Need Help

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 11:23 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

tbuckingham has posted more than 1 good deal
Question need help

My sisters wedding is at the end of the month and she had asked me to buy the soda and water for her wedding guests. I am on a very tight budget and need help.

The store will vary as I am in Wyoming and the wedding is in Colorado.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 08:05 PM

RE: need help

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuckingham View Post
My sisters wedding is at the end of the month and she had asked me to buy the soda and water for her wedding guests. I am on a very tight budget and need help.

The store will vary as I am in Wyoming and the wedding is in Colorado.
Do you know about how much you need to buy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:08 PM

I need enough for 75-150 people
Old 08-09-2014, 08:18 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
assume you want to buy in CO?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM

either in CO or WY, where ever i can get the best deals
Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 AM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
So for a 2-3 hour event... 450 servings of soda and water or more?
Cans work better for events because people consume less that way. Plus, you are more likely to find a deal on 12pks. Generic brand water bottles will be the cheapest alternative. Brand name water are usually 2x the price.

(36) 12pks Soda = 432 soda cans
+ (4) 24pks Water = 96 water bottles

Strive for $3/soda 12pk and $4/water 24pk and it'll cost less than $150.

Longer than 3 hrs... you'll want to multiply this out based on time, 4hrs = 2x, 5 hrs = 2.5x, 6 hrs = 3x, etc.
!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Not sure if you shop cvs or have one this week their water is $2.22 a 24 pack might help

See I feel the opposite with soda, ever time we throw a party people take cans, forget it's there or that it's theirs and I'm throwing away a ton of 1/2 full cans
to Miguel
, Mom to Destiny (17)
and Esael (15)
, We Have 5
, 1
and FINALLY after 12 years welcomed
which makes us
Old 08-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We had a caterer for our food but provided our own soft drinks and liquor for our guests. Most of our drinks budget went for liquor, so we were all about saving money on the other things. For the first half of the reception, the caterers poured the drinks. For the second half, it was self-serve.

Is somebody going to be serving or is it self-serve? If somebody will be serving, I'd go with 2 liters for the soda. That's what we did and it went well and was a lot cheaper. I think we got cans too, but most of those went home afterwards.

Water could go either way. Did she ask for bottles or does she care? If she doesn't care, you can buy the gallons of Ozarka for a dollar or so. Or if the area has good water, get some clear pitchers or one of those beverage dispensers that have the tap on the bottom, fill them with ice, and get it from the tap.

I'd assume they'd be getting cups of ice when they got the cans (?), so that cost would be the same either way.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM

iwantadeal has posted more than 10 good deals
Serve freezing water so that they end up drinking less!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:44 AM

She has told me that I can get 2 liters, cans, water bottles with crystal light flavors she knows that I am on a very tight budget.. I am not sure wether or not she is having a caterer.

If i could get coupons for so much off 2 litter soda or I was looking at Walgreens add and the Lipton pure leaf tea was 1 and you receive a 1 RR making them Free and their 2 litter soda was on sale for 1

I also did not know if King Soopers, Costco or any other stores in CO had good deals
Old 08-10-2014, 05:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!
buy the small cans of pop - less waste that way.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Tb tell us what stores your working with in both states and I'm sure those of us familiar with them could help better maybe on a current or upcoming deal
to Miguel
, Mom to Destiny (17)
and Esael (15)
, We Have 5
, 1
and FINALLY after 12 years welcomed
which makes us
Old 08-10-2014, 07:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I agree that people waste cans but if you buy 2 liters then you're going to have to buy cups. I think SPOILEDTCANGEL has a good idea in letting us know which stores you would possibly be going to. As far as my experience goes, Costco's soda is more expensive than grocery/drug stores when you get it on sale.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOILEDTCANGEL View Post
Tb tell us what stores your working with in both states and I'm sure those of us familiar with them could help better maybe on a current or upcoming deal
In WY I have Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, Albertsons, Safeway, Dollar Tree.

In CO all the above plus I know King Soopers (my sister has a soopers card) Costco (She has a membership there) Target

I will be in the Denver area of CO so I am sure there are other stores as well that I cannot think of.