PDA

View Full Version : do they double/triple smart source machine coupons even....

TJ_2008
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
if the coupon states "Coupon not subject to doubling" ???

I mean it starts with a 5 so the register should double/triple it but will the cashier manually un-double/triple them??

jenawood20
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
if the coupon states "Coupon not subject to doubling" ???

I mean it starts with a 5 so the register should double/triple it but will the cashier manually un-double/triple them??

No, not that I've ever heard of. I have, however, heard of people arguing with the cashier and getting them to manually double/triple blinkies, but I'm sure this is a YMMV thing.

TwinGirlsMOM04
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
i dont know but i hope so because i have a lot of those .75/1 kraft cheese coupons

TJ_2008
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
thanks for the answers.... :)

yeah I have a few of those as well... I guess I gonna have to try and see what happens

RhylansMom
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
hmm i would like to know this too. does the self check out ones just triple them?

aidan&logansmommy
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
My Smart Source coupons have always doubled or tripled automatically, as long as the barcode begins with a 5. That is why I always collect them from Food Lion- theirs begin with a 5.

As for the Kraft blinkie, if you have the one that begins with a 5, it works. I have been using it at Lowes and HT for a few weeks. However, there is something weird in the coding of the coupon and it prompts the cashier to enter the price manually. I have no idea why!

carriemb2
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
You give the cashier your coupons whether you are using u-scan or not.

The coupon will double UNLESS the cashier does something to manually prevent it (override) because the computer is set to double anything beginning with a "5." However, please keep in mind that if the coupon says DO NOT DOUBLE, it very well might not, and just be prepared for that outcome. :)

LyndaSLP
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
As for the Kraft blinkie, if you have the one that begins with a 5, it works. I have been using it at Lowes and HT for a few weeks. However, there is something weird in the coding of the coupon and it prompts the cashier to enter the price manually. I have no idea why!

Because silly Kraft forgot to put a value code in the barcode. Silly Kraft.

carriemb2
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
My Smart Source coupons have always doubled or tripled automatically, as long as the barcode begins with a 5. That is why I always collect them from Food Lion- theirs begin with a 5.

As for the Kraft blinkie, if you have the one that begins with a 5, it works. I have been using it at Lowes and HT for a few weeks. However, there is something weird in the coding of the coupon and it prompts the cashier to enter the price manually. I have no idea why! It is totally annoying, isn't it. That's ok, though, because it is a GREAT coupon. :)

TJ_2008
02-04-2009, 07:20 PM
:ty: I really appreciate y'alls help

aidan&logansmommy
02-04-2009, 07:20 PM
The odd thing about the Kraft ones is that I had some that worked correctly the first few times I used them. Then, I must have picked up another batch that did not get coded correctly. Yes, I don't mind since it is such a great coupon. But, when I used it at Lowes this week, I gave the cashier 4 and only the first 2 doubled, because she tried to save time and inputted it as a general grocery discount... Thankfully, no problems with them at HT! Of course, though a few younger cashiers have tried to enter the product price instead of the coupon value!

taylorcpa
02-05-2009, 05:33 AM
My HT separates them and will not double or triple them. Of course, I consider my HT the coupon nazis so I pretty much avoid going there unless they have other good sales going on.

UNCMomof2
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I think I need to go searching for Kraft cheese blinkies...when do they expire? My little one and I go through the aisles looking just for blinkies some days! Oh, and we should get SuperTarget to start using blinkie machines :)

luv2cook
02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I had 2/.55q for 2 boxes mueller's pasta that states Do Not Double. And the deal for HT this week 2/1.50. So I grabbed 4 boxes plus other stuff but went to a cashier who was familiar with me and they tripled minus overage just fine. With HT I think the newer people are the ones who try to stay by the book. The new night manager even told me nobody had a way to override coupon's! I had to laugh and quit going at night. I shop during the day for the most part anyway but now I see how some of the stores are so strict!

pfhcouponmom
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I was at one on my Harris Teeter tonight and had the .75 on the Healthy Choice that said DO NOT DOUBLE and the one they had for the Kraft cheese said DO NOT DOUBLE. The cashier which was very nice told me they would double or triple due to the manufacture's rules. So my deals were not as good as I had hoped. Please let me know if you know any thing about this.

TJ_2008
02-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Aww I am sorry!
I guess, from what I read here now, it is basically a "hit or miss" thing.

pfhcouponmom
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
It not your fault they did not double. I wanted to let everyone know that sometimes they won't double them. I still got some good deals.

TJ_2008
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
okay I went earlier to HT (biiiiiig mistake thanks to me little kids from hell) and they did NOT triple the $.75 off for the kraft cheese. kinda disappointing, but it still was a good deal.