PDA

View Full Version : I love Buy 1, Get 2 free chicken esp when...

LyndaSLP
03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I find $2/1 any chicken wine tags! :wahoo: :wahoo:

After sale price, each package of chicken was under 0.50 :wahoo:

Moggy
03-29-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised they let you use the q's on the free bags. That's a great deal!

Kristina Hughes
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
My store lets you use a q on the free items, depending on the cashier. Now I gotta go find those winetags!

ride_on
03-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Is this a "Must buy 3", or can your get just one? ( I found $1 WT's last week...)

bette
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
You can buy just one. I think they rang up like $3.59 each or something. I'd have to find my receipt.

tinkadink
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
WOW congrats! Would you share what the wine tags were on?

LyndaSLP
03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
The 'winetags' were on StPaulyGirl beer -- it was actually a tearpad on the beer display. Exp 3/31/2010

LyndaSLP
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Is this a "Must buy 3", or can your get just one? ( I found $1 WT's last week...)

I *think* you can buy just one -- and it will ring up 1/3 of the price.

ride_on
03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I found $1 chicken WT's in the HT wine section - I grabbed a few of those, there were tons of bottles with them - I actually hit the WT jackpot last Wednesday - I never find WT's, but in one day got $1 chicken, $2 turkey, $2 ham, $2 organic produce, a $2 seafood MIR, $1 seafood, $1 deli tray, and some butterball Q's. Saw others also (oil and vinegar, salad dressing...)

I've been going back to that HT daily but no more new ones yet... perhaps I need to go on Wednesdays (I never go then unless its Triples/SD).

Moggy
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I found $1 chicken WT's in the HT wine section - I grabbed a few of those, there were tons of bottles with them - I actually hit the WT jackpot last Wednesday - I never find WT's, but in one day got $1 chicken, $2 turkey, $2 ham, $2 organic produce, a $2 seafood MIR, $1 seafood, $1 deli tray, and some butterball Q's. Saw others also (oil and vinegar, salad dressing...)

I've been going back to that HT daily but no more new ones yet... perhaps I need to go on Wednesdays (I never go then unless its Triples/SD).

Wow, you got some great ones! Produce and Seafood! Nice

I got $3.00 off any ham ones. I've been using them on the packages of sliced country ham and getting them for pennies a package! :) I got $2.00 chicken ones but they were for Rotisserie Chicken.

ride_on
03-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Almost forgot - also found a MIR for $5/$5.05 deli tray.....now I need to figure out how to get a very cheap deli tray! (I don't really need a tray, but if I can find a small one it might be worth it between MIR and Q).

haynedm
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow, I gotta pay attention. It's only rare that I'm in the wine section and never around the beer section but it's worth visiting if all these WTs are available!

Bandksmom
03-30-2010, 09:25 AM
What I thought was interesting with the chicken is that they rang up full price then took off 2/3 of the price. I know for b1g1 they ring up 1/2 price but usually when its b1 g2 or b2 get 3 they ring up full price and then the others free.

thelucaszoo
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I have only found 1 WT in my entire life and it was at BJ's. Someone must get to HT earlier than we do :)

cajun-lorelei
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I was so excited to find many of the same wine tags listed above, but my best were the $1.00 off any Palermos pizza (sp?) & $1.00 off any cheese! I stocked up on both, but now we have no room left since the fridge in the garage is on the frizz. The deep freeze in the basement is back to only closing w/ that box of bricks...LMAO! I'm considering going out & buying a new fridge/freezer for my daughter & SIL, just so I can get more bargains! I know none of you think I'm weird for thinking about doing that, right? :)

cajun-lorelei
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Forgot to add that I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE B1G2F chicken breasts!!! Maybe we should start a thread on how everyone's cooking them? :)

LyndaSLP
04-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Forgot to add that I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE B1G2F chicken breasts!!! Maybe we should start a thread on how everyone's cooking them? :)

Go for it!!

dollarwise
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM

We cooked chic breasts tonight! My fav cooking method is to slice them so they're about 1 inch thick...season with favorite herb of the day...wrap each fillet with a bacon strip and sizzle on a "george forman-type" grill. It's super quick and there are usually no leftovers but if I hide one away for my lunch, it's even better the next day in a sandwich.

cajun-lorelei
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh Liz, those sound delicious! I had to skip the chicken breasts this time since I didn't have an ice chest w/ me on the plane & we had to drive 2 hours back to the mountains from Charlotte. But I DID look at them & think how cheap they'd be w/ those winetags...lol!