PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Walgreens RR at Harris Teeter?

DawnG
05-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I have a lot of the RR left from the P&G Deals. I was wondering if I can use them at Harris Teeter? I know they take competitor coupons but will they take this? TIA

kristac
05-11-2008, 12:00 PM
they have allowed me to use them in the past.

LyndaSLP
05-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I have had no problems using the WG RR at HT. In fact, I used (2) $10 RR yesterday to buy (2) $10 HT GC :thumbsup:

SoccerMama
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Are you all serious??????????

I can't believe HT does this?

That's crazy. HT is amazing!

Lynda1811
05-11-2008, 12:33 PM
We have a Walgreens coming to a neighboring town, so I have never shopped there.
But what is a 'RR'? I hoping to learn a little about Walgreens before they open.

Thank You,
Lynda

LyndaSLP
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
We have a Walgreens coming to a neighboring town, so I have never shopped there.
But what is a 'RR'? I hoping to learn a little about Walgreens before they open.

Thank You,
Lynda

RR = Register Rewards

Grocery stores call them "catalinas"

They are the ticker tape coupons that print out at the register. WG's RR usually are $$ off your next purchase.

PS: Great name! hello

LACECOUPONS
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks lady for the news about using the q at ht

mjloves2shop
05-11-2008, 03:03 PM
RR are MFR coupons ~ it says so right on the top. Just because WG is printing them out they want free advertising. But you can use them anywhere that accepts mfr coupons and they WILL get reimbursed.

I use them at Publix all the time. I usually see a manager at some point during my visit and I will ask him and point out the MFR coupon part. They always say yes and I just note the name so when I get to the register I can say "I checked with John and he approved it."

DawnG
05-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks everybody!!

kristac
05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I have had no problems using the WG RR at HT. In fact, I used (2) $10 RR yesterday to buy (2) $10 HT GC :thumbsup:

Did they allow you to use 2 RR in 1 transaction or did you have to do 2 transactions? I've only ever had 1 RR at a time but if they allow you to cash them all in at once for gift cards I may do this before triples. Then I won't have to worry about getting my totals so precise at triples. :wahoo:

LyndaSLP
05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Did they allow you to use 2 RR in 1 transaction or did you have to do 2 transactions? I've only ever had 1 RR at a time but if they allow you to cash them all in at once for gift cards I may do this before triples. Then I won't have to worry about getting my totals so precise at triples. :wahoo:

I used (2) RR in one transaction to buy the (2) HT GC. I bought the GC to use during triples so I didn't have to worry about having cash on me (b/c who wants to charge when your transaction total is under $1?)

That said, I would not walk in there and use 10 RR in one transaction. Be low key about it.

I also had no problems using the RR at WG to buy a GC. I bought a $10 Border's GC and paid with (1) RR. No questions asked. No funny looks given. No pause in the transaction at all.

mabagnoli
05-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Boy! You ladies are clever!

hplymarried
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
OK, I did 4 $10.00 RR's in one transaction. I bought my Mom a $25.00 GC for Mom's day, and the rest was dinner. They ended up paying me $3.11. :omg3: I probably WOULD NOT do that again. I didn't mean to go into the negative and I offered to buy something else, but the manager was so sweet and said no. It was really kinda funny, but I'd hate to do it too much and them stop taking them. Now that I think about it, maybe me using 4 was 2 much. I tend to be a little paranoid. My stores are GREAT and I want them to stay that way!

Kelly

Jennrn
05-11-2008, 06:41 PM
OK, can you use say two RR in one transaction at HT?

NCmom
05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
OK, I did 4 $10.00 RR's in one transaction. I bought my Mom a $25.00 GC for Mom's day, and the rest was dinner. They ended up paying me $3.11. :omg3: I probably WOULD NOT do that again. I didn't mean to go into the negative and I offered to buy something else, but the manager was so sweet and said no. It was really kinda funny, but I'd hate to do it too much and them stop taking them. Now that I think about it, maybe me using 4 was 2 much. I tend to be a little paranoid. My stores are GREAT and I want them to stay that way!

Kelly

Kelly: I think you might be in Wilmington, I have a new hatred of Walgreens and $26 in RR to burn! Which HT did you go to? Thanks!

hplymarried
05-12-2008, 07:11 AM
The one at Long Leaf Mall. I'm in LOVE with Walgreens, but they can be kinda tricky and you really have to watch which cashiers you get. The one closest to me I don't like MOST of the people there. One cashier always asks if she can keep my RR's!

JumbleJoe
05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
OK, can you use say two RR in one transaction at HT?

I did. I had no problems. Make sure you don't go negative. I'd hate for HT to stop taking WG RR, KWIM?

eaturpasta
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Again...I was turned down. They said no way...ugh!

LyndaSLP
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Again...I was turned down. They said no way...ugh!

Come on over to my store! Try Lawndale if you are on this side of town!!

kristac
05-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I was able to use 3 today to buy (3) $10 gift cards. I was purchasing other things as well. No one batted an eye even though my total was 4.xx

I still have $29 RR to convert but I didn't want to push my luck.

DawnG
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I used two $10 RR today, I got some meats with them and some groceries with other coupons and paid $2.52 :) I wanted to get a gift card but didn't want to push it either. I plan to return tomorrow and try to get one for triples..

mrsfloyd
05-12-2008, 11:08 PM
So, do you just walk up w/ a gift card and a $10 RR and pay nothing? I would love a gift card or 2 for triples and I have over $90 in RR......

mysterylover
05-13-2008, 03:20 AM
So, do you just walk up w/ a gift card and a $10 RR and pay nothing? I would love a gift card or 2 for triples and I have over $90 in RR......

Girl we are so going to add this in with our pasta sauce! I will try it. You know I will!

LyndaSLP
05-13-2008, 06:37 AM

That is what I did.

I picked up (2) $10 GC and gave the cashier (2) $10 RR and paid ZERO. :thumbsup: