PDA

View Full Version : Newbie w/ a silly question

fsrlynch
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
So, I have seen the smart source coupon machines at HT. But what are wine tags & tearpads & where do I find them. New to the game. Looking to learn as much as I can. Thanks

lou12341
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
The Winetags Are Supposed To Be Around The Neck Of The Wine Bottles But My Harris Teeter Never Puts Them On And If You Check With The Office, They Always Say They Don't Have Them.

NCmom
12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Winetags are tags that are around the necks of bottles. I believe the wine reps are responsible for putting the winetags out, HT probably doesn't have anything to do with them. . Look for displays in the deli/bakery and meat/seafood areas and on the endcaps of the wine section for bottles with them. I rarely find tearpads at my HT, but again when I do they are also on displays, which are usually stacked cases of wine. I found a tearpad of $1/1 Nabisco a couple days ago that was on an endcap display of Ritz and Triscuits.

lou12341
12-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I Have Yet To Find A Winetag, Mir, Q Tearpad Or Anything Like That At Harris Teeter!

aidan&logansmommy
12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I seldom find tearpads at Harris Teeter, but when I do, they are usually on product displays. As for winetags, I always browse the wine aisles looking for tags hanging around the bottles! They are very hard to find, but I have noticed that I usually find them 1-2 times a month if I am lucky! I think it just depends on getting into the store when the wine reps have put them out, and I have not been able to figure out a schedule to it yet!

timber945
12-16-2008, 08:34 PM
If you are in HT country you probably have Food Lions as well - They always have alot of tearpads and blinkie machines. Check out the Food Lion forum for a list. It might be worth a trip even if you don't normally shop there.

You can also post an ISO if you are know what you want.

Good Luck

fsrlynch
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all of your tips. I'll definitely check the FL & other stores. I have found blinkies @ my HT & I just about cleared some of them out. I'm going shopping tomorrow so I'll make sure to double check everything.