Wedding Gift?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Help Sign Wedding gift?

So we are invited to a friend's wedding. They both come from wealthy families and are very educated and their wedding is gonna be in one of the highly expensive place.

So how do I get a gift which would compare to their $150 reception food and not break the bank?

What kind of gifts you ladies would give to such a couple?
Anything that could be bought with coupons would make it cheaper for me

But seriously speaking, that is $300 for me and DH, that we should give something that at least covers that much... still that is a lot of money...basically our 3 weeks worth of groceries ....yikes

HELPP!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 AM

RE: Wedding gift?

ghamman has posted more than 150 good deals!ghamman has posted more than 150 good deals!
I wouldn't say your gift has to equal what your meals cost. My cousin's wedding was a lot like the one you are describing. She married into a very wealthy family and I couldn't afford to get something huge like they were talking about wanting. I ended up doing something smaller for them that was more personal. For example if these are close friends maybe make them something for their home. Do you have any pictures of the two of them throughout their relationship? Maybe make a shadow box or if you are handy take the letter of their last name and glue the pictures into that. I know this would mean more to me then something store bought
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghamman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 09:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Wish Not very close friends

Yeah I would like that too, but seems I can't really make anything personal in this case. I would have to come up with something else

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:41 AM

AFC Star Member

simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
How about putting together a romantic picnic basket? Use Qs for Michaels or some craft store (they have great baskets and usually carry wedding supplies like champagne glasses etc...) Then do napkins & a tablecloth and whatever your budget will allow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simba123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 10:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi Re: wedding gift

I understand that you may feel obligated to buy an expensive gift but really it isnt necessary! You sound like a very giving person. I am too!!! So, i understand the feeling. But, i can tell you from experience that it isn the amount of the gift that matters!!! Its the thought that counts!!!
The smaller more creative gifts are amazing!!! I would google crafty wedding gift ideas or best wedding gift ideas. You will get alot of ideas.
You see, wealthy people can afford to buy whatever they want. You dont need to burden your family or your budget. Its not necessary. The wedding registry gifts they picked are to be bought by those usually n the wedding party and parents and relatives, or those with rich pocketbooks. We are average people who coupon. They wouldnt want you to hurt yourself financially. They just want you to be a part of their magical day and enjoy it too. Get what you can afford that has special meaning. I love getting things engraved. That is very memorable!!! Go to "Things Remembered" at the mall. There are wedding gifts there that you can get engraved. Do it a week before the wedding so they have time to engrave your wedding gift. They have frames and other items there that make good wedding gifts. It may cost around $75-$100 and will look like several hundred dollars. And, personal engraving is a special touch. Hth
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 06:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree with those above it doesn't have to be expensive to appear expensive. Even if you are not close friends just make sure it has some meaning behind it. I am going to a 10 year anniversary renewal and reception in June. The reception is being held at a very POSH Country Club. I am having my daughter paint them an original work of art. Went into facebook and printed several of the photos they have shared and am going to make them and scrapbook that can be added to also. Trust me this side of my sisters family has more money than can be imagined, but Knowing them the way I do they will appreciate the thought that I put into it more than any other gift they get
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 12:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you all, those are some wonderful ideas and I will most likely do one of them

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 09:21 PM

buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My son married into a fairly wealthy family this year and the reception was similar to what you're talking about. Their favorite gifts seem to be items with their initials or last name displayed. Someone gave them a decorative plate with their initials which is proudly displayed in their apartment. Another person gave them a corn hole game with the last name on it (they're in their 20's). You might check Etsy for ideas too.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you wanted to go the traditional route....

Belks always has an amazing end of January sale.

Like 50 or 75% off lowest price.

In college, I went and bought $400 sterling platters for $25. They had a removable cutting board inside. It had been discontinued.

They were marked to $100 and then it was 75% off. Even though I was in college I bought all 4. It was my standard wedding present when I was in college and everyone loved it. I would keep your eyes out

Also, Ross had my calphalon knives when I got married about 40-75 % off my bed bath beyond list so I told people to go there.

Last edited by Jesterrose; 12-07-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!momto4guys has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
You could do this. My DDL has one and she loves it. DIY Wedding Keepsake Christmas Ornament They are very pretty and so easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to momto4guys For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2014, 01:43 PM

schambers has posted more than 10 good deals
Geh this happened with my poor mom at my wedding when our in-laws went gift crazy. I dont think you need to cover exactly what they are spending on you. Do you have an outlet mall near you? When I need to get something fancy/ brand name I always go there. If you sign up for their VIP club you get a coupon book for free to shop with. Helps a bit.