| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
$6.99 pre-tax @ Bi-Lo for $102.37 + 2 other trips to share
This is from my Saturday trip. I'm just now getting time to enter it.
This Bi-Lo doubles to .60 and rings B1G1F as 1/2+1/2 priced which is great cause I can use a q on each one if the q is off of just 1.
(2) Idahoan Mashed Potatoes .88 ea - $1/2 catalina q = .76 for two or .38 ea
(3) Dole Fruit Bowls 2.59 ea - Free Coupon for each (from a review for the company)
(2) Ortega Taco Seasoning on sale 2/$1.20 - .75/2 q = .45/2
(2) Wishbone Santa Fe Salad Dresssing (dh loves this) 2/$4 - (2) .60/1 DBLQ = .80 ea
(2) Knorr Side Dishes 2/$2 - .40/2 DBLQ - $1.20/2 or .60 ea
(1) French's Worcestershire Sauce $1.73 - .50/1 DBLQ = .73
(2) Vitamin Water on sale 2/$2
(1) Powerade $1.39 - FREE WYB 2 Vitamin Water Q
(1) Huggies Wipes on sale $2.79 - .50/1 DBLQ = $1.79
(1) Pamper Easy Ups $11.75 - FREE Q from company for a review
(1) Clean & Clear Facial Cleanser on clearance for $1 - $2 Q that got adjusted down to $1
(1) pack of bandaids on clearance for .50 - $1 Q
(1) Nature's Bounty vitamin on clearance for $1 - $1 Q
(1) Bic Soleil on sale $3.99 - $2q = $1.99 and there's a $2 q in the package
(10) Carefree regular pantiliners $1.32 ea
(1) Aveeno Facial Bar $2.99
(10) Carefree long scented pantiliners $1.32 ea - The above three listed items were used with the J&J/CareFree/Mylicon/Aveeno, etc. q (up to $5/3)
(8) 1lb roll Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage $2.99 - $1.50 store q - $1 blinkie q = .49 ea
Total before savings 102.37
total after savings $6.99
I had some high value q's and the frees really helped.
After not really stockpiling for almost 6 years, my "stash" was dwindling to nothing or near nothing. Shampoo stash was already gone as was diaper rash, wipes, conditioner, and many of the first aid items. Bi-Lo has really started coming in handy recenty since they now double to .60. I had all but stopped couponing for those 6 years due to the fact that none of the stores doubled in this area after Ingles closed down when Super WM opened. Then there was only Eckerd which just recently became a RA. I still had Dollar General, Family Dollar, and a Fred's which only doubles to .70 and one like item q now. So it was harder to stockpile.
All the other good stores like CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc are all at least a one hour drive from me (in two different directions). We are soon to get a Walgreens opening up though in one of the small towns near us.
Here's another previous trip that I hadn't posted yet.
(1) Nestle Morsels $1.62 - 1.50/1 q (printer ate the other...argh!!) = .12
(1) French's Mustard .97 - .50/1 DBL Q = FREE
(2) Malt O Meal Frosted Flakes B1G1F 2/$3 - (2) $1/1 q = 2/$1 or .50 each
(6) Malt O Meal Golden Puffs B1G1F 6/$9 - (4) $1/1 q = (2) .75/1 q = 6/$3.50
(1) Old Orchard Healthy Balance Cranberry Juice sale $1.66 - $1/1 q = .66
(2) Nature Made Vitamins - Magnesium $3.69 B1G1F - (2) $2/1 q = FREE
Subtotal before Savings $36.34
Subtotal after savings $5.13
(1) French's Mustart .97 - .50/1 DBLQ = Free
(3) Malt O Meal Golden Puffs b1g1f = 3/$4.47 - (3) $1/1 = 3/$1.47
(2) Ronzoni Spaghetties sale 2/$2.24 - (2) $1/1 q = 2/.24 or .12 ea
(1) Vitamin Water sale $1
(3) Borax sale $2.99 - (3) $1/1 q from company = $1.99 ea
(2) store brand dish detergent (cheaper than the other after q would have been applied) = sale $1.50 ea
(1) Tropican OJ (dh was with me. ) 4/$5 (no q)
(1) Eggland's Brown Organic Eggs $3.26 - .50/1 DBL Q = $2.26 (which was just a few cents more than the regular store brand eggs and these are organic so works for us)
(1) Egglands Eggs $3.16 - .35/1 q = $2.46 (this were just a couple of cents more so it was ok considering we go through a lot of eggs)
(1) 1/2 gal Horizon Organic Milk (dh's choice) $4.69 - $1/1 q = $3.69
(1) 1/2 gal Horizon Organic Choc. Milk $4.59 - $1/1 q = $3.59
(1) Pillsbury Pastry Savorings $4.19 - FREE q from company for review
(10) Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage $2.99 - $1.50 store q - $1/1 blinkie q = .49 ea. (it wasn't until I got halfway down the road did I realize that one of the store q's didn't ring in and dh wouldn't go back.. he was driving... I don't like grocery/coupon shopping with him!
Sub-total before savings $80.92
sub-total after savings $31.83
My tip: Don't go grocery shopping with dh unless he likes/understands couponing. He loves that coupon and will ask if I have a coupon for something the majority of the time but often just puts stuff in the cart. Oh well, I love him and he's the one paying the bills.
|Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!|
GREAT JOB...I just love Bi-Lo
|The Following User Says Thank You to busymomx2 For This Useful Post:|
I have a BiLo that policies are similar to yours...mine doubles up to .70 and their B1G1 is the same as yours.
But gosh how in the world do you get your OOP so low..That is my main problem...We eat a lot of produce which takes up like $10 of my bill. But where I live the closest BIG newspaper is the Chattanooga Free Press and it rarely has good coupons...We get the basic RP and SS and PG. And for some reason I can never find tearpads at my BiLo...like the Kraft ones and Nabisco ones everyone has..NOT ME
I do pretty good..I only shop once a week for a family of 6 and on average on I spend about $150 weekly and some of that is stockpiling.
You have some great tips....Thanks
|The Following User Says Thank You to legsttt1 For This Useful Post:|
Thanks for the tips!
I'm still learning and new to this but I enjoy your tips on good sales and coupons. I also live in the Chattanooga area and my Bi-Lo off Hixson Pk has lots of tearpads and closeouts (every little bit helps...just wish they had the deal on the Jimmy Dean Sausage). THANKS!
Hi legstt1 and lovebeingmommy!
I used to live in the Hixson and Red Bank areas. I now live near Dayton, TN.
I pm'd the following to legstt1 but thought I would share it here for others too.
She asked how I get my oop so low at Bi-Lo
As far as getting my oop so low. I go for the smallest items that my q is good on. Sometimes it rolls the q's to the exact amount of the item and then sometimes it will give me overage. Never know which it's going to do.
I compare my q's to the sales ads and I hang on to some until a sale comes around (hopefully before the q expires). I did that with the Betty Crocker Warm Delights and got them for .66 after .50/1 dbl q. They aren't something I would normally buy but it was a good little treat.
You do know you can combine Bi-Lo store q's with mfg q' when possible, right? That's what I did on the Jimmy Dean Sausage.
In that particular order, I used some of the $5/3 Johnson, Carefree, etc. q's that were in the purple ad inside the Bi-Lo sale paper last week. They are regular mfg q's and will give overage when the cashier rings them. I picked up some extra... well had oldest dd to when she was on her way home from Bible College on Tuesday night... The store would throw the old ones out anyway so I had her to get extras for me.
Did you get any of those? Bi-Lo sales the Carefree pantiliners for $1.32... potential for $1.04 overage.
I get rainchecks when they are out of something then search/trade/order coupons to make the deal sweeter... like I did a couple of weeks ago when they had the TN Pride Sausage Gravy for .98 -- I ordered .55/1 q's that got doubled.
I find a few tear pads but not many. I never found the Kraft or Nabisco either.
I was shopping once a month for the the staples and then once a week for the produce, dairy, etc. I'm starting to get back into couponing a lot more now that Bi-Lo doubles (they didn't always in this area so I didn't fool with them) as they are more expensive than Save-A-Lot and WM on many of the items. I was averaging $500 a month for a family of 9 and the majority of this was without coupons as I was buying things I normally don't see coupons on... I grind our own cornmeal, flour, etc. Those stores don't carry wheat berries and only a few now carry the whole popcorn. Plus meat... we eat a lot of meat dishes (dh prefers) and I rarely find meat q's or milk q's either. I was excited to see the $1/1 Mayfield q's recently. Anyway.. my monthly bill averaged to about $125 a week so not too bad but now I want to get it lower obviously. I miss the good ol' .50 doubles at Winn Dixie and several of the really good q's from days gone by. Fred's used to double to a $1 unlimited and boy those were the stockpiling days for cleaners, health and beauty items, and a few food items.
I told dh that I'm pretty well stocked on staples that we use and that I wanted to get back to couponing to fill the stockpile back up on the non-food items as well as some quick food items for lunches and such. So I've started getting back into coupons more like I once did before we moved here to the Dayton/Pikeville area from Hixson/Red Bank.
I went yesterday into town to run a couple of errands (we live on top of a mountain - 20 miles to town) so I try to stop into Bi-Lo with my coupon binder when I'm off the mountain. It averages about once or twice a week. I have been getting my bill less than $20. (unless dh is with me. LOL He buys stuff I don't plan on)
The prices are higher now but the coupon values aren't. You gotta know your store prices to really make the coupons work for you. I'm still learning Bi-Lo's prices.
Not sure if that is of any help but I hope so. I was just curious to whereabout you live.
I'm not sure if you will get my other message... because I don't have rep of 5 so was told can't PM until count is 5.
Anyway, thank you for your tips. I have actually followed your posts for a few days now and have saved a lot. I also picked up a few of those coupons. My husband is amazed at the savings. Thanks again.
Great Job. I Use To Go To Bi-lo At Least Once A Week. We Don't Have Them In Knoxville Any More And I Really Miss Them. Question: What Company Did You Do Reviews For To Get Free Coupons? If You Can Answer I Would Appreciate It. Thanks For The Post Really Enjoyed Seeing What People Are Getting Good Deals On.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2 Trips this A.M.||YouMe&3||My CVS Trip Today||3||07-21-2008 08:34 PM|
|My CVS trips||LVMom2twins||My CVS Trip Today||1||03-20-2008 06:31 PM|
|My Trips||bargainshopper||Deal Graveyard||5||12-13-2007 08:27 AM|
|My two cvs trips||lochelle||Deal Graveyard||0||10-28-2007 03:10 AM|
|How many trips to CVS?||AriesGirl71||Deal Graveyard||13||10-05-2007 06:17 AM|