PDA

View Full Version : Q limit did NOT reset at Midnight

gwms
09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm asking corporate today but wanted to give you all a heads up that this did not work.

I arrived at a 24-hr store late last night and rushed in to get a few things before the stroke of midnight. Checked out Thursday night at ~11:45pm. They were not well stocked (nor restocking :( ) but since I was awake & there, I figured I'd see if I could piece together the GG deal.

Checked out Friday morning ~1:15am (giving the servers time to cycle, if needed). The first 5 Q's tripled but the rest did not. Those 5 tripled because I had only used 15 Q's in my mad-dash earlier. There were two other ladies in a similar situation. The cashier was super nice and helped straighten it out :) but what a potential waste of time. I'll report back if I find out what happened.

***Update*** CS said it is supposed to reset at 7am. If this is really the case, or if it is a change, I suggested they make it clear it is 20 Q's in a 'business' day rather than a 'calendar' day.

Jaime
09-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry! :frown:

nene0784
09-18-2009, 07:52 AM
my store is 7-7, ran into that issue the other night. So you could go at 6:45am and then 7:15am. HTH

TiaDale
09-18-2009, 07:56 AM
my store is 7-7, ran into that issue the other night. So you could go at 6:45am and then 7:15am. HTH

OMG Really!?!?! Fayetteville right? Wish I knew that before! Thanks :cool3:

jevans1120
09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
my store tells me I have to wait a minimum of 24hrs before my coupons will triple again. Hope that helps!

compmomnc
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
That is so odd. We usually go to our local 24 hour Charlotte store with 4 friends and have a coupon party. We usually start about 10:30 and all check out before midnight using a full 20 coupons per card that each family brings and then go shopping and check out again around 1:30 and each and every coupon from the second orders always triple. Our cards seem to have been reset each and every time at midnight as discussed per other AFCers in the past. We are planning to go tonight, so we will see if the computers have changed the rules or if you just suffered a fluke in the system. We have faithfully done this at our HT for nearly a year now without incident. Personally we are not trying to game the system but save gas and time to help everyone we do help with our coupon party(okay party is a fancy word for a bunch of friends who get together and learn about coupons, get help with some food purchases and save as much money as the coupons will allow.)

kcalvo18
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM

hmmm...really...good to know! thanks!

gwms
09-18-2009, 10:31 AM
That is so odd. We usually go to our local 24 hour Charlotte store with 4 friends and have a coupon party. We usually start about 10:30 and all check out before midnight using a full 20 coupons per card that each family brings and then go shopping and check out again around 1:30 and each and every coupon from the second orders always triple. Our cards seem to have been reset each and every time at midnight as discussed per other AFCers in the past. We are planning to go tonight, so we will see if the computers have changed the rules or if you just suffered a fluke in the system. We have faithfully done this at our HT for nearly a year now without incident. Personally we are not trying to game the system but save gas and time to help everyone we do help with our coupon party(okay party is a fancy word for a bunch of friends who get together and learn about coupons, get help with some food purchases and save as much money as the coupons will allow.)

Thanks -- this is what I was expecting. This was in Concord, so not too far away. Please post how your trip goes tonight; I hope it goes well & you all have lots of fun!!

crispet96
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I was told it was 24hrs from my previous purchase. BUT, this also came from an employee who tried to limit my coupons to 20 per day. Obviously you can use more, they are just at face value. Right?

compmomnc
09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I just called our 24 hour store(Matthews Festival) and was told by manager that the VIC card tracks not only your coupons, items purchased, but it keeps track of the time of your shopping trips now. Apparently the software has been updated to keep the peace in couponland. So that means jevans store is closely reflecting this new change. That means 24 hours is 24 hours at whatever HT you shop at and big brother now knows that and enforces it. Would love to have other AFCers post their success/failure with this new policy? Can this really be happening and can they expect to enforce it? I am just thinking of everyone having to set an alarm clock to not break this rule. Who remembers exactly when they go shopping to the minute? Geez....

nene0784
09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
hmmm...really...good to know! thanks!

OMG Really!?!?! Fayetteville right? Wish I knew that before! Thanks :cool3:

That's what i was told...unless it was one of those made up stories to try to 'figure' out what was going on.

compmomnc
09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I was told it was 24hrs from my previous purchase. BUT, this also came from an employee who tried to limit my coupons to 20 per day. Obviously you can use more, they are just at face value. Right?

That is right crispet, anything over 20 are taken at face value.

I wish we knew whether these employees are trying to deflect us, by telling us the "usual line" or if they are truly being honest.

I would not have even thought anything about this except that in the past as I talked about above, that it appeared that the cards did really reset at midnight for such a long time. I just hope that HT updates this info on their coupon policy so there is no confusion. It only makes a difference when I use our 24 hour store, which is only that one period of time on Friday night/Sat morning. The rest of triples I might dart into a closer, non 24 hours HT, one or two times for the rest of the week.

sar1
09-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Ugh - are they doing that again? I ran into that a few months ago there and emailed Corporate. It was the only time I didn't receive a response from Corp. It's clear in the online policy that they should accept the rest at face value. I was hoping the problem had gone away so I'm disappointed to hear it again. I carry a print of the coupon policy from the website with me just in case. I didn't argue it there in the store last time b/c the cashier told me it was a new policy and I thought that was possibly true. If I run into it again I am definitely bringing out my copy!

HarleyShpgMom
09-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm asking corporate today but wanted to give you all a heads up that this did not work....There were two other ladies in a similar situation...

OMG...how about that was me and my favorite coupon partner! Glad we were able to purchase, but I'm with you, I wish there was some consistency. I guess I will need to synchronize my watch for my 24-hr shopping spree!

Hope to see you again on another shopping excursion!