Need Help With Laundry Detergent And Toiletries

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Help Sign Need help with laundry detergent and toiletries

Dear veteran couponers,

I am in need of laundry detergent and toiletries. I have some coupons (most of the this and last months' coupons.... anything which is not expired, I have them), but no idea which would be best place to get these items at a reasonable price. DH went back to school so every penny counts.

We got Giant Food, Food Lion, Dollar Tree, Dollar Family, Safeway, Riteaid, Shoprite, Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, and Kmart close by (well not all in one area, but a good distance).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM

RE: Need help with laundry detergent and toiletries

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
since you have WAG, do you happen to have a raincheck when Purex detergent went on sale B1G2F several times in the past? if you have one of those RCs and your WAG is like ours where RCs don't expire, you can get 3 jugs or packages for the price of one. check 5/5 RP if there are Purex coupons that will match the regular jugs of Purex so you can get them really cheap. If coupons are x/2, you can buy 6 (if you have the RC good on 2 sets), and use 3 MQs. If your MQs are x/1, you can use six MQs. The coupon policy allows using 1 MQ per item even on BOGO sale as long as the total amount doesn't exceed sale price.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thank You Excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
since you have WAG, do you happen to have a raincheck when Purex detergent went on sale B1G2F several times in the past? if you have one of those RCs and your WAG is like ours where RCs don't expire, you can get 3 jugs or packages for the price of one. check 5/5 RP if there are Purex coupons that will match the regular jugs of Purex so you can get them really cheap. If coupons are x/2, you can buy 6 (if you have the RC good on 2 sets), and use 3 MQs. If your MQs are x/1, you can use six MQs. The coupon policy allows using 1 MQ per item even on BOGO sale as long as the total amount doesn't exceed sale price.

Good luck!
Thank you!
Unfortunately, no RCs, but got three RP and I see two MQS for Purex in each. $1.5/1 (seems there is no limit on size, but says Purex® No Sort for colors) and then there is $3/2 which states 128oz/54ct or larger.

I am excited, even though I have no idea what kind of products our WAG will have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi Hello from Texas!!!

Welcome to AFC! This is an awesome site!!! There is tons of information in here. I would start out at wags or cvs. Cvs is my favorite store. I started couponing because i was spending more on toiletries than food! I thought that was crazy!!! I suggest cvs because it is much easier than wags program. And, you dont want to try to shop multiple stores because coupon policies are different everywhere. Always ask in that forum if you dont know. We are happy to help newcomers learn to save $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!
I started couponing in January of 2013. I lived in the cvs forum and watched and learned and asked a zillion questions!!! I probably drove monkeydawn nuts!!! She is one of the forum leaders in the cvs forum. She is an encyclopedia of coupon knowledge!!! She is amazing!!! And, there are sooooo many others on here with soooo much knowledge! They are very helpful!!! You will be amazed at all you will learn. I saved $13,000+ my first year couponing just at cvs!!! I have finally ventured out into other stores like wags, dollartree, and target this year. And, i am learning to price match at walmart too. I am going bananas now!!! Too many stores to keep up with. Thats why i suggest just starting with one store. Drugstores are a great place to start, especially for toiletries and such. Pretty soon you will never buy another tube of toothpaste, mouthwash, deoderant, razors, lotion, soap, etc. And, you will learn how to get makeup for FREE or very little out of pocket! Its incredible and so muchmore than i expected!! Just pace yourself and give yourself time to learn the process. We post great deals, trip scenarios, and trip posts. Follow those for a while and you will be off to the races!!!
Good luck!!! Happy couponing!!! And, if you have any specific questions, feel free to private message(pm) me. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have! Or post out here or in a specific forum you are in. Lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 06:27 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Welcome! I agree that the drugstores store rewards game is a great way to save on hba. After a little time you should be able to get most of your hba and snack foods for close to tax only. What store I would start with would depend upon a few factors. The first thing I would look at is how many of each store I have in the areas I travel most commonly. The reason being that sometimes you can't get all you need at just one store to complete a deal and you may have to seek out other like stores to finish a deal up. So if you have 1 cvs and 10 rite aids, you might do better starting at rite aid. Then go to the 101 of whichever drugstore you think might be best in your area and start reading. Afc members are super helpful so if something isn't quite clicking for you, ask us!

Now if you seem to have the same amount of stores of each drugstore in your area I consider cvs the most newbie friendly, then rite aid (ra), then walgreens (wags). Which has the best deals varies from time to time. I wouldn't start with more than one since the rules can vary and are easy to mix up! Once you get a feel for one, then add another store if you feel you have the time. Start with whatever low buy in FREEs or MMers you can get at your drugstore of choice to build your store rewards bankroll. Having a decent store rewards bankroll is the key to getting almost free hba.

For now, since you don't have an established stockpile or bankroll just focus on finding a better price than you are used to paying. I would look at sales plus coupons at the drugstores, big box stores and grocery stores. Generally when a particular item is a great deal, someone will post a thread about it. You can also scan the weekly threads for the stores you have to see if there are any matchups.

It takes time and effort to shop like this but you can do it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 09:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you so much. You ladies have given me so many ideas already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadia For This Useful Post: