PDA

View Full Version : IP Policy - get corp clarification if your store isn't doing it right

sar1
06-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I ran into the "two IP's per order" problem last week. The cashier and CS person both misinterpreted the policy to read that they could only take two IP's per customer per day. Really it states that they can only take two IP's per customer per day for two like items, but does not limit the number of IP's for your order. They were both very certain they were right b/c they had just been re-trained during a big coupon policy meeting, so I didn't really argue.

I emailed Corp later and they said I was right and they would inform the store. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't happen again. If your store has this incorrect rule, too, I'd suggest contacting Corporate. I made a point of letting Corp know in my email that both the cashier and CS person were friendly and respectful about it. I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, I just wanted to know what the correct policy was.

momtocj7mea
06-22-2009, 07:05 AM
I am sure this is answered elsewhere, but how many will they double each day? Like will they only double two internet q's total per day?

Just wondering because I am trying to get my q's and list together for super doubles and hubby is in training!! He will be using his mother's card since she never shops there and I will be using ours. We live about 35 minutes away from HT so I can't just go back everyday like some of you can and I want to get the most out of our one trip.

sar1
06-22-2009, 07:14 AM
They will double 20 coupons per day (per VIC card). They will only double 2 IP's per like item per day. So they will double more than 2 IP's per day, but just not more than 2 for the same items. If you're buying Athenos Feta, you can only use 2 IP's (doubled or not) in one day.

The exact wording is: With the purchase of two like manufacturer’s products, we accept two internet coupons, per store, per day.

shoppinmomma
06-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I sent an e-mail to corp in May because my store told me they only accept two IP's total per day. I got this answer from corp which I found to be a little disappointing, because I wasn't confused so much as the store was. And I don't know if the store was ever informed of the proper policy. Luckily there are 2 HT's in town and the other has no limit (other than 20 for doubling). I've been a little afraid to go back to the other store because I don't want to be told I can only use 2. Anyway, here's the response I got...

"Thank you for your email and we apologize for any confusion. The policy states that with the purchase of two (2) like internet coupons, we accept two internet coupons, per store, per day. This means, for example, two (2) Pop Tart coupons, two (2) Kellogg's coupons, two (2) Kraft coupons, etc.
I hope this has answered your questions and thanks for being our customer!"

Someone else has pointed out to me that this isn't the greatest example of their policy since PopTarts is made by Kellogg's and they are only supposed to take two IP's per manu...lol!