How To Get Fresh Meats And Veggies For Cheap/free?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 07:41 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Derptastic has posted more than 10 good deals
How to get fresh meats and veggies for cheap/free?

Is this even possible other than using a OYNO q?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derptastic For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 12:30 AM

RE: How to get fresh meats and veggies for cheap/free?

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, it is possible. OYNOs and Store transaction Qs are good ways.

If you truly want to get the best deals on fresh meats and veggies, then you will need to adjust your menu preparation and planning to align with the sales.
-> Each week there is a different meat cut that is the best deal for the week. For example, this week the best meat deals are on Turkey, but there are also good deals on bone-in ham, boneless skinless chicken breasts, sausage links, or store brand bacon this week depending on which store you shop.
-> Every couple weeks different vegetables come into peak. Vegetables at their season peak will be cheapest. Potatoes, yams, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers are all on sale at the stores this week here.

If you are OK with some meat and vegetables being frozen or canned, then you will be able to have greater flexibility on what you prepare.
!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuschHome View Post

If you truly want to get the best deals on fresh meats and veggies, then you will need to adjust your menu preparation and planning to align with the sales.
-> Each week there is a different meat cut that is the best deal for the week. For example, this week the best meat deals are on Turkey, but there are also good deals on bone-in ham, boneless skinless chicken breasts, sausage links, or store brand bacon this week depending on which store you shop.
-> Every couple weeks different vegetables come into peak. Vegetables at their season peak will be cheapest. Potatoes, yams, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers are all on sale at the stores this week here.

If you are OK with some meat and vegetables being frozen or canned, then you will be able to have greater flexibility on what you prepare.

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member???
Love AFC? Like Helping Others?
Click here
be a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Volunteer!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 19
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Khiara 11
, Kabreena 9
, Teigan 4
and SoCo 13
The Following User Says Thank You to MommaOf2Many For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:25 PM

Help Sign

Quote:

Thanks for your input! In my area, I have a Target, Kroger, Brookshire's, Albertson's, and Wal-Mart. Out of those options, which puts out the most/best ONYO cats? I usually shop at Kroger (before trying to get back into couponing), but rarely get any ONYO's from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Derptastic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 11:03 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
My experience is:
-> Kroger has more food OYNOs and more Store transaction Qs.
-> Albertsons has better non-food OYNOs and great B1G1 Free meat deals.
-> Target offers great GCs, cartwheel offers, Store Qs, plus provides additional savings for having their Red Card.
-> Walmart Savings Catcher and price matching provides the largest savings.
I haven't shopped a Brookshire or Super 1 in a l-o-n-g time.

Your personal experience and preferences at your local stores will determine which are the best for you.
!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 PM

B1G1 on meat?! Awesomesauce! I haven't set foot in Albertson's in probably a decade. Looks like that will be changing soon!

Quote:
My experience is:
-> Kroger has more food OYNOs and more Store transaction Qs.
-> Albertsons has better non-food OYNOs and great B1G1 Free meat deals.
-> Target offers great GCs, cartwheel offers, Store Qs, plus provides additional savings for having their Red Card.
-> Walmart Savings Catcher and price matching provides the largest savings.
I haven't shopped a Brookshire or Super 1 in a l-o-n-g time.

Your personal experience and preferences at your local stores will determine which are the best for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Derptastic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Get to know the butchers in your local store. The store has to lower the price as the meat can only be in the case for a set time. They can tell you what time they start marking it down
You can also see if a friend to go half in with you on a whole steer or pig. You can purchase it at an auction, local farm or the meat house. If you do that it's usually cheaper per pound and you can choose the cuts you want.

For veggies, look for local farmers markets or pick your own farms. In Austin we have a local farm that trades a four hour shift for a crate of fresh veggies
The Following User Says Thank You to AngBuck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 PM

hayleywestenrafan has posted more than 200 great deals!hayleywestenrafan has posted more than 200 great deals!hayleywestenrafan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Do you have a local safeway?
I usually buy my meats there. They always have a place on the end of the meat isle that has their soon-to-be-expiring meats for 30%-50% off.

the last time I went I bought a grass fed sirloin steak for $4 that was usually $8. I don't plan my meals out beforehand, I'll go and see what's half off first: if it's chicken we'll have chicken and rice, if its hamburger maybe spaghetti, if it's steak we'll make some potatoes and corn on the side. It's always a good meal whatever's on sale. I find working around the mark downs saves me so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to hayleywestenrafan For This Useful Post: