Aldi"s Meal Planning!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aldi"s meal planning!

Hey everyone!

Thanks to Scottd for this idea!

This thread is dedicated to Meal Planning the Aldi's Way! Anytime you make a meal using 50% or more of Aldi's brand products, list your meal and ingredients here!

I'll start: Taco Salad

I used the following Aldi's Brand products:
  • Clancy's White Round Tortilla Chips
  • Fresh Artisan Lettuce
  • Fresh Tomatoes
  • Shredded Cheese

I added the following non-Aldi's brand products:
  • Fresh ground chuck (we buy a 1/4 cow every so often and have it butchered)
  • Taco Seasoning Pack (got them free at Kroger a while back)
  • Kroger Sour Cream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM

RE: Aldi"s meal planning!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aldi's "hamburger helper" is actually vegetarian meaning it contains no animal ingredients (excluding dairy and eggs) unlike the national brand.

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Boxed Lasagna
1 box of Aldi Lasagna Hamburger Helper
1 can of Aldi diced tomatoes
1 can of Aldi kidney beans (Any kind, I prefer dark.)
1 tub of Aldi sour cream

I just prepare the lasagna as according to the box and leave out the ground beef and add the 2 cans. I put a little spoonful of sour cream on top when serving it. The possibilities are endless with this as you can add anything you want. I've sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on top with good result as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!allgrandsons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
scottd09 = that sounds really good = really cheap & really easy . Way to go . I don't know why more people can't feed their family healthy & low cost meals ??????? I also love Aldi's , but i live about 40 minutes away from one , but go every time i'm close .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allgrandsons For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrandsons View Post
scottd09 = that sounds really good = really cheap & really easy . Way to go . I don't know why more people can't feed their family healthy & low cost meals ??????? I also love Aldi's , but i live about 40 minutes away from one , but go every time i'm close .
Yes, it's pretty good and it's quick and easy to make. I make it when I'm too lazy or don't have time to make a nicer veggie lasagna. Aldi has a lot of stuff like this that you can just build a meal around and customize to your taste.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
AuntJamelle0806 has posted more than 100 good deals!AuntJamelle0806 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Great thread!

The following is a great go to recipe for us lately. Low carb. All the veggies have been available at Aldi lately for good prices. Mushrooms sometimes go as low as $0.49 per 8oz pack which is a great time to make this recipe!

Chicken Veggie Kabobs

Chicken Breasts
Italian Dressing
Fresh Mushrooms
Onions (red or yellow)
Zuchinni
Summer Squash
Broccoli
Mini Bell Pepper or Large Bell Peppers
Feta Cheese

Cut raw chicken breast into chunks and marinate in small amount of italian dressing for a few hours or overnight.

Thread cleaned and cut veggies onto skewers, pile into 9x11 pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready - overnight if desired.

Thread marinated chicken meat onto skewers. Brush some extra italian dressing (not used as meat marinade) on the veggies.

Lay skewers on top of 9x11 pans (short ways) and roast in oven at 350 degrees until chicken is done - about 20-25 minutes.

Push all meat and veggies off skewers into large bowl. Add small amount of feta cheese (more or less to taste). Toss and serve.

Nice to serve some sort of bread with this. Aldi has plenty of choices. Or you can skip the bread to keep the meal low carb.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuntJamelle0806 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM

GOONIES!

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
GREAT meal AuntJamelle0806!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE skewered food and my kids think it's really fun so I will be trying this one soon! Have you ever tried to grill this skewer meal?
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
AuntJamelle0806 has posted more than 100 good deals!AuntJamelle0806 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Cucumber Avocado Salad

1/2 cucumber, diced into bite size chunks
1 avocado, diced
3-4 mini bell peppers (or equivalent amount bell pepper) diced
1/2 cup feta cheese
Iceberg lettuce, torn
1.5 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 Tbsp Balsalmic Vinegar
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper

Mix cucumber, avocado, bell pepper and desired amount of lettuce. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Drizzle this over the veggie mix. Add feta and toss gently. Serve immediately.

Very YUM!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuntJamelle0806 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z and G's Mom View Post
GREAT meal AuntJamelle0806!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE skewered food and my kids think it's really fun so I will be trying this one soon! Have you ever tried to grill this skewer meal?
I actually haven't in a while, but I think this is something that would normally be made on the grill really. I just have a toddler to keep track of and it is easier for me to cook things in the oven.

I bought a set of metal skewers a while back that I use over and over again - and it avoids having to soak wooden ones to prevent them from catching fire. Just another thought!

Have fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntJamelle0806 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Broiled Scallops

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
* 1 tablespoon garlic salt or powder
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions

1. Turn broiler on.
2. Rinse scallop and place in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt, melted butter or margarine and lemon juice.
3. Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops start to turn golden. Remove from oven and serve with extra melted butter or margarine on the side for dipping.

Pair this with roasted or grilled asparagus (when in season) or green veggie of your choice. Even canned green beans - add some Aldi's almonds to make it more fun.

Then finish things off with some dinner rolls of choice from Aldi's selection.

Quick and easy weeknight dinner!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntJamelle0806 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Chicken Alfredo

Fresh Chicken Tenders, diced(meat dept. 3.xx)
Milk
Fresh shredded Parm
Spaghetti
Onions, diced
Garlic, minced
Butter
Flour
Olive oil
Fresh or dried herbs, I use thyme and parsley fresh

In a heated skillet, sauté onions and garlic, add chicken, salt and pepper to taste, add herbs to taste, cook until just done. Transfer to serving bowl. In hot pan, add 3 TBP butter, 1TBP olive oil, when melted add 4 TBP flour, wisk together, making a roux. Wisk in 4 cups milk ( or half chicken stock) add more herbs, when thickened (5 min or so) turn off heat an add 2-4 handfuls of Parm. Salt and pepper to taste. Combine chicken, sauce and pasta in a serving dish. Top with more cheese and parsley.

I serve a green veggie or salad on the side.

I found everything at Aldi!
(well, not the herbs, I grow those...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 400000coupons For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM

GOONIES!

My Mood/Status:
Ooooh - that sounds yummy too!!!!
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 AM

it takes all kinds to make the world go around!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
br00kers has posted more than 300 great deals!br00kers has posted more than 300 great deals!br00kers has posted more than 300 great deals!br00kers has posted more than 300 great deals!
love the ideas!
The Following User Says Thank You to br00kers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
This is a recipe that my grandmother found online and I modified a bit.

8 ounces angel hair pasta
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup sour cream

You just cook the pasta as directed and then put the tomatoes (including juice) in a sauce pan with the spinach until the spinach begins to wilt. Then you add the sour cream and stir it together and finally pour over the drained pasta. I think it needs more sour cream so I usually put 3/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup and I add some salt and pepper to taste. I think it would also be good with perhaps a bit of cream cheese and maybe carrots. Endless possibilities!

You should be able to get everything at Aldi and should be a fairly cheap entrée.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Per DH: Queen of Couponia

My Mood/Status:
jds3 has posted more than 150 good deals!jds3 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Black Olive Tapenade

1 can black olives
1 garlic clove
1 cup walnuts
1/3 c. olive oil
1 T. vinegar (any kind)
salt and pepper to taste

Blend all in your food processor and enjoy as a dip for sliced veges! It is a nice change from ranch dressing.
and Lovin' the deals!
:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jds3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have a new recipe that can be made with Aldi ingredients.

1 egg
1 tbsp of chunky salsa
1/2 ounce of shredded cheddar (You could use any shredded cheese though)
Wheat bread (white bread would work too)
Guacamole (Aldi has a few different varieties, I like original)

Beat the egg, salsa, and cheese together and make a fritatta or omelet depending on how you like it cooked. Put the egg dish on the bread, add guacamole, and enjoy your sandwich.

These are perfect for on the go meals and they fit perfectly in a bento box. Toss in some fresh fruit and you have an awesome breakfast.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Arcurri

My Mood/Status:
arcurri has posted more than 100 good deals!arcurri has posted more than 100 good deals!
Aldi Dinner tonight

1 pkg spaghetti or angle hair or fettucini
1 bottle pesto sauce (green)
1 pkg medium shrimp
1 pkg mixed lettuce
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 pkg bread sticks

Prepare pasta as normal. When almost done about 2 minutes stir in shrimp. Heat pesto in a small pan. Drain pasta and shrimp well. Mix with pesto. Tear open lettuce bag, pour into a bowl. Add dressing to taste. Brown bread sticks in oven for 5 minutes. Dinner in about 15 minutes. Yum!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Yum! What was the total price? How many servings?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntJamelle0806 View Post
Great thread!

The following is a great go to recipe for us lately. Low carb. All the veggies have been available at Aldi lately for good prices. Mushrooms sometimes go as low as $0.49 per 8oz pack which is a great time to make this recipe!

Chicken Veggie Kabobs

Chicken Breasts
Italian Dressing
Fresh Mushrooms
Onions (red or yellow)
Zuchinni
Summer Squash
Broccoli
Mini Bell Pepper or Large Bell Peppers
Feta Cheese

Cut raw chicken breast into chunks and marinate in small amount of italian dressing for a few hours or overnight.

Thread cleaned and cut veggies onto skewers, pile into 9x11 pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready - overnight if desired.

Thread marinated chicken meat onto skewers. Brush some extra italian dressing (not used as meat marinade) on the veggies.

Lay skewers on top of 9x11 pans (short ways) and roast in oven at 350 degrees until chicken is done - about 20-25 minutes.

Push all meat and veggies off skewers into large bowl. Add small amount of feta cheese (more or less to taste). Toss and serve.

Nice to serve some sort of bread with this. Aldi has plenty of choices. Or you can skip the bread to keep the meal low carb.
Awesome way of cooking! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->
The Following User Says Thank You to cwymer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Finaleia has posted more than 200 great deals!Finaleia has posted more than 200 great deals!Finaleia has posted more than 200 great deals!
Eggs In Purgatory
Ingredients:
Spaghetti sauce, any flavor
Two eggs per person
Any spices you like in sauce
Shredded parmesan cheese
White or brown rice

1) In a large skillet, pour enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Season as desired then cook on medium heat until simmering.
2) Crack eggs into sauce, covering each with as much cheese as you like. Cover the pan and cook until egg whites are set or longer if you want your eggs more cooked.
3) Serve over white or brown rice. You can also use a crusty thick bread or noodles.

This is great for a quick and easy meal that's satisfying when served over rice.

Get out there and vote, no matter what your views! Your voice DOES count!
The Following User Says Thank You to Finaleia For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaleia View Post
Eggs In Purgatory
Ingredients:
Spaghetti sauce, any flavor
Two eggs per person
Any spices you like in sauce
Shredded parmesan cheese
White or brown rice

1) In a large skillet, pour enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Season as desired then cook on medium heat until simmering.
2) Crack eggs into sauce, covering each with as much cheese as you like. Cover the pan and cook until egg whites are set or longer if you want your eggs more cooked.
3) Serve over white or brown rice. You can also use a crusty thick bread or noodles.

This is great for a quick and easy meal that's satisfying when served over rice.
What an interesting, interesting receipe! I don't eat eggs so I will have to pass.

Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->