I Have A Challenge...or A Couponing Puzzle..

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

naivasna has posted more than 150 good deals!naivasna has posted more than 150 good deals!
Idea I have a challenge...or a couponing puzzle..

Item: Hoover Floormate Deluxe

I want this. I worked out a way to get it as low as $40-50 dollars, but this week I don't really have the money for that. I thought I did, when I got it down that low, and then found that wasn't the case.

So the challenge, should you choose to accept, is to help me figure out how to make this practically free. I know that from the original price of $159, that $40ish is a really good price. That doesn't make it more affordable, though.

The way that I have gotten it to about $40-$50 is:
I have two Target gift cards, one for $20 and one for $10. Target will price match to Kohl's. Kohl's has it for $99. link here.

Additionally, I have one gift card voucher from CVS which can be turned into an AMEX gift card for $10 (assuming target takes AMEX), and one opportunity this week to get a gift card on the CVS promo ($10), which I can then turn into an AMEX. I have two CVS gift cards which are specific to CVS.

So, the scenario so far:
Go to Target.
Price match to Kohl's for $99
Use $30 Target GC's
Use $20 Amex GC's
=$49
Now, if I could get them to print, I would have two Target coupons, $5 off $35 small appliances, or potentially $10 off $40 household, but I'm not sure if my Target will accept the $10 off $40. To me, it's covered under household cleaners, and I see no exclusions listed except for the coupon to say it includes these brands.. it doesn't go further to say that every thing else is excluded. So, I could take another $20 off if they accept the $10/$40, or another $10 off if they accept the $5/$35.

I have a lot of stores near me, and this list is not all inclusive (in case there are any other promos out there for gift cards, etc, that can be utilized). I have Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, Safeway, Giant, Food Lion (i think), Target, Home Depot, Lowes..

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Ideas?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 09:16 PM

RE: I have a challenge...or a couponing puzzle..

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Once you PM at Target you usually cannot use Target Store Qs.
The item you are PMing at Target is currently $139.

Quote:
Can I use a coupon when price matching?

You can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When you present a coupon(s), follow these steps:

Manufacturer coupons: manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
Target and Cartwheel℠ coupons: Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
Combining both Target, Cartwheel and manufacturer coupons: the Target and Cartwheel coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made, the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

Reminder: we accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor's coupon-required offers.
!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2014, 09:36 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Does Target let you PM online at Target.com? If so, I would use a rebate site to let me get money back for the online purchase.

Also, usually Hoover puts out rebates on its products. I would check to see if there is a rebate from Hoover on your product.

If you have the Target Redcard that will also let you save an additional 5%.

But I'm not seeing a price lower than Kohl's.
!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:03 AM

naivasna has posted more than 150 good deals!naivasna has posted more than 150 good deals!
I thought that target pm would be after cartwheel. I'll have to go look at the policy again. Not sure about online pricing. I've had no real luck with ebates. I stopped using it when they didn't give me several of them. To be fair, I didn't contact them.

I was hoping that there was somewhere else that was doing gift cards as promos or something. That I could double dip on buying either things that I need or buying the gift cards if there was a rebate or a discount. The only place that I know of is cvs.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:30 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
WAGS is doing Jingle Cash that excludes gift cards.
Safeway is doing GCs earn more fuel points promo.

Lowes and Home Depot both have military veteran discounts, so I don't know their regular pricing.
!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
As I understand pming at Target you cannot apply Target coupons to the pmed items. I suppose you could ask but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't know if this is an option for you but perhaps asking for Target gcs for the holiday. With the new year we usually see cleaning deals. I can't recall if that generally includes appliances like this, hopefully someone else can chime in about that possibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 04:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
No TQ on pmed items. As far as I seen. You can only use manufacturer qs. You might want to wait, there might be a better deal coming. They seem to be running different kind of deals every week at Target

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hadia For This Useful Post: