How Much Should I Spend On Coupons?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 05:40 AM

RE: How much should I spend on coupons?

Spring, spring, spring!

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyshanae
One thing I do for inserts is go to friendly gas stations and grocery stores who understand that they're not going to make any money off their unsold Sunday papers. They let me have the coupons out of them before they turn them back in to their carrier for a credit. Also, Starbucks' recycling bins on Mondays. Maybe you could try something like this to cut back on your costs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRob
I must say I have not thought about that! But great suggestion!
This is a wonderful idea!

I haven't found a good gas station in my current area but there was a Royal Farms that opened where I used to live. I asked the manager a day or two after they opened, she says she would ask the paper guy but never did. About two weeks later I happened to be there at the same time as the paper guy. He said I could have the inserts out of any paper that was still there on Monday morning if I beat him in. The only rule was it had to be Monday. The store wasn't friendly about it but couldn't say anything since they got their credit. I made sure to be there way before him on Mondays. Some days I would arrive to find none, other days as many as 12. It was wonderful! I only bought papers if I got there and there were none. In that case I went another 10 miles toward work and bought at a Wawa that sold Sunday papers until Tuesdays. If you can find a gas station or delivery person it is awesome!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and wife to C, the most caring man in the world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Positive Thoughts

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilhedgehog has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If theirs only 1 or 2 coupons I want I order em from a clipping site, if its a good week than I will buy like 5-10 papers papers here r 1.75 so for coupon makes more since just paying for 10-20 of that coup on a clipping site than a bunch of imserts or papets
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

evonna_21 has posted more than 25 good deals
Thank you for the advice but unfortunately my area isn't to coupon friend. The starbucks in my area donate their coupons to a organization and the gas stations give them back to the newspaper which I then buy from the newspaper. I went to the gas station to try and get the coupons before they sent them back and the guy had to nerve to try to get me to pay full price for the paper. No thanks I told him. .