.That might be because all the Customer Service & cashiers use coupons.They know what coupons are out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!krissyo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Mine also says that if the internet printables do not scan then they cannot take them. Their system does not appear set up for the new barcodes as none of those I have tried to use (internet or insert) have worked there. The inserts they will punch in but not the internet printed ones.
Mommy to Robert
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my 5 fur babies

Dealing with new allergies to the trees out my backdoor. I will respond to everything within a few days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krissyo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
This may be the new norm with a lot of stores until their systems are updated to take the new coupons.

Thanks for the updated policy.
My son has just moved to an area with a Bi-Lo and we have started shopping for him there. And sometimes I pick up items to bring home, so am enjoying the doubling, gas rewards, etc.
So hopefully they will soon get the system working.

So far we have found the cashiers, and everyone very polite and helpful. Last time I shopped there the one cashier said she loved coupons and enjoying seeing the savings.
But I do work hard to only give correct coupons.

Thanks again
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Last edited by SetTheRays; 01-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.