How And Where Do You Guys Find These Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
eddie

My Mood/Status:
deboe696989 has posted more than 100 good deals!deboe696989 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Help Sign how and where do you guys find these deals

was looking at pics on here of stockpiles and i dont get it. im looking around and cant see anything that could be pennies on the dollar or FREE! am i looking in the wrong places?? thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 PM

RE: how and where do you guys find these deals

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What stores do you shop at? Usually we can find cheap items by staking coupons or a really hot coupon comes out and a deal in the ad makes it cheap.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 PM

tybirdtybird has posted more than 100 good deals!tybirdtybird has posted more than 100 good deals!
Aquafresh toothpaste has coupon for $1 off any so I use it for trail size make it free. I order 30 coupons I'm stock up. After Xmas I seen solo cups make down to .62 I had .75 coupon . P&G came out in dec with $3 coupon for fixodent cleaner Walgreen had them on sale for $3.99. Check compmany website alot of coupons like aquafresh . In my stock pile some of the things I didn't have a coupon for. I needed to get stock up before we get alot of snow if we do. Last year I got snowed in.

Useing coupons and stocking up you some alot of money and gas.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 PM

eddie

My Mood/Status:
deboe696989 has posted more than 100 good deals!deboe696989 has posted more than 100 good deals!
i shop at giant eagle..but wanna start at walgreens and cvs, rite-aid
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jadasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboe696989 View Post
i shop at giant eagle..but wanna start at walgreens and cvs, rite-aid
I would pick one of these 3 to start. CVS was the easiest. Check out the CVS forum and check out the CVS shopping trips. We have some awesome shoppers that can stack coupons, ECB's (Extra Care Bucks) and CVS coupons to get great deals.

Click here to see missdanalu's purchase on 12/4. She's my hero.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM

eddie

My Mood/Status:
wow, thats something. what is the gift cards there talking about?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!saraax has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
This place is a GODsend. Just keep checking here, join a train or two if you can. I started in August, didnt even know what a stockpile WAS. Last week I was able to stock up on shampoo and conditioners, I have at least 10 bottles of each, didn't pay more than .09 for any of them, and half were moneyMAKERS.

At first it seems daunting. Then you find a deal on something for half what you'd pay. You feel so happy to be saving Anything you get it, come to find out the price you paid is twice the amount that you should have by AFC standards!

So you learn from that, just keep at it! I didnt think I'd catch free deals ever but I am now a believer! And there is no going back...that would be like ripping a hole in your pocket for money to fall out of!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM

tybirdtybird has posted more than 100 good deals!tybirdtybird has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraax
This place is a GODsend. Just keep checking here, join a train or two if you can. I started in August, didnt even know what a stockpile WAS. Last week I was able to stock up on shampoo and conditioners, I have at least 10 bottles of each, didn't pay more than .09 for any of them, and half were moneyMAKERS.

At first it seems daunting. Then you find a deal on something for half what you'd pay. You feel so happy to be saving Anything you get it, come to find out the price you paid is twice the amount that you should have by AFC standards!

So you learn from that, just keep at it! I didnt think I'd catch free deals ever but I am now a believer! And there is no going back...that would be like ripping a hole in your pocket for money to fall out of!
You said join a train or two. What is train ?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybirdtybird

I just started back in dec . The biggest saving was 52 %.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree to start at CVS. I'd start looking at next week's deals so you can prepare. The gift card deal is if you buy $30 (pre-coupons) in certain products, you get a $10 GC back.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybirdtybird View Post
Trains are fun. You can read about the different trains here. The For Sale or Trade Guidelines & Rules are here. How to make a wishlist is here. I would suggest to start with one train. You can do more than one after you are comfortable with how they work.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadasmom

Trains are fun. You can read about the different trains here. The For Sale or Trade Guidelines & Rules are here. How to make a wishlist is here. I would suggest to start with one train. You can do more than one after you are comfortable with how they work.

Hope that helps.
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to tybirdtybird For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wizard2010 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I normally find a GREAT deal just every so often. Like when Lowes Foods had the Planters Peanut Butter for 1.50. They double coupons up to .99, so the .75 coupon made for free PB. I bought around 40 jars. I just stock up big time on items that we will use. Then I don't have to buy that item again for along time. Just start slow and it will gradually come together.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard2010
I normally find a GREAT deal just every so often. Like when Lowes Foods had the Planters Peanut Butter for 1.50. They double coupons up to .99, so the .75 coupon made for free PB. I bought around 40 jars. I just stock up big time on items that we will use. Then I don't have to buy that item again for along time. Just start slow and it will gradually come together.
Like me I stock up on things we use. Like fixodent $3 coupon Walgreen had it on sale for $3.99 I have about 15 . Like today I saw axe shampoo marked down to $1.22 took all four of them. Boost drinks reg price $7.98 marked down to $5.26 had $3 coupon picked up 6 for $2.26 each. Just think how much gas you use going to the store.

They should put gas compmany in jail for ripping us off.
The Following User Says Thank You to tybirdtybird For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 06:04 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Make two Top Ten lists: one for food and one for non-food: of the things your family uses on a regular basis (every day or close to it). Start shopping the ads for those particular items and when they hit a REALLY great sale, stock up. After you start to establish a stockpile, your weekly shopping budget will decrease dramatically.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM

What I do every Sunday I cut my coupons out then go throw the sale adds . In my blinder in the back I have baseball card holder label each store I go to. Then I put my coupons I'm going to use in there. That way I don't have to look for them in the store I think make it so much easier.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
It takes time to build it up. Just be careful not to overload on a good deal in the beginning. It may not be as good of a deal as you thought. Meaning, I stocked up on something that I thought was a good deal. Bought several months worth. About a month or so later, there was a deal with sales/coupons/extra care bucks/etc that came up and I got more for free. If I had not piled up so much in the beginning, I'd have saved some. But you never know. So just keep reading and you will learn a lot and gradually build up your stockpile.

the free stuff isn't as often as it seems either.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
It also takes time to build up your coupons. Oh, and watch for the little coupon machines in the stores. They call them blinkies. I guess they used to blink?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Walgreen put out there coupon book . If you take sleeping pills Walgreen has coupon for $5 off of sleepmd in the book.