Amazon Prime?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Molly May has posted more than 25 good deals
Amazon Prime?

Thinking about subscribing to amazon prime- is it worth it? do they have a lot of good movies to stream? do they ever run promotions where you can get it cheaper? does it increase the number of kindle books they have for free?

Thanks!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Molly May For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM

RE: Amazon Prime?

mothering a next gen couponer-she's 2

My Mood/Status:
pickychicmom has posted more than 100 good deals!pickychicmom has posted more than 100 good deals!
I don't think it increase free items, but if you shop a lot online TOTALLY worth it...but be sure to check on a free promo, or amazon mom to try it for free, first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Couponing, blogging, youtubeing, social networking mommy of 1 artistic daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& 2
The Following User Says Thank You to pickychicmom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Spending too much time on afc to finish my...

My Mood/Status:
cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you have a student email address (or anyone in your home does) you can get 6-12 months for free also
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
about to renew for my 3rd year. You are allowed to add members to your account ( my daughter and 2 sons are on mine). At Christmas my daughter told me that she loves it. She ordered some items the week of Christmas and actually got them the next day. She said that it really spoiled her having the Amazon Prime . No where else she ordered from got the stuff to her as fast as they do and since it it no shipping and no tax it makes it many times cheaper than we can go out and search for items we want. We all have Kindles that I bought so we are able to share out books that we purchase. We actually get most of our downloads free from a program the library has. The primary owner is the only one that can get the free movie streaming . I pay $75 a year for prime but it has paid for itself many times over because I order all year long for all occasions. I think they allow you to use people outside the family so I guess you could split the cost. i prefer to pay for ours and let the kids benefit from mine. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to flaminmom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM

is tired!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I absolutely love prime! I haven't paid for it yet though. I got the free trial through Amazon mom. It is about to run out though
The Following User Says Thank You to morgansmom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love Prime. Is it worth $79? That I don't know. I used my .edu email address to get it free for 12 months with Amazon Student (I think it may only be 6 months free now) and then the renewal fee for students is $39 and I think I can renew for up to 3 years as a student. To me it is well worth the $39. I saved that much alone in shipping costs for Christmas presents. I love being able to go to Amazon and buy something and know I'll have it in 2 days

I never took advantage of Prime through Amazon Mom. I have Amazon Mom but I would only buy items through Subscribe & Save which doesn't count towards the requirements to extend the Prime membership.
The Following User Says Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly May View Post
Thinking about subscribing to amazon prime- is it worth it? do they have a lot of good movies to stream? do they ever run promotions where you can get it cheaper? does it increase the number of kindle books they have for free?

Thanks!!!
Prime Kindle owners get tons of free loaner Kindle books ~ you don't get to keep them I don't think, but they are free to read. I get tons of free books w/o having prime but prime gets a lot more of the more current ones from what I've witnessed lately.

There was a thread on this board somewhere that was discussing sharing the membership - I think you can share with up to 3 family memebers or co-workers (they do not have to be in the same house) maybe you could look into that option if you have someone that would like to split the cost with you.
Harris Teeter!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
tiff101057 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I have prime just as a trial and I would love to extend it. I ordered some games for my DD for Christmas and had them delivered next day. I was totally surprised. We also used it for the kindle loaner program. I just wish the trial period was longer than 30-days.
and 2yo Diva
The Following User Says Thank You to tiff101057 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Molly May has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks so much for all the information.... I will definetly be looking at it more closely!! Thanks again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Molly May For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
i have Amazon prime, student. i signed up for a 6 month trial. I'll cancel because Christmas and a few random bday gifts are the only thing I order through them. Believe my renewal price is more than $39... I want to say it is $79, but I'm not sure.

Have any leftover Nicorette? Help a sister out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Illinichinky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM

pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pilesoflaundry has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I pay the $79 for it. Unless you get mom or student, it doesn't go cheaper. The streaming options are mixed, some is great and some of it is total garbage. The free lending is once per month and the selection is limited. I've found a lot of the same ones free to keep on the kindle blogs.

My dh was the one that wanted to sign up, I was iffy if the cost was worth it. Now I can't imagine living without it. Some things to consider, I have a high sales tax rate in my state and don't pay taxes on amazon orders so if anything is cheaper online and I can wait a few days for it, I buy it from amazon instead of going to the store. I save tax and gas. I also don't get out much, I can't drive so it's a godsend for me.

I hated spending 30 minutes trying to find something that was like $2 to meet the $25 for free shipping threshold. I actually spend less on amazon because if something I want is $10, I'm not spending $15 more to get it shipped free.

YMMV if it's worth it for you or not.

FYI if you share the membership, only the person that pays the bill gets the lending book or free streaming. The other 3 people on the account get nothing but the free prime shipping. The offical amazon policy is they do have to be immediate family, not friends but I know people that do share with coworkers or friends. I just didn't want to chance it.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 PM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
I also wanted to add that I was afraid in the beginning that they would ship fast to hook me in and then get sloppy as time went on but every order that qualified was just as quick as the first. There are some times that items don't qualify if it is an outside seller but it tells you this upfront and then I decide how bad I want item. I hate paying full price when I could probably get the student price but I hate playing games and having to remember when to cancel and so I just pay and have felt it was 100% worth it for my family.
The Following User Says Thank You to flaminmom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM

ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Prime Kindle owners get tons of free loaner Kindle books ~ you don't get to keep them I don't think, but they are free to read. I get tons of free books w/o having prime but prime gets a lot more of the more current ones from what I've witnessed lately.

There was a thread on this board somewhere that was discussing sharing the membership - I think you can share with up to 3 family memebers or co-workers (they do not have to be in the same house) maybe you could look into that option if you have someone that would like to split the cost with you.
I have a Kindle and a prime membership, but i have never heard of the free laoner books for the kindle for prime members. Could you tell me more? How do i find the books or is there something on the website that explains this? Thanks so much for any help!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ccb2004 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccb2004 View Post
I have a Kindle and a prime membership, but i have never heard of the free laoner books for the kindle for prime members. Could you tell me more? How do i find the books or is there something on the website that explains this? Thanks so much for any help!!
Here's a link with the info:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=afullcup04-20
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 AM

hypnicjerk has posted more than 10 good deals
Using my hubby's account for another year of free Prime. After that we'll each do Amazon Mom. Then MAYBE I'll consider paying for it.