PDA

View Full Version : Rainchecks are awesome!

sar1
06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I was finally brave enough to ask about a raincheck at HT. I don't know why, but I've had a fear of them for no good reason. The Buitoni pasta was cleared out, so I got a raincheck for the bogo price. As I left the store the lightbulb went on that I can basically make my own sale whenever I want to. I see so many opportunities for this now! I know, I know, you've all been saying that all along but it really never clicked b/c it seemed like somehow it would be too much trouble. What's more trouble is going back to the store during the sale week to see if they've gotten any more in!

My raincheck was made out for 4, and I know it will be subject to the bogo coupon rule. I want to use my $1 IP's, so can I buy one and they'll re-write the raincheck for the 3 remaining?

TJ_2008
06-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I was finally brave enough to ask about a raincheck at HT. I don't know why, but I've had a fear of them for no good reason. The Buitoni pasta was cleared out, so I got a raincheck for the bogo price. As I left the store the lightbulb went on that I can basically make my own sale whenever I want to. I see so many opportunities for this now! I know, I know, you've all been saying that all along but it really never clicked b/c it seemed like somehow it would be too much trouble. What's more trouble is going back to the store during the sale week to see if they've gotten any more in!

My raincheck was made out for 4, and I know it will be subject to the bogo coupon rule. I want to use my $1 IP's, so can I buy one and they'll re-write the raincheck for the 3 remaining?

That is a good question! Hope somebody can answer it.

My problem with rainchecks is that 99% of the times I forget to ask for one lol

hsmomtofour
06-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I have no idea on your raincheck question....

But I just used a rain checkfor the first time ever a few weeks ago. It was a great experience.

I wound up getting buy 2 get 3 free jolly time popcorn 94% fat free with Qs. I still have some left! may just pop a bag tonight

I love my HT! Great store, great staff!

This week my cream was on sale BOGO, plus I had $1off2 qs. The store didn't have the marked, but because I took in my computer generated Express Lane (or whatever it's called) print out of deals with that store location on it....they gave them to me...BOGO! Plus I used 1 of my qs!

aurorahorse
06-07-2009, 07:12 AM

No...it's use it all or lose it. But they never expire. :smile:

Save-A-Lot
06-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I LOVE rainchecks! I always get them. I get one when something is out of stock, and I know there are usually coupons for it.. even if I wasnt planning on getting the item that day anyways. I also use my rainchecks mostly during triple coupons. I love it.

chavous
06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
It depends on the store, some of them will re-write them and some will not. In some stores when the cashier see that you're not getting them all on the rain-check, they will ask you do you want another raincheck for the remainder. Thats been my experience.

mgmetts
06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
It depends on the store, some of them will re-write them and some will not. In some stores when the cashier see that you're not getting them all on the rain-check, they will ask you do you want another raincheck for the remainder. Thats been my experience.

That is soo cool. I still have to remind myself to ask for a raincheck.