PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice the ad says underneath all BOGO items.. item rings up at 1/2 price.but.

catlover7731
05-28-2009, 05:10 AM
My ad has writing underneath all BOGO items saying item rings up 1/2 price. This is a new thing for me.. Before it was a guess things.. One thing I found interesting my cashier had to call the manager to push through my second Kraft coupon( $1.50 off one). After she pushed it through she said to him:" remember all BOGO items .. you can only use one coupon". If the items are ringing up 1/2 price and it is written in ink, wouldn't that let one use 2 coupons??
Luckily some of the cashiers at H.T. are really nice and push it through and I am learning to recognize the ones who think the are the coupon police and just don't go by them.
I am hoping I don't get a cashier who won't take two coupons for any of the BOGO items, if I do they are just going to have to take back the items and give me my coupons.

momof2sweetkids
05-28-2009, 05:28 AM
It is not there policy 2 take 2 on bogo, but it is ymmv if they will. Some of my stores will take 2 coupons for bogo and some won't. If I am at a store that won't i just have them ring up the other in a seperate order and then use my coupon. I asked if this was ok and they said yes it just makes more work for them. HTH

mrsfloyd
05-29-2009, 07:55 AM
The register will accept 2 coupons on 2 BOGO items as long as the coupons are not exceeding the price of the items. (and as long as your cashier/manager doesn't mind - of course it is their right to enforce the rule)

Your Kraft coupon beeped b/c the BOGO sale makes them only $1.45 each. 2 of them = $2.90 - so your first coupon went through fine b/c it was applying to $2.90 worth of product. After you used your first $1.50 coupon, there was now only $1.40 left for the coupon to apply to, so it beeped b/c the coupon's face value was higher than the amount left for it to go toward. Even if you only buy 1 Kraft w/ 1 coupon, it beeps b/c the coupon is $1.50 and the item is only $1.45.

P.S. the whole 'item will ring 1/2 price' thing in the ad is NOT new, it has been there for quite awhile, it's just not very noticeable. :)

melwood
05-29-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree with you the coupon police at Wal-Mart received a cart of groceries back after giving me problems changing coupon policies each time I go. Needless to say, they lost $80.00 in sales over $2.00 in coupons!1 Principle.