Desperate Help Needed With Baby Shower Gift!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!
Desperate help needed with Baby shower gift!

So I was recently invited to a baby shower. I would love to give a gift because I know the young lady has nothing in preparation for this baby. Sigh..
So, can one of you lovely ladies please help me put together a gift basket?

She has a registry with baby R us but knowing our coupon skills I can get her much more than a single item. The only problem is I last shopped for a baby 14 years ago. I have no idea what the sales are or what to even buy.

The shower is the last weekend this month.

Thank you guys in advance!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbikar For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM

RE: Desperate help needed with Baby shower gift!

My Mood/Status:
Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
For my nephew, I made a gift basket as well. Included was a pack of diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, generic mylicon drops, trial sizes of baby powder, shampoo, Advil, etc. I shopped clearance sales & included outfits, socks, a few rattles, & bibs. Anything I found cheap, I included it in the basket. I included coupons & samples of vitamin/iron drops & nipple cream for breast feeding that I picked up at my children's pediatrician.

Hth

Last edited by Philly_Girl; 05-05-2014 at 07:20 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Philly_Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 07:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
For my daughter I made a diaper cake - three layers - huge, med, and small. It took a huge box of Pampers. I used size 2 so she could look at it a bit. The layers were on a circle board (I didn't cover it but some cover it with a receiving blanket). I rolled each diaper individually and secured with a rubberband. I then had a gigantic rubber band and inside I placed the diapers standing up until the layer was as big as the circle board (you can use a plastic veggie tray from the supermarket if you have one.) I repeated for the top layer. Around each layer I wrapped either blue (first baby) or pink (second baby) ribbon. In the layers, around the layers, attached to the layers were little items I knew she would need - baby lotion, shampoo, powder, travel wipes, thermometer, qtips, pacifier, socks, teether, etc. Even a stuffed animal. The middle layer was a blanket rolled into a layer shape held by a large rubberband and trimmed with the ribbon. On the top was a stuffed animal. There is no right or wrong - just have fun. So it was animal, diapers, blanket, diapers. For the girl, I used tulle as well as the ribbon on the outside.

I also made her a bouquet for her shower. I took onesies, a lightweight receiving blanket, and tiny socks and made "flowers" from them. I attached them to a wire and wrapped them with green floral tape and put into a bouquet with tulle and ribbon.

Check youtube for ideas.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocosmom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 07:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cocosmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I also made baskets for friends. Knowing that others would probably get the basics I put two sets of bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths in to start and added bath/diapering items in a cute baby basket that could be used on the dresser or in the bath. I even added a few little fun things. I shrink wrapped it with a basket bag from Dollar Tree and a hair dryer. For the trim, I made three sock roses.

HTH

Last edited by cocosmom; 05-05-2014 at 07:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocosmom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!jbikar has posted more than 200 great deals!
OMG I knew I was asking in the right place. You guys, these are all brilliant ideas. Thank you so much.

I love the cake idea!! Unique and fun.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wipes are on sale at Kroger.
Generic mylicon drops can be part of the CVS or WAGS brand discount deals.

Diaper coupons long-dated are always vital...
!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wipes are on sale at Kroger.
Generic mylicon drops can be part of the CVS or WAGS brand discount deals.

Diaper coupons long-dated are always vital...
!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2014, 06:59 AM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
2 of my neighbors just had babies. They didn't have a shower so I just gave them each a board book that my girls likes when they were young and reminded them that both my girls are certified babysitters.

My other neighbor is pregnant and had a shower. I am very frugal so I used a bag and tissue paper I already had. Bought a board book that was my daughter's favorite, tub of huggies wipes, and the rings that you can link to hang from the car seat to play with. Nice but very frugal. Some of the ladies at the shower went all out but my gift cost right around $10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2014, 03:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
I fell in love with the diaper cakes on youtube. I will be spending next weekend putting one together. Thank you so much guys for all the wonderful ideas.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
For the little decorations I used the tiny beanie babies from McDonald's Happy Meals (they had them at that time.) I also checked the thrift stores as sometimes they have brand new never used baby items. Check the leftover Easter stuff - there may be little stuffed bunnies or lambs for next to nothing. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to cocosmom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 03:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Talking Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosmom View Post
For my daughter I made a diaper cake - three layers - huge, med, and small. It took a huge box of Pampers. I used size 2 so she could look at it a bit. The layers were on a circle board (I didn't cover it but some cover it with a receiving blanket). I rolled each diaper individually and secured with a rubberband. I then had a gigantic rubber band and inside I placed the diapers standing up until the layer was as big as the circle board (you can use a plastic veggie tray from the supermarket if you have one.) I repeated for the top layer. Around each layer I wrapped either blue (first baby) or pink (second baby) ribbon. In the layers, around the layers, attached to the layers were little items I knew she would need - baby lotion, shampoo, powder, travel wipes, thermometer, qtips, pacifier, socks, teether, etc. Even a stuffed animal. The middle layer was a blanket rolled into a layer shape held by a large rubberband and trimmed with the ribbon. On the top was a stuffed animal. There is no right or wrong - just have fun. So it was animal, diapers, blanket, diapers. For the girl, I used tulle as well as the ribbon on the outside.

I also made her a bouquet for her shower. I took onesies, a lightweight receiving blanket, and tiny socks and made "flowers" from them. I attached them to a wire and wrapped them with green floral tape and put into a bouquet with tulle and ribbon.

Check youtube for ideas.
Amazing ideas!!! How artistic and crafty!!! I need to find my creative side!!!
I need to get together some items for a baby shower i missed. I have quite a stockpile and cant believe i have nothing for a baby shower gift!!! Well, i use to. I hit every diaper deal at cvs for about 6 months for my sister who had her first baby. Then, i got a bunch of stuff from her to send to my hubbys daughter who had a baby about 2 months ago too. They both had girls so that was convenient. I guess i need to raid her baby stuff again on mothers day! My friend is having a girl too.
My learning lesson is to always have unisex baby stuff in my stockpile so i dont have to stress out the next time i need a baby shower gift. I refuse to pay full price for baby stuff. Its soooo expensive!!! I will be hunting for deals too. Her baby is due in August. They had the shower quite early so i still have time to get her a baby shower gift.
Thank you OP for starting this thread!!! I needed the ideas too!
The Following User Says Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
All these ideas are awesome.We always make baskets for weddings full of little things that seem to be over looked.I haven't been to a baby shower in years.But thinking about it I think I would add something special for the mom and dad to be along with the baby items. Mom could be the usual but for dad maybe a small tool set for putting together new baby furniture.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:19 PM

triciajsnider has posted more than 50 good deals
I love the ideas for the diaper cakes too! I made one for my daughter baby shower my grand daughter is almost 3 now and potty trained but the diaper cake is still atop her dresser! It was so beautiful my daughter couldn't bear taking it apart! My one special thing I added was the very top, I put the tiara that my daughter wore to her prom as the adornment with a little note tucked in that the tiara was (granddaughter a mommy, my daughters from prom and I'd hope she'd wear it to her prom !) it was such a lovely little token but it started a tradition in our family!

Posted for you all to see hope it helps a little, hugs from me!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:43 PM

loves to crochet
nana to Karson & Kaiden

My Mood/Status:
vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickisCudd...how_panel=true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 PM

Coupon Cutie

My Mood/Status:
slaasrs has posted more than 50 good deals
There's all kinds of coupons floating around for 50 cents off Pampers Wipes, the smallest eligible package is roughly $1.75-2.50 at Target. I stock up on these every time they're on sale/with a coupon. It's a great gift to put with a stuffed toy or blanket. It's a necessary add on every time I put together a baby gift.
The Following User Says Thank You to slaasrs For This Useful Post: