PDA

View Full Version : Competitor coupons policy change?

jodell443
01-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I am beginning to dread going to HT. They change coupon policies almost daily it seems, and they are so very NOT coupon friendly. So I am careful about what I try to use there. Anyway, I went yesterday hoping to use my Lowe's $2 OYNO catalina. Didn't work, of course. The manager tells me it has to be a home mailer, that's the only type of competitor coupon that they take now. Anybody else hear this new change to the policy?

Moggy
01-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I hadn't heard it, but I never try to use competitor q's at HT. Seems like everyone seems to have issues do ~ so I just decided to avoid the hassles. I wonder what they'd do if I showed up with one of my $20 something Reward q's from Kroger.

kstover0426
01-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I haven't heard this...weird...I used $5 off $50 from kmart last night and they took it with no problem, it was from their calendar (kmarts)

Moxie_15
01-10-2010, 08:11 AM
The only competitors coupons I use are printed (as in, in their ad) ones like $5/$25 and I call beforehand to make sure they'll accept them.

With things like catalinas (OYNOs, Register Rewards from Walgreens (b/c they really are just MQs) is I usually say something like, "Well I was told that if it'll scan you'll take it" because that's what I have been told. If it beeps, take the item off my order. It really just depends on your cashier...

TJ_2008
01-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I ran into problems using "Competitor" coupons as well in the past. I put Competitors into "" since I don't even know anymore who and what they consider as a competition.

Here is a e-mail from HT a got a while back (which sounds to me like... sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... BUT it's not a duck! Confusing):

Thank you for your email. I wanted to let you know that since Family Dollar isn't a grocery store or Pharmacy, even though they may sell some groceries and pharmaceutical supplies, they aren't considered a competitor of Harris Teeter, therefore, we're unable to accept their coupons. Also, the competitor has to be within a 1-2 mile radius of that particular store location.

Thanks for being our customer!

Sincerely,

xxx
Harris Teeter Customer Relations

foodie
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Below are the list of some stores that HT honored for $/$$ coupons for us--

World Market
Kmart

Foodie:smile:

neakerhead
01-12-2010, 07:04 PM
My CSM in Kernersville, told me several months ago they would only accept home mailers or in ad coupons for $ oyno. No more cat.'s :frown:

Bandksmom
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't know the actual corporate policy but from my own experience and reading here it looks like a BIG YMMV. I use WAGS RRs all the time and if a cashier looks at it funny I comment that it is a manufacturers q and will scan and usaully have no trouble. I think there is a new manager or asst. manager at my store because he questioned the RR one time and when I politely explained that it was a manufacturers q he told the cashier to try it and see and of course it scanned fined. Mostly I try to use the cashiers that know me well and usually have no problems.

odonnelllisa
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I have used the Bilo - $10 off $50 and had no problem. A person had to come enter it in but they took it with out any problem. Those coupons are in the Charlotte City Pass. :smile:

dollarwise
01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Logically thinking, it would seem that any retail store should prefer to take competitors cats (which are reimbursed by the manufacturer) over ANY competitor $/$$ Q which will not be reimbursed...but often the cats are refused. With these cats they are snatching business $$ that should rightfully go back to their competitor; and doing so with no additional cost to their bottom line.

Onemom2fourkids
01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
A friend and I were told during super doubles this time that they would take competitor off your order coupons as along as they were homemailers or from their flyers (no IPs or catalinas). We were also told that they would take competitor coupons (again not catalinas or IPS) for $$ off a grocery item. HTH.