PDA

View Full Version : Who shops the Wilmington NC HT stores?

LyndaSLP
09-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Anyone??

jibbers
09-22-2008, 07:01 AM
I do! Also Hplymarried - that is how we met each other many years ago.

LyndaSLP
09-22-2008, 07:06 AM
I wish I had known -- I just spent the weekend there. I was impressed at how well stocked the HT on Eastwood and the HT by MonkeyJoes were.

jibbers
09-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I like both of those stores. The one by MonkeyJoes is the one I shop at during lunch hour. The one on Eastwood maybe on weekends when I have been to visit my mother. We have a new one opening Wednesday in Leland (just outside of Wilmington).

I only got to shop on Sunday -I got in from Canada at 9:30 Saturday night. The one on Eastwood (as well as the others I went to) were out of Nesquik. I found everything else I needed.

Let Kelly & I know when you are in town again.

Wendy

LyndaSLP
09-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Totally nonHT related: Have you ever attended the Kite Festival? I think it might be in CapeFear? Or maybe it is just called the CapeFear Kite Festival? My son and I were thinking of sweet-talking hubby into going to that in Nov. I just wondered if it was worth it.

jibbers
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I've never heard of the Kite Festival... I'll have to check that out - may be something I want to do in November.

girlygirljess05
09-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I hope to soon! I'm wanting to move there in the next year, currently living by Atlantic Beach!

ahfarlow
09-23-2008, 08:11 AM
I LOVE WILMINGTON! (Whenever we strike it rich or win the lottery) I would buy a summerhouse there.

Have you tried Fat Tonys! My hubby and I love that place!

LindaCheema
09-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hijack the post:D
I lived in ILM for 6 years, moved to Raleigh 5 yrs ago because of lack of jobs! Anyway, We loved Romanellis and Gorgios, we are having our 10 yr college reunion next month, any recommendations on new places or events??

We;re going to do things we havent done in a long time, like tourists, with our kids of course, difft than those grand ol college days :D

the ferry
the aquarium
wrightsville beach
the battleship
airlie gardens
hugh mcrae
???

anything else?

Thanks
Linda

NCmom
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Kelly and Wendy, I think you both pm'ed me before I moved here or maybe right after. Are you both in Leland? I'm on the north side, always go to the Ogden or Porters neck HTs. Both are usually really well stocked, out of Nesquick milk all during triples though.

I like both of those stores. The one by MonkeyJoes is the one I shop at during lunch hour. The one on Eastwood maybe on weekends when I have been to visit my mother. We have a new one opening Wednesday in Leland (just outside of Wilmington).

I only got to shop on Sunday -I got in from Canada at 9:30 Saturday night. The one on Eastwood (as well as the others I went to) were out of Nesquik. I found everything else I needed.

Let Kelly & I know when you are in town again.

Wendy

NCmom
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I've lived here a year and still feel like a tourist! What about renting kayaks and going over to Masonboro Island or Lea Island? We've done that a couple times and found huge conch shells, starfish and sand dollars and had fun playing in the sand. Might be a bit cold and you have to be careful crossing the intracoastal, some days it's like a highway! My daughter loves going to dinner at Bluewater on Wrightsville Beach and watching the boats. Pm me before you go, I think I have some BOGO aquarium and other attraction coupons that I haven't used from the entertainment book. Hate to see them go to waste.

Sorry to hijack the post:D
I lived in ILM for 6 years, moved to Raleigh 5 yrs ago because of lack of jobs! Anyway, We loved Romanellis and Gorgios, we are having our 10 yr college reunion next month, any recommendations on new places or events??

We;re going to do things we havent done in a long time, like tourists, with our kids of course, difft than those grand ol college days :D

the ferry
the aquarium
wrightsville beach
the battleship
airlie gardens
hugh mcrae
???

anything else?

Thanks
Linda

hplymarried
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I live about 30 minutes from Wilmington. I'm closer to Rocky Point. I LOVE all my HT stores. I have always complained about the lack of decent coupons in the paper, but have finally figured out that it is a blessing in disguise because we don't have to compete with all of Wilmington during triples. They come with their few and we come with hundreds we've ordered. :D

I haven't heard of the kite festival either. Sounds like fun.