PDA

View Full Version : Please Help a Newbie!

Weasleymum
02-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello! I am really, really new to this whole couponing thing, just starting to figure it out. Last night was the first time that I successfully used this site's shopping list to combine store specials with coupons-- the Berio olive oil and the Newman's Own pasta sauces. Both of those were "printable", so it was easy to figure out where the coupon is coming from!

However, I wanted to get the Ben & Jerry's, too, and I think I messed up. It says in the shopping list that you can get 3 pints/$8 but I don't understand how. Where does the coupon come from? Under "source" it just says "Harris Teeter"-- was it in a circular or something? At the store the ice cream is on sale 3/$10, which isn't bad but it isn't 3/$8 either!

Please help me figure out what I did wrong! TIA!

aidan&logansmommy
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi and welcome to AFC!!! We are so glad that you here, and that you are using our Shopping List feature!! If you click on the coupon for the Ben and Jerry's in the Shopping List, it pulls up the coupon details. When I did this, it shows that the $2/3 coupon is a catalina from Harris Teeter. (A catalina is one of those register coupons that prints when you check out.).

Hope that helps!! Please feel free to ask any other questions!

Weasleymum
02-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Thank you so much! Does that mean that the coupon would be on a receipt from a previous visit? Because nothing printed on yesterday's receipt.

Jenn'sCup
02-14-2009, 12:07 PM
hello Welcome to AFC!

aidan&logansmommy
02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much! Does that mean that the coupon would be on a receipt from a previous visit? Because nothing printed on yesterday's receipt.

Catalinas are usually triggered by something you buy, but not necessarily the product that the catalina is for. It tends to be very random and hit or miss, so few people probably have that actual catalina. I know that I shop HT really often, and I have never gotten it!

sar1
02-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Glad you're taking advantage of the forums and shopping lists! You can always ask questions here and sign up for an AFC Buddy that can maybe help you out even more. Here's the link: http://www.afullcup.com/forums/afc-buddies/126418-welcome-afc-please-sign-thread-get-buddy.html

davedonn25
02-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I am a newbie with a catalina question too. Can you use a catalina coupon with a manufactures coupon for the same item??

jenawood20
02-15-2009, 08:46 AM
I am a newbie with a catalina question too. Can you use a catalina coupon with a manufactures coupon for the same item??

This may be a YMMV, but I was told that you cannot because they are manufacturers' coupons...LMK if this is wrong somebody!

aidan&logansmommy
02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
That is correct Jena! Catalinas are manufacturer's coupons so I don't think they can be combined with another manufacturer coupon for the same product.