Fresh Fruit Discounts?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

kajnsn has posted more than 5 good deals
Fresh fruit discounts?

Hey there everyone!

I have been couponing for a while, but I still consider myself an amateur... I just got back into it after a hiatus from it for a while.

For those of you who are more experienced couponers, how do you all find savings on fresh fruit? That seems to be a lot of my grocery budget -- I try to eat healthy -- but it rarely has a coupon, and doesn't save very long so stockpiling isn't an option.

Ideas/tips?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2015, 10:21 AM

RE: Fresh fruit discounts?

My Mood/Status:
subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The only savings I receive often is the Driscolls berries coupons. You can go to their website and sign up to take surveys. Initially You get .50/1 ip for any berry. After certain amount of surveys the value goes up to .75/1 and then $1.00/1. I stock up on them when they're on sale for .99 and use the $1 ip. I'll freeze lots for use later in smoothies, baking and desserts.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:20 PM

RE: Fresh fruit discounts?

pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you have a Kroger store or affiliate and use their loyalty card they may send you a "Best Customer" coupon packet. I usually get a $x/$xx produce coupon in mine every few months.

A lor, if not most Walgreens have individual apples, bananas, etc. When you need a $.50 filler item you can buy a piece of fruit instead of a candy bar.

Some states have wine tags or liquor tags attached to the bottles. We don't have the wine tags in our state anymore, but a long time ago we did and I found a stack off $2 off any fruit coupons. Depends on your state's liquor laws. Sometime the tags are for mail in rebates, rather than instant savings.

Keep your eye out for fresh food coupons on The Target website. Sometimes they will have an IP coupon for $x/$xx produce or $10/$50 groceries.

Safeway/Albertsons this week has a $15/$25 grocery Catalina wyb $150 in Visa or Amex gift cards. Buy the gift card to get the coupon, then use the card to pay for your groceries. There are usually other gift card deals around too for the holidays.

Cuties usually has a coupon out during the holidays for mandarin oranges.

Shop at a produce stand instead of the grocery store. I find their prices are better than grocery store prices.

Shop at an ethnic store (Asian or Hispanic). Their produce and fresh goods are usually cheaper than main stream groceries.

If you use Kraft products, there is a tearpad coupon for $2 off produce wyb 3 listed Kraft items. I don't remember where I found them, they have been out for a while. Exp. 11/30/15.

As mentioned above, use frozen fruit for smoothies. As good or better nutrition as fresh. Sometimes you can find a coupon for frozen. March is frozen foods month.

That is all I can think of right now. It;s a lot of work to save on fresh food.