PDA

View Full Version : Watch your CVS bag tags!! - Scans as VIC but DND!!

gwms
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
First trip to super doubles was today. None of my coupons were doubling even though they should have. :( Finally determined that it picked up my CVS bag tag (the one that looks like a leaf) instead!! It starts with a "4" just like VIC cards. We finally tracked it down when we realized the # on the receipt and card were different -- looked through my key cards & found the match. The cashier even had my other cards covered with his hand, but they said the scanners have been extra sensitive & picking up cards farther away than before.

I don't know if the number matched someone else's VIC card & they had already used it, or if it wasn't recognized by the system. Either way my HT is great & they did get it fixed, but it still took quite a bit of time.

So, save yourself (& HT) some time and watch where your CVS bag tag is in relation to VIC!

TJ_2008
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Wow, that's nuts. Glad you got it resolved!

dollarwise
01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up. What a discovery! I hope they get that glitch fixed. Almost all of my frequent shopper keytags begin with 4.:confused2::confused2: I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens to me.

I have noticed that either my printer is printing sharper barcodes, or the scanners here are working more efficiently; I hardly ever get beeps unless it's for a reason unrelated to the barcode quality.

hollylaw
01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
The scanners at my HT have been more sensitive than normal lately. It was scanning food before I ever ran it across the bar code reader. At least they got it fixed for you.

mrsfloyd
01-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Very interesting. Maybe I'll scan my VIC card at CVS next time I go and see if I hit the CRT jackpot. LMAO l

Seriously, though, glad you figured out the problem.