Aldi's Brand Vs Manufacturer Name

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aldi's Brand vs Manufacturer Name

OK - so I have now been searching for HOURS to see if I can find a list somewhere... anywhere (!) of the brand name labels who manufacture Aldi's brand products. As of yet, I have not found one. BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP! If anyone finds a list, PLEASE let me know!

In the meantime - if you think you know, or have somehow figured out, who produces what product sold at Aldi's, please list it here with your source of info! I would prefer we just don't go by "Well, it tastes like such and such" because the way I taste Aldi's ketchup might be completely different than how you taste Aldi's ketchup! (For example ala scottd: if you find a product that's ingredients match up exactly or nearly the same, please let us know!)

MASTER LIST

Post = Millville Bran Flakes: Packaged by Ralston which is a subsidiary of Ralcorp Holdings which is a production company for POST!

V8 Fusion = Nature's Nectar Blendz. "The ingredients are literally the same" (Thanks Scottd09!)

Hellman's = Mayo

Malt-O-Meal = Oatmeal

Tyson = Chicken Breasts

Kellogg's = Nutrigrain Bars

Smuckers = Fit & Active Sugar Free Strawberry Jam

Idahoan Original = Chef's Cupboard boxed mashed potatoes (Same ingredients) (Thanks Scottd09!)

Idahoan Scalloped = Chef's Cupboard Scalloped (Same ingredients) (Thanks scottd09!)

ICBINB or Country Crock = Aldi's brand spreadable margarine. (We have a tie on ingredients unless someone can break it!) (Thanks Scottd09 and slance68!)

Wholly Guacamole = Benita Spicy Picante Guacamole (Thanks Scarecrow2012!)

National Beef = Fresh Ground Beef (Thanks ayalacooks!)

Domino Sugar = Aldi's brand (Thanks ayalacooks!)

Coke = Aldi's soda/pop brand (but with different recipe) (Thanks ayalacooks!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!

Last edited by Z and G's Mom; 02-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 PM

RE: Aldi's Brand vs Manufacturer Name

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
c0ri has posted more than 50 good deals
i'll look into this as well for ya.

Last edited by TJ_2008; 02-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c0ri For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 PM

GOONIES!

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok - I think I figured one out! PHEW!

Millville Bran Flakes: Packaged by Ralston which is a subsidiary of Ralcorp Holdings which is a production company for POST! This came from a blog post found here and some sleuthing on my part...

Here's a few more that I haven't been able to substantiate as of yet:

Hellman's = Mayo

Malt-O-Meal = Oatmeal

Tyson = Chicken Breasts

Kellogg's = Nutrigrain Bars
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm convinced that the Nature's Nectar Blendz is V8 Fusion. The ingredients are literally the same. I'm going to double check the ingredients order tomorrow when I go shopping.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 AM

GOONIES!

My Mood/Status:
Quotes from an interview with the head of Aldi in Australia...

"We want to offer superior value for money. How can you do that? We do it by selecting the number of, say, orange juices that we offer the customer.

"So what we do is pre-select the orange juice that we would like to offer our friends or guests at home. It's as simple as that. We benchmark that against the market leader, against the best quality in the market.

"That is something the Australian public had not seen before, I reckon."

Aldi gets sales figures of all products and then, with the help of independent analysis, gets manufacturers to replicate or improve on the market leaders in each product category.

Often a product at Aldi will be made by the manufacturer that makes the market-leading branded product that sells at a much higher price.

Aldi runs two internal sampling sessions a day and has outside consultants — "the best Australia has to offer", according to Kloeters — who advise Aldi about product quality.

Aldi prices are between 10% and 40% cheaper than the major chains.

Read more: Aldi's simple recipe for success

Very interesting article!
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 08:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Can we create a topic with a clear list?

It's not going to be very convenient to search through this thread looking. It would be better if we kept them in the first post I think.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:03 AM

GOONIES!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd09 View Post
Can we create a topic with a clear list?

It's not going to be very convenient to search through this thread looking. It would be better if we kept them in the first post I think.
Yup - going thru all the recent posts right now and copying them into the first post.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 05:53 AM

Scarecrow2012 has posted more than 25 good deals
I compared the ingredients from Benita spicy picante guacamole and they are identical to Wholly Guacamole spicy. Tasted the same too. Yummm

Last edited by Scarecrow2012; 02-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarecrow2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 01:21 PM

hockeymomdeb has posted more than 1 good deal
My 19 year old son just made fun of us for having aldi mayo, as he was above eating it, (don't worry, we told him to go eat his own food, then.) Had to laugh out loud when I read that the mayo was Hellman's!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 AM

BeachPeach has posted more than 100 good deals!BeachPeach has posted more than 100 good deals!
Hot Quess The MFG Game!

This should be really fun!

As you know, Aldi's contracts with the major manufacturers in the country to produce their label. The major grocery retailers do the same thing for their store brands.

The object of this game is to guess who makes the Aldi's brands!
It's easy with some things because packaging is a tell-tale sign, but quality plays a part too.

I'll start:

Happy Farms Spreadable Cheese wedges = Laughing Cow
Canned Green Beans = Del Monte
Most boxed cereals = Kelloggs

Please add your own!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeachPeach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I'm curious about it and would love to know.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Fun thread! The organic apple sauce from trader joes
The Following User Says Thank You to tfey67 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Their chewy bars (guess)are they Quaker? My kids lovem'. Their granola bars taste just like natural valley, peanut butter kind are a staple in this house.
I don't know why the sweepstakes icon popped up?

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"

Last edited by cwymer; 10-02-2013 at 04:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnimae View Post
Their chewy bars (guess)are they Quaker? My kids lovem'. Their granola bars taste just like natural valley, peanut butter kind are a staple in this house.
I don't know why the sweepstakes icon popped up?
Who knows what happened, oh well, I fixed it for you

The 2014 Nashville area Entertainment Coupon Book is here! --->
The Following User Says Thank You to cwymer For This Useful Post: