PDA

View Full Version : Competitor Coupons List

foodie
12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi,

Just thought I would start a thread for Competitor Coupons from retailers with what the coupon's value is (i.e. how much it is) and the coupon's details. I thought this would help for people who use Competitor Coupons. YMMV in your area. Please provide links if possible (check with Mods).

Please add to the list below--

Foodie:biggrin:

Honey Baked Ham has a $10 coupon on their web site. You have to put in your zip code under the "Promotions..." tab. I used this coupon at HT and Giant for a Competitor Q. See HoneyBaked Ham® - HoneyBaked Ham, Turkey Breast, Pork, BBQ, Desserts (http://www.honeybakedham.com) for link.

karasmithdawson
12-17-2009, 11:05 AM
worked for me today! Hams are also reg $2.99/lb and on sale for $1.49/lb...so I got a 8.17lb spiral honey ham normally $24.34, vic savings $12.17....my cost $12.17-$10.00 coupon=$2.17!!!

bellsandbabies
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
On occasion Family Dollar will have a $5/$25 in their ad. I have used this at HT many times as a competitor coupon.

simba123
12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much, Foodie for starting this thread. I just needed some motivation to get out and make use of the resources available to me to save money. And you (along with Kara & bells&babies) have given me plenty!! Now off to get my ham! :runaway:

KRCollin
12-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I thought competitor's coupons had to be $ off the total order. I didn't know it would work for specific items. May have to go get a ham!

karasmithdawson
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Best way to handle this is go to customer service and ask before you get frustrated! All they can say is no.

lainraf
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
worked for me today! Hams are also reg $2.99/lb and on sale for $1.49/lb...so I got a 8.17lb spiral honey ham normally $24.34, vic savings $12.17....my cost $12.17-$10.00 coupon=$2.17!!!

Thanks. I'm excited. Will the coupon scan without any beeps??

foodie
12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
You will also need probably a manager to overide Competitor Q(s). The overide code they key (managers/"white shirts") is 1867. Tell the cashier after your other coupons have scanned, etc., that you have Competitor Store Q(s). :wink:

World Market has a coupon, check to see if current, you may be able to use.

Foodie:wink:

Moggy
12-18-2009, 06:21 AM
I thought competitor's coupons had to be $ off the total order. I didn't know it would work for specific items. May have to go get a ham!

That's the way I understood it too.

3Tigers4Us
12-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I use the Target coupons for specific items at HT all the time.

bellsandbabies
12-18-2009, 09:17 AM
I do want to add that it is their policy not to take IP competitor coupons and they are only supposed to take coupons that are off the total amount like $5/$20.

piratemom
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi,
My store would not let me use it because it was for a specific item and not a $ amount:( Anyone else have this problem?

foodie
12-20-2009, 05:46 PM
No, my store let me, YMMV. Ask the manager to honor it.

Foodie:smile:

bellsandbabies
12-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Stuck to the front of our Sunday paper was a coupon from Piggly Wiggly for $10 off $50 order! I plan on using that at HT today! :)

bellsandbabies
12-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi,
My store would not let me use it because it was for a specific item and not a $ amount:( Anyone else have this problem?

That is correct, that is their policy:

Competitor’s Coupons

•We gladly accept local competitors’ circular or direct-mail coupons for MONEY OFF THE TOTAL ORDER; we do not take competitor’s coupons for money off specific items.
•We do not accept any internet coupons from other retailers.

So, they were right in not accepting the coupon. The OP was lucky to have a store that would accept it, however it is not their policy to do that.

simba123
12-21-2009, 06:16 AM
My store in Greenville would not let me use it either.

foodie
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi,

Okay since the "BIG EVENT" is on for this week for SD(s), I thought I would spend my "free time--right?" posting Competitor Coupons for you to use. Remember it maybe YMMV--:biggrin:

Also, I will cross-reference the $/$$ Competitor Coupons on the appropriate stores/retailers for others to use too. Of course, go to the store's website for details.:wink:

World Market $10/$30 Expires 01/10/10

Office Depot (Staples accepts their coupons/offers as Competitor Q(s) Use these for office/school supplies at HT.) $10/$50 Expires 01/09/10

CVS $5/$20 Expires 01/09/10

Rite Aid (Must signup online.) $5/$25 Expires 03/31/10

True Value (Use as Competitor Q for hardware, houseware items, etc. HT--think batteries, cleaning items, electrical, etc. Also, use as Competitor Coupon at home centers/hardware stores--i.e. Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. You need to register online for coupon.) $5/$25 Expires 01/31/10

Tractor Supply (Also, use at home/hardware stores. See above info.) $5/$20 Expires 01/31/10

Add your own deals--

foodie
02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't forget the Safeway coupon that I mentioned on a separate thread from last Sunday's Washington Post. Also, if you sign-up on the Save-A-Lot grocery store's web site, you can get on their mailing list and get coupon books from their store. Even if it is for store coupons, HT and Giant stores in N VA honors these as Competitor Coupons.

Great deals for P&G deals too. I already have 2 Save-A-Lot coupon books to use soon. One way to get more coupons, etc. is to use your hubby's email address and have him forward info on coupons, etc. to you. We have over 4 addresses and hubby forwards me the coupons, etc. I also use my husband's name for more coupon offers mailed to our home address or if he will remember to bring home mail from work addressed to him regarding coupons, etc. to give to you, this is a good way to get more offers.

Web site is below--

www.save-a-lot.com (Save-A-Lot's site/info.)

Also, if you go to the Save-A-Lot's site, there are Manufacturer Coupons on their site to print out (even if states Save-A-Lot's store name/store coupon--it is scannable for usage).

SCLolly
02-21-2010, 10:23 AM
My husband bought me 2 Florence papers this morning and neither had the Piggly Wiggly coupon. Where do you buy your papers? Also, I did not know that HT would accept these types of coupons. Great to know. Thanks.

mb_bradley
02-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Where did you all find the World Market coupon?

foodie
02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
It was in the Sunday inserts a couple of weeks ago (about a month or so, I believe) in our Washington Post Sunday edition.

Also, look inside your mail for ads sometimes with different retailer coupons (i.e. Bed, Bath, Beyond, World Market,K-mart, etc.) to use at various stores (not just grocery stores) that might honor their particular competition for Competitor Coupons (Kohl's, JC Penney, Macy's, Sears, etc.). Also, home center/hardware stores (i.e. Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, and Servistar Hardware local stores).

Hope this helps--

bellsandbabies
02-22-2010, 05:28 PM
My husband bought me 2 Florence papers this morning and neither had the Piggly Wiggly coupon. Where do you buy your papers? Also, I did not know that HT would accept these types of coupons. Great to know. Thanks.

I didnt see any either. :( You can also use your Walgreen's Register Rewards to pay!

foodie
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Here is another $/$$ Competitor Coupon I received in the mail today. It is from World Market (they sell gourmet foods, wines, beer, coffee, tea,etc.). It was in the Red Plum insert that I received in today's mail with my grocery store circulars and other store circulars.

I live in N VA area; and you may not have received it yet. Check your inserts that you get in the mail--don't throw away what you may perceive as "junk mail". I also got a Don Pablos Mexican Restaurant coupon too.

The World Market coupons are for BOGO Wines Limit 6 FREE bottles. Valid 02/22/10 to 03/14/10. The other World Market coupon is $10/$30. Valid 02/22/10 to 03/14/10.

You may wish to sign-up by email for more coupon offers. I will add info to the "Current Coupons..." forum under the thread called "Snail Mail Coupons...".

Web site is below--

Home Furnishings, Home Décor and Living Room Furniture at World Market (http://www.worldmarket.com) (World Market's site/info.)

YMMV to use. Check with your stores.:smile:

foodie
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi,

Just thought I would post that the new Family Dollar ad is up and is dated 03/08/10 to 03/28/10. There is a new FD store coupon book and is valued at $16. Great to use as Competitor Coupons--YMMV. The coupon book is dated 03/08/10 to 03/31/10.

Web site is below--

Family Dollar - Page cannot be displayed (http://www.familydollar.com) (Family Dollar's site/info.)

Just check with your store--YMMV. I posted FD info on the appropriate forum too.

Hope this helps--

foodie
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Below are some Competitor Coupons--YMMV--that you maybe able to use at HT (or other retailers that accepts Competitor Coupons). Also, info will be cross-referenced in appropriate forums. If you need more info, PM me.

Hope this helps--

Foodie (Katie)

$10/$30 or more World Market Store Coupon Offer Valid 04/26/10 to 05/16/10. (Store coupon was in Red Plum insert as a separate circular ad for World Market in my mail 04/27/10. Tear-off store coupon. World Market sells wine, beer, coffee, tea, spices, gourmet foods, canned goods, etc. Should be able to use.)

Dollar General Store Coupons (Sheet of DG Store coupons). Expires 05/01/10. (See DG thread under "Dollar Stores..." forum. I will post info there later.)

Family Dollar Store Coupons (Page 2 of NEW ad that I picked up 04/27/10 of new circular ad.) Sales ad dates are 04/29/10 to 05/09/10. FD info will be posted on FD thread under "Dollar Stores..." forum. Store coupons expires 05/09/10. FD ad is not posted yet on their web site. I will post info later.)

If you have the Wegmans Store Coupon book (latest one), ask your Store Managers/CS Managers to substitute same generic store brand and use Wegmans coupon. YMMV--my stores does this for me when I explain that I don't want to go the "competitor's" store. For example, if Wegmans had their house brand carrots for $1.99 (baby bagged carrots) with their store coupon, ask the managers at HT if they would substitute HT's house brand like vs. like. My managers will do this and ask at the Service Desk.

foodie
04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
One more to add--

$5/$20 Save-A-Lot Store Coupon (Thanks to megansmom at WUC.) Expires 04/30/10. Good for Carolina Stores.

Foodie

foodie
07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
FYI--Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW) in Metro DC/MD and N VA areas has a $145 Store Coupon Booklet in the 07/07/10, Wednesday edition of the Washington Post.

They SFW coupons are for Manufacturers and SFW items. Great to use as Competitor Coupons--YMMV.

Hope this helps--just ask your managers.

elmore42539
07-29-2010, 10:22 AM
thanks

lovelyscraps
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
FYI - Safeway home mailer has a $10 off $50 purchase - just got it in the mail today. Also you can use Balducci's 5% off total purchase.

simba123
08-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Do these coupons come off the total before or after your other Qs?

lovelyscraps
08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Do these coupons come off the total before or after your other Qs?
My HT always puts them aside and scans them last.

simba123
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM
I hardly ever have a $25 total at HT. I'm always out for the lowest oop I can get. I guess I could use it if they had a really good sale on meat or something.

foodie
05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Just wanted to update and bump this thread for Competitor Coupons List.:wink:

There is a World Market $10/$30 Store Coupon valid 04/11/11 to 05/08/11 that you may be to use at HT as a Competitor Coupon--YMMV. I am posting details for World Market's Explorer Rewards program on the "Other Stores..." forum. Also, I will post info/links on a separate thread on HT's forum the World Market $10/$30 Store Coupon the details.

Check also for BJ's Club May 2011 Coupon Booklet for BJ's Store Coupons--double check BJ's Store Coupons for sizes, restrictions, etc. before you use them at HT and other stores that accepts Competitor Coupons--YMMV. See their web site for details also for In-Store Coupons/Coupon Booklets--YMMV.

You can also use the Wegman's E-Coupons (sign up for their newsletter online--see web site for details) sometimes for produce. Recently there was a $1/$5 off Produce which expired 04/30/11. Just check with your HT store managers for assistance.

Check also the FD Store Coupons/Coupon Booklets for Competitor Coupons on their web site--YMMV.

Check also the DG Store Coupons/Coupon Booklets for Competitor Coupons on their web site--YMMV.

Just "think outside the Coupon Binder/Box" for finding/seeking out $/$$ Competitor Coupons.:smile:

Enjoy!

Foodie (aka Secret Agent Foodie/Katie):cool3: