Is It A Better To Buy Coupon Inserts In Bulk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bbbunnyboo92 has posted more than 25 good deals
Question Is it a better to buy coupon inserts in bulk

I've been thinking about buying coupon inserts in bulk, but is it cheaper to buy a bunch of the newspaper or buy the inserts in bulk?

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbbunnyboo92 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM

RE: Is it a better to buy coupon inserts in bulk

Is trying not to lose her mind or her coupons.

My Mood/Status:
Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Pink Bismuth has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
If you need a large amount of inserts then you should definitely buy the inserts themselves in bulk because the newspapers are typically much more expensive. As far as I'm concerned the newspapers are just expensive wrappers for the inserts, why pay for the extra packaging when you could buy in bulk? However, I don't personally buy bulk inserts because I don't require large amounts of coupons and don't have the overall budget to buy in bulk. Personally I've found I can get the coupons I need by buying 2 newspapers a week and buying or trading for the individual clipped coupons I need if I need extra or bulk numbers of any one coupon. I think it just depends on the quality of the inserts themselves and how many coupons you personally need as to which would be better.

Last edited by Pink Bismuth; 09-14-2012 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pink Bismuth For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thank you so much! I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons about each. The only thing about newspapers that suck for me is that they cost about 3 bucks a piece. So I might just buy the insert in bulk, but i'm going to think about it a little longer
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 PM

couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbunnyboo92 View Post
Thank you so much! I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons about each. The only thing about newspapers that suck for me is that they cost about 3 bucks a piece. So I might just buy the insert in bulk, but i'm going to think about it a little longer
Do you have a Dollar Tree in your area ?? Dollar Tree sells the Sunday paper for only $1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to couponika For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Really? I have one a few blocks away from me. I never even knew they sold the newspaper. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbbunnyboo92 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 PM

couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!couponika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Menards also has the Sunday paper for $1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to couponika For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Was that a bird or a mosquito?
Join the Welcome Wagon!

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree, it depends on the price of your paper. I can get an early edition on Saturday for $1, so for me, it is easier. Some weeks I only want/need two sets and other weeks, when there are awesome coupons I know I will use, I buy ten or more.
and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon Team!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 01:31 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks everyone I'll have to to dollar tree and see if they got the newspaper. My friend is a manger at one of the gas stations here and he said he is going to save all the left over newspapers for me. So hopefully he wont forget
Old 09-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If you can get newspapers from your friend you are lucky. I find it best for me to just buy the extra coupons I need for certain products rather than whole inserts but I'm pretty well stocked so I'm buying less than I used to.
No early newspaper sales and our Dollar tree doesn't carry papers. At a cost of $3 all I get is one paper and unused coupons from one neighbor but with all the tearpads, blinkies and IP's it seems to be enough for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!flower_mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Some Dollar Tree stores don't sell papers. Many of them have limits on how many papers you can buy, too (To make it fair for everyone involved). Often Walgreens sells papers for $1.50 on Sunday also. Not as cheap as $1 at Dollar Tree, but it is better than $3.

You could check into getting a subscription to your local paper. Often you can get Sunday only delivery and cheaper than you can buy elsewhere. You can put it on hold when you are out of town (or they don't have coupons that week ). Also, the biggest plus is that you are guaranteed inserts. If you purchase at other stores, they don't guarantee anything is in there.

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!
I looked into just buying the inserts once and it was cheaper for me to just buy the papers, at $2 a paper, after they figured in shipping.

Itight ne cheaper if you get a lot of them, but not just a few.

Ignore typos and weirdly placed periods, my phone hates me.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dollar tree is the best place to get papers.At my store you have to be there when they open or they are gone.Nobody here wants to pay 2.00 for a paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM

mbaclaire
Question Where or how can you buy inserts in bulk?

Where or how can you buy inserts in bulk?