New To Aldis.. A Question

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 05:21 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AshleyL has posted more than 10 good deals
New to Aldis.. A question

Hi there, I'm a bit new to Aldis and I had a question about the double back guarantee (DBG)

An item I wanted to return was like 1.65 and I ended up shopping around and got about 10 bucks of stuff. I just assumed they would do 10.00 - 1.65 and I could pay the balance.

The cashier said I could only exchange for items less than 1.65 and the other stuff, I would basically need to pay in another transaction. I couldn't really find anything for 1.65 so I just grabbed a 1 dollar item.

Are they not able to subtract the exchanged item from the total?
Or does the DBG depend on each store and their own policy? The website doesn't really specify.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshleyL For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2016, 08:41 PM

RE: New to Aldis.. A question

buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Our store just refunds the money for the return. If there is a problem with the product, like one time I bought moldy bread, they also give you another of the same products. We've always done that as a separate transaction.
We've never tried to combine a return with a purchase so I can't answer the part about subtracting the item amount from the total.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buyitlow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 PM

AthenasGrandma has posted more than 10 good deals
I have never returned an item but I have received a special discount. Sometimes when they have something that they want to unload you can negotiate a price, if you take it all.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 AM

kkaye76 has posted more than 150 good deals!kkaye76 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
Hi there, I'm a bit new to Aldis and I had a question about the double back guarantee (DBG)

Are they not able to subtract the exchanged item from the total?
Or does the DBG depend on each store and their own policy? The website doesn't really specify.
Their Double Back Guarantee is only on specific products. If you look on your label, it'll have the letters DB in a circle.. if it does, they should refund you your money doubled.

I had one lady refund me my money doubled and gave me another of the same product free...Which isn't per Corporate policy.
I've also been offered double a replacement product which is also acceptable Corporate policy.

If your product doesn't have the DB on the label, they will refund you the purchase price only or will let you get the same product as replacement.

I've had so many different experiences with that policy and different cashiers, I finally called Corp to find out what is right.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:26 PM

AngieC1212 has posted more than 1 good deal
I'e never not been satisfied with any of their products, so I've never returned anything; but it;s always good to have clarification. I know their brownie mix used to be so so in my opinion, but it has improved a great deal over the last few years. I actually prefer Duncan Hines brownie mix but I only get that when it's on sale and I have a coupon. which isn't very often, to I settle for the Aldi brand.

Angie
Old 02-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Coolchick1995 has posted more than 75 good deals!
The only time I have used the guarantee was with fruits and veggies, and salad or yogurt that I bought an it was expired. They never gave me double money back. They just refunded me the amount and then allowed me to get the exact same item for free again. But it is always done separately.