First Time Shopper At Aldi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!
First time Shopper at Aldi

So today will be my first time shopping at Aldi. I know that a lot of people say it is generally cheap. Is it only the stuff that is on the ad that is a good deal? Or are the rest of the things in the store at a great price? Do they have diapers, or paper towels?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floflolinda For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:53 AM

RE: First time Shopper at Aldi

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I usually buy my fruits and veggies from there. They have really good snacks also like clancys BBQ baked chips that are very comparable to the baked lays.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and married to Kevin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After taking a year off from couponing and living off of my stock pile, I am back and ready to save!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILove2Save For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!
Yes I always pricematch the produce from Aldi to Walmart, just last week I was excited to get a 3 lb bag of Gala apples for 1.89 , Walmart sells them for 3.67. It was a good deal for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to floflolinda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
The bread is usually good and priced around 0.99 for the whole wheat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lms28023 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Missing my mom

My Mood/Status:
tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tnyankee13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I always buy fruits and veggies too! They have a lot of great other things too at really good prices. They do have paper towels which are good. I'm not sure about the diapers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnyankee13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
yes I have actually been trying to find a good price on wheat bread, hopefully my local store has that price. I will definitely take a look at the paper towels. I am also hoping for a good price on meat and chicken.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
There are several threads on AFC about peoples favorite stuff. All the junk food is excellent. The coffees are really good as are most of the dairy products. For instance their margarine is 99 cents and is comparable to I Can't Believe It's Not Butter which is over $ 2.00 per tub. Their frozen Chinese meals are very good - just had chicken lo mein last night and it serves 4 and is $ 3.99 or less. Their cereals are generally made by Post and are pretty good (wish they still had the one that was like Apple Cinnamon Cheerios) and are a LOT cheaper than anywhere else. The frozen scallops are good as are the frozen fish. I don't buy a lot of meat so I don't know how theirs compares.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Check these links here on AFC and it should give you a good idea of the stores and don't forget your quarter for the shopping cart rental.

What's Your Favorite Aldi's Products?
Aldi's Brand vs Manufacturer Name
Aldi Info--Good things to know before you go :) (**UPDATED**)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
Great well we actually bought a lot of stuff, we spent about 122 bucks but we bought a lot of things we were running low on like coffee, pancake mix, cereal, paper towels and toilet paper. I did see a lot of nice prices like a 24 oz pkg of Tilapia for 4.99, ground Turkey 1.49 the 1lb roll, Whole Chicken .89/ lb . So far my husband has not complained he said the ice cream was great .

I also had to buy a jumbo pack of diapers because I only had 3 left at home. So I 'll post on here how those work out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floflolinda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
So my review on the Aldis Brand Diapers:

They were good, I did not have any leaks, and they were not deodorized but still were good at keeping the smell in. They also did not get any rashes but my kids use any brand. The jumbo pack of 27 was 5.49 for the Size 5 Diapers, so about 20 cents the diaper. I use Parents Choice from Walmart because it is the cheapest I find but I really needed diapers and my only stop that night was Aldi's.

So overall good the diapers was good for the price

** oh one thing I do not like from Aldi so far.....the cinnamon rolls , the icing tastes like marshmallow... I like marshmallow but not as a flavor ...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great review flofinda!!

I'm lucky that I'm out of the diaper stage but I loves me some cinnamon rolls. Now I know not to bother with the Aldi's brand. I, too, love marshmallow but I don't think I would enjoy it used as a topped for cinnamon rolls either!
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mrs.McSteph has posted more than 100 good deals!Mrs.McSteph has posted more than 100 good deals!
Actually, I usually buy everything I can at Aldi. I always look at my Kroger's ad (which is where I shop otherwise) to make sure they're not having some sort of sale that will make stuff lower in price, but Aldi's regular prices are definitely lower than Kroger's (on their store brand stuff).

I usually hit Aldi's every few weeks and I always make sure to pick up things like butter, cream cheese (my husband takes bagels to work for breakfast), coffee, garlic, onions, potatoes, to get us through the month, and then I also buy things like milk, half and half, eggs, and produce for the week as well. I've been very happy with everything I've purchased there! In fact, I've been much more impressed with the freshness of their produce compared to the stuff that I get at Kroger and it's less expensive!

Oh, a few other things that I've found to be a much better deal: Spices, Aldi's has their large spice containers for $1, all their baking stuff is cheaper too. They have frozen Tilapia in big value sized bags for a good price. Their ground beef is also cheaper and they've recently reduced the price of their cheese making it less expensive than I can find at Kroger on sale.

Basically, I've been happy with everything I've tried from Aldi's and their prices are great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.McSteph For This Useful Post: