PDA

View Full Version : Morehead City, NC has had super doubles

Louisejj
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
For 3 weeks now!! I have run out of coupons and money:eek2:

hplymarried
03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Very jealous! I'd go but your 2 hours away from me.

TJ_2008
03-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Wow lucky you!!!!! That's awesome! :)

dianiagay
03-11-2010, 05:27 AM
I've got many great deals! Going again this afternoon for another trip. Enjoying stocking everything up before baby gets here.

Louisejj
03-11-2010, 07:03 AM
I might see you there!! Have you gotten the bar Johnson baby soap? I got it free with the $1.00 off coupon. My nephew in WV is having a baby boy and they are both unemployed so I have gotten lots of items for them using coupons and will be taking it to them Easter.

madtazzy
03-11-2010, 07:08 AM
wow so cool have a safe trip

Beautyandthesoldier
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I just looked it up on the map to see how far away it was....almost three hours so definately not worth the trip lol. I am wanting to go to the 2 story one in Raliegh on the next sd or triple event just for kicks!

shopinmom3
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
OMG!!!! Are you serious?? I have been off the HT trips for the last few weeks (basically cause I'm just tired)...I was clueless!!! I'm only 20 minutes from the store so I usually only go once a week. GADS!!

So, you're saying they're on super doubles again this week??

Tangi1
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
enjoy it while you can, have fun!

Louisejj
03-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Yes super doubles again this week. I was clueless last week until I checked out and my 1.50 coupon doubled and I asked. This week I got the paper to see the add first and it was super doubles again. Free items I have gotten so far Glass Plus 100 calorie Cheese Cheap Grand chips Hormel Chilli.

Moggy
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I just looked it up on the map to see how far away it was....almost three hours so definately not worth the trip lol. I am wanting to go to the 2 story one in Raliegh on the next sd or triple event just for kicks!

If I was you, I'd go on a regular week. That's a nice store but its very cramped and on a regular weekday even. Its hard to get around without bumping into people. Plus there is a always a line to check out and a wait to take the elevator up and down to get to the second floor to shop.

I did one trip there during SD's this last time, but that was only because I had grand opening q's too - one for a freebie and one for $10.00 off my total order. The q's made it worth it, I guess.

Beautyandthesoldier
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
If I was you, I'd go on a regular week. That's a nice store but its very cramped and on a regular weekday even. Its hard to get around without bumping into people. Plus there is a always a line to check out and a wait to take the elevator up and down to get to the second floor to shop.

I did one trip there during SD's this last time, but that was only because I had grand opening q's too - one for a freebie and one for $10.00 off my total order. The q's made it worth it, I guess.

I was hoping it would be a larger store with more items in stock since it spanned two floors but if its cramped it may not be worth the drive. It takes me an hour and a half to get to Raliegh. I was planning on going when I dropped my mom off at the airport last SD but I was so tired from not enough sleep I decided to pass and wait til the next one.

girlygirljess05
03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh how I miss living in Morehead :( Raleigh is so boring! Beach and constant triples or super doubles... what else could a gal want!

Kvawter
03-16-2010, 09:12 AM
I didn't know they were doing it either until I went like 2 weeks ago unprepared! They lady at the register told me they were going to be doing it for at least 4 weeks. If you have the coupons for 1.50 off Sure deoderant it makes them free. Also, if you print the $1.00 Renu contact solution coupon it works on the travel size ones that are 1.99. We went out of town for the weekend so I haven't gone yet this week and it is killing me!

dianiagay
03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Today is the last day!!! they start tripling tomorrow again.

Kvawter
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Today is the last day!!! they start tripling tomorrow again.

Guess I will have to make sure to get there tonight then!

Kvawter
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I did get there tonight and spent somewhere around $5 and saved over $50! I asked the cashier about next week and she told me she wasn't allowed to say. Every week I am so nervous they are going to stop tripling! I have saved so much $$$ the past few months!

girlygirljess05
03-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I did get there tonight and spent somewhere around $5 and saved over $50! I asked the cashier about next week and she told me she wasn't allowed to say. Every week I am so nervous they are going to stop tripling! I have saved so much $$$ the past few months!

They originally said it could possibly be permanent but should atleast last till sometime this summer. I hope so. I'm going to visit family in a couple weeks and plan on stocking up then.

Kvawter
04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing triples? I was out of town last week for Easter and haven't been able to get there in about 2 weeks. I just want to make sure before I make the 20 minute drive over there! Thanks!

Louisejj
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes they still are!!

Kvawter
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes they still are!!

Thanks so much! Guess I will have to plan a trip this week especially with the Pampers deal!

Louisejj
04-14-2010, 06:00 AM
They moved the triple truck today Wed the 14th!! So I am guessing it is back to normal. :(

girlygirljess05
04-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Nope not back to normal, just not triples. I live in Raleigh but used to live in Newport. I'm visiting today and went to HT this morning. I was super excited for triples, but they were doing super doubles! But I got a lot of good stuff with super doubles, so not too disappointed. With the $1.50 qs for diapers, that's $3 off, so you can get pampers and huggies for $3.

Louisejj
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
That is great!! I will be planning my trip for this afternoon!!

Kvawter
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I panicked this morning when I got there and didn't see the truck but was so happy when I went inside and saw the ad for super doubles. I was there by 9:00 and got the last 3 packs of Pampers size 3. I also got 3 packs of the Kraft 100 calorie cheese packs for free. I had $1.00 off coupons and and they were running a promotion for $3 off instantly when you buy any 3 Kraft products. I told the cashier they need to stop switching it up me! I was prepared for triples this week not super doubles! I am not complaining though because I have saved so much money there over the past few months!

girlygirljess05
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I panicked this morning when I got there and didn't see the truck but was so happy when I went inside and saw the ad for super doubles. I was there by 9:00 and got the last 3 packs of Pampers size 3. I also got 3 packs of the Kraft 100 calorie cheese packs for free. I had $1.00 off coupons and and they were running a promotion for $3 off instantly when you buy any 3 Kraft products. I told the cashier they need to stop switching it up me! I was prepared for triples this week not super doubles! I am not complaining though because I have saved so much money there over the past few months!

I was there at 9am today too, and you missed one pack of pampers, because I grabbed the last pack of size 3, lol. A few good deals I found today were Hartz dog treats were .15, Dove shampoo is clearance use $2.50 off 2 and get them .25 ea., Windex .50, airwick aqua spray .50 ea, except first one will take an additional $1 off, so free, and halls cough drops free. I also got herbal essence free but that was with a raincheck.

Kvawter
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I was panicked when I get there because I felt unprepared! I probably wandered around for an hour or so just checking prices! I saw they had some of the Pampers cruisers in size 3 but I haven't used those before but for $3 a pack I guess it would be worth the experiment! My daughter is 2 and a half and still wears a size 3 so it doesn't take much to fill them up! Pampers are the only brand I have found that doesn't leak. I wonder if/when they restock. I still have a few more 1.50 coupons but I don't want to clear the shelves and be greedy!

I saw that they Hartz dog treats were on sale. I bought a box at KMart during doubles last week but my picky dog won't eat them! Picky little puppy!

Was the Dove shampoo somewhere different? I took a quick look at the clearance shelf but didn't see too much.

girlygirljess05
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
The dove was with the regular dove shampoo, just had clearance tags on them. I havn't tried the pampers cruiser either, I have been getting the regular packs. But I am just stockpiling right now. Tried a pampers size 3 I got in the mail the other day on my little guy and it swallowed him, lol, but he's only 9 months. Oh and my dog is picky too, went and got some of the free milkbones at petsmart and he won't eat them. Doubt he'll eat the hartz, but my friend's dog eats any kind of treat.

Kvawter
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I may have to go back this week and look for the Dove then! I know what you mean about the Pampers sizes. I tried to move my daugther up to a 4 and they swallowed her whole. I had bought a whole pack though so I used them all. She actually wet through more diapers because they were too big and didn't absorb everything. I really wish she would potty train so I don't have to keep buying them but she just doesn't seem interested in using the potty yet! I am also glad I am not the only one with a picky dog! She won't eat any dog treats I buy but as I sat down to type this I looked over and she was chewing on a crayon.....ughhh! I don't know who is worse...the toddler or the puppy!

selenasmith
04-16-2010, 06:16 AM
I was there over Easter break for a couple days and just happened to pass by the store on the way to the beach and see the sign. I am two hours away but was there for vacation. I asked a store clerk about the super doubles, and she said they do it everyday since they opened almost a year ago!!!!

selenasmith
04-16-2010, 06:16 AM
Oops! I meant triples.

girlygirljess05
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I was there over Easter break for a couple days and just happened to pass by the store on the way to the beach and see the sign. I am two hours away but was there for vacation. I asked a store clerk about the super doubles, and she said they do it everyday since they opened almost a year ago!!!!

The cashier you asked must not have worked there since they opened. They've not always done triples, but have been doing them for atleast 6 months, I guess when they saw business wasn't where they wanted it to be.

Louisejj
04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Where is the clearance shelf located? Sometimes I see buggies for clearnace, but have not seen them in a while?

girlygirljess05
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Clearance is normally right around the first aid stuff, right across from the redbox. But the other day they had moved it right by the self checkout.

Kvawter
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Does anybody know what they will be doing next week? I have tried asking but nobody will ever crack and tell me! They were out of the size 3 regular pampers yesterday so I may try to get a rain check and get a few more coupons before the end of the month.

Louisejj
04-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Found the clearance! Nothing to interesting on Sunday. From past experiences, when they do super doubles when no one else does, the following week is super doubles when all chains participate. No sure if that is what is going on this time, but maybe. I seem to like triples better than super doubles. It is nice someitmes. Last time this store had super doubles 3 weeks in a row.

Kvawter
04-21-2010, 03:36 AM
has anybody been yet today or seen the ad to see what they are doing this week? I don't get the paper and it never says in the email ad! Thanks!

Louisejj
04-21-2010, 04:47 AM
I just called and they are Super Doubles again!

Kvawter
04-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Thanks so much! Guess I will have to pull out all my coupons now and make a list!

Louisejj
05-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Was looking forward to maybe triples again, just called and they are Super Doubles this week!!

Kvawter
05-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Was looking forward to maybe triples again, just called and they are Super Doubles this week!!

Thanks for the heads up! I was actually just about to call and check. I guess I really will have to get myself organized this time!

Louisejj
05-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I had gotten the coupon blinkie for the Oscar Myer last week for 1 off 2, but now cant find it! Hope they still have some!

Kvawter
05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
I had gotten the coupon blinkie for the Oscar Myer last week for 1 off 2, but now cant find it! Hope they still have some!

Did you find it at HT? I found some at the commissary on base last week that were manufacturer's coupons but I think I might use that .75 off ones from the paper if they aren't expired yet. I went to Food Lion the other day because that is where I normally get most of my blinkies and I did not see any blinkies!!

Louisejj
05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Yes found them at HT right between the bacon and the bologna. Have not had time to search any more good deals yet. Going to stop after work. I still have not gone thru the coupons from this past Sunday.

Kvawter
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Has anyone been this week and found good deals? It has been a crazy week for me so I haven't made it there yet this week since it is about 15 miles away for me. Maybe I can get there sometime tomorrow!

Louisejj
05-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I found the Vitamin water free with the 1.00 mfc, Nestle Chocolate single milk free with coupon. I wanted the 4 pack but they have been sold out since i was there wed afternoon. I noticed much of what i wanted to be gone already. Good luck!

Kvawter
05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I found the Vitamin water free with the 1.00 mfc, Nestle Chocolate single milk free with coupon. I wanted the 4 pack but they have been sold out since i was there wed afternoon. I noticed much of what i wanted to be gone already. Good luck!

Thanks for some deal ideas! I will have to look for those coupons tonight. I am surprised they ran out of that stuff. They usually have a pretty decent stock. I went to the New Bern HT during triples the other week and they were completely wiped out of stuff! I think I will stick to Morehead City from now on.

Louisejj
05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I find certain items disappear some dont seems the things I need are wiped out. I checked everyday last week and never did get any scott wipes. They have plenty of vitamin water. I also got the capri sun for .77 my kids love those. Will let you know if I see anything else.

girlygirljess05
05-12-2010, 01:20 PM
triples this weeK! I'm so glad too, because I ordered a bunch of coffee qs that i was afraid were going to expire before I could use them.

girlygirljess05
05-26-2010, 06:25 AM
NO more SD or triples! Just called this morning and it's just regular doubles :( So depressing!

Louisejj
05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I know!! :(