What's Your Favorite Aldi's Products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 PM

RE: What's Your Favorite Aldi's Products?

is hunting for good deals!

My Mood/Status:
laffinallthewaytothebank has posted more than 400 great deals!laffinallthewaytothebank has posted more than 400 great deals!laffinallthewaytothebank has posted more than 400 great deals!laffinallthewaytothebank has posted more than 400 great deals!laffinallthewaytothebank has posted more than 400 great deals!
Ran in yesterday to pick up milk, eggs, yogurt, and whole wheat bread. Found Florida strawberries .99 and grabbed four of them!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

arkansasmama08 has posted more than 5 good deals
We buy their whole frozen chickens and ground turkey. The turkey is $1.69/lb. anywhere else around here it's $3-4!! It's about an hour away but so worth the drive!!
The Following User Says Thank You to arkansasmama08 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM

Per DH: Queen of Couponia

My Mood/Status:
jds3 has posted more than 150 good deals!jds3 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Ok, there are 8 pages of this thread, did not read ALL of this so I don't know if someone else has mentioned the new Simply Organic line that they have recently offered. They have organic canned tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, organic raw milk cheese and organic frozen berries. My store had these and have sold out, I don't know if it was a special buy or if they plan on continuing to offer these products. Anyone know? I just went to their site and emailed them some positive feedback regarding this line of food. Hoping they keep it!
Also, we love that they have been consistently carrying the brand name Lifeway Kefir! My family loves it and I believe drinking it consistently has been part of the reason why we have been pretty healthy this flu/cold season. Our price is $2.79 at Aldi and at another grocery store in town their price is $3.79 and higher!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Lovin' the deals!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
The Following User Says Thank You to jds3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Chicken Noodle/Rice Soup
Chef's Cupboard Chicken Bouillon cubes
Canned Fruit: Fruit Cocktail, Mandarin Oranges, Pineapples and Pears
Lunch Buddies Fruit Cups: Mandarin Oranges and Pears
Aldi's Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Delight Natural Peanut Butter
Baker's Corner Cake Mix
Clancy's Pretzels
Clancy's Nacho Tortilla Chips
Clancy's Tortilla Chips (Rounds)
Chicken and Dumplings
Beef Stew
French Toast
Belmont Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Buttermilk Pancakes
Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Oat Bran Bread
Sandwich Thins
I rarely drink soda now but Sweet Valley is the best store brand orange soda!

Last edited by purplerain; 12-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplerain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
So I tried the fit and active pizza hot pocket item. did not like the bread was way to thick and the just didnt compare to hotpockets brand.

Also tried the frozen buffalo and bbq wings. just sick. they are full of fatty skin and no meat. will be taking those back for a refund.

I did try the reg and coconut shrimp in the frozen section. They were very good!

Working mommy to 6yr old
and 7mth old
;
Mr. Jericho and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar; 02-25-2013 at 06:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I love their Chuck Roasts in the meat dept. I usually can grab a 1.5ishlb roast for $5-6 and they have always turned out amazing in the slow cooker! Not too much fat either (the dog's upset about that LOL).
There are MANY other products that are awesome there. Even got my name brand buying sister and converting my mom to switch.
Love their version of Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges I think they're $1.99, and brand name is $4+ elsewhere! I'll only buy brand name if its cheaper (w/coupons) than Aldi. Also a plus, my Aldi is right across from CVS which is very convenient!

Mama to outgoing 5 y.o. DS

"Never let the fear of striking out hold you back"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elle13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We love:

Vanilla Almond Milk
Produce
Pizza Bagels (pretty good considering the price difference)
Shredded Cheeses
Eggs
Salsa
Spaghetti Sauce
Milk
Waffles
Certain Fruit Snacks
Breakfast Sausages
Center Cut Bacon (soo much cheaper too)

And more I can't think of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Remy3188 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
digby723 has posted more than 300 great deals!digby723 has posted more than 300 great deals!digby723 has posted more than 300 great deals!digby723 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Our Staples:

-bagels
-canned beans
-chili mix packets
-lasagna noodles
-milk (if we haven't gone to costco for it)
-cream cheese
-SPICES (soooooo cheap!)
-brown sugar
-beef & chicken broth (I'll buy vegetable broth if I can find it, but I've gotten better name brand deals on this lately)
-cream of whatevers
-canned green beans and corn
-tomato sauce and paste and canned diced tomatoes (cheapest in our area by far for all 3)
-Cheese, either by the block of shredded.
-deli meat in the plastic bags (not in the containers)
-oreos (I honestly think these taste the same, my sister begs to differ by I'm not picky )
-cookies, but only the mini ones with the frosting on top. These are SO GOOD!
-canned pumpkin
-their version of cool whip
-vanilla extract
-sour cream
-vinegar (I used it to freeze with lemon/orange rinds and run it through my garbage disposal).
-fresh produce (normally will always pick up onions, potatoes, peppers, sometimes bananas, although now they have organic bananas at my store so I'll probably get them from here from now on, tomatoes maybe, sometimes I buy these at Costco instead).

In a bind/if I'm too lazy to go to another store, I'll buy some of the other stuff that we've tried before but prefer to buy elsewhere due to price, like their pasta. I normally stock up at Costco when it's on sale but we like to make lasagna soup a lot and their lasagna noodles are a great deal. We're total condiment snobs though, so I've never tried most of that stuff, although we bought their tartar sauce and I liked it enough that I'd buy it again. I'd probably buy more of their bread products if it weren't for my sister who I live with since she's a vegetarian and not all of their items are marked for her to eat. It's so weird, the bagels and the english muffins + the sub rolls are are all marked and she can eat them, but she can't eat their sliced bread or hamburger and hot dog rolls. She can also eat most of their sweets, but the other bread items have sugar/aren't marked.
The Following User Says Thank You to digby723 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HFeathers has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Aldi is not in my regular store rotation but I have been stopping in if I am randomly passing one. I usually grab eggs (@ half the price of regular grocery), paper plates and bags of potatoes and onions. Last time there I got a 3 pack of green peppers for $1!!! We have also tried and liked their mini bagels, beef jerky and marshmallows. Next time there I'm going to give their cranberry juice and ice cream bars a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to HFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 AM

barbshop has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm a pretty tried-and-true coupon shopper, so I understand that many items that Aldi's sells in their generic forms can be purchased in brand names less expensively with coupons ...

With that being said, what we almost always buy at Aldi's is ...

Clancy snacks - tortilla chips (so inexpensive and very similar to Tostitos and in my opinion - I like them even better, crisper and lighter, but as a warning they might not stand up to '7 layer dip')

Clancy snacks - pretzel sticks, and mini pretzels - so, so much cheaper even than grocery store generics when not on sale

Clancy snacks - multi-grain chips, my younger daughter loves these

Trail mix - snack-size individual bags sold by the registers, in the pre-school season they sell them in boxes and they are even cheaper

Raisins - my daughter says these are hit and mix - sometimes they are great - soft and sweet - and sometimes they seem a little stale - this holds true for the 6 box packs and the larger boxes

Brown sugar

Tortillas - flour - their own brand (Casita is the name perhaps??) -- they used to sell jarred jalapenos -- miss these ... - taco seasoning is good, hard tortilla shells are pretty good, but smaller than the 'national brands'

Bread - their store-brand breads are good - we have tried many types

Frozen fruit - this is one of the items that keeps us coming back again and again and again - 1 lb. bag of frozen strawberries are only $1.99, way below national brand prices - we keep them in the freezer for smoothies and topping ice cream - we also like the bluberries ($2.49 per bag, I think) and mixed fruits

Taquitos - I'm pretty sure they are made by Jose Ole - and the Aldi's regular price is similar to grocery store once/2 month sale prices

Other items we grab if we need them ...
Apple juice
Yogurt - regular, light, greek
Hummus
Salsa - fresh only - we DO NOT like the jarred salsa
Sandwich bags
Potato chips - I'm pretty sure they are Lays, not our preferred brand, but okay in a pinch
frozen vegetables'

faux 'Laughing Cow wedges'

What I will NEVER buy again ...

their dry-roasted peanuts -- they are almost un-salted

MY TIP -- always look in the 'middle' of the store - this is where my store puts the 'sale' and 'limited time' items - I have gotten some great buys here - as an example great roasted red peppers for .99 - some items are seasonal, but others seem to wind up here of NO reason

Last edited by barbshop; 03-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to barbshop For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
their frozen breaded shrimp and coconut shrimp are awesome! 2.99 for 12 pieces per box. bake them in the oven. just as crunchy as deep frying...

Working mommy to 6yr old
and 7mth old
;
Mr. Jericho and
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
rittek has posted more than 50 good deals
Ever since I posted a few weeks back that I hadn't ever bought anything at Aldi, since then I have been going in there at least twice a week for produce and chips and salsa! We always get their bananas, mandarins and apples and also the tortilla chips and mild or medium salsa. Delicious!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rittek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 AM

smileyfacewi has posted more than 75 good deals!
I love thief frozen chicken boneless breasts , 5.49 a bag and about 6 nice sized breasts in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to smileyfacewi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Nikki

My Mood/Status:
chloebug709 has posted more than 200 great deals!chloebug709 has posted more than 200 great deals!chloebug709 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I love Aldi!!! some of our favs are:
pork egg rolls
burman brand cocktail sauce (it's not spicy)
apple juice
Center cut bacon
Ranch dressing
French vanilla cappuccino
Fresh chicken salad
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi

I love their steak sauce (generic version of A1) and a lot cheaper at $1.29/per bottle. I buy at least 2 cases when we are shopping for bulk items. Use it in beef soups, marinades, and bbq sauces too. Same ingredients as A1 sauce and no high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).

We also love their bacon bits, cheese, queso cheese blocks, whole wheat gnocchi, pasta sauces (marinara), pasta noodles, German candies, and other items.

Foodie (Katie)

Last edited by foodie; 04-15-2013 at 06:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to foodie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
moonrise has posted more than 100 good deals!moonrise has posted more than 100 good deals!
Spiral-sliced ham (YUM!!!)
Chips
Staples like sugar, flour, eggs, cake mixes, powdered milk
Pork chops
Hamburger Helper-type dinners
Macaroni & cheese
All their canned veggies, tomato paste/sauce, etc.
Diet sodas (wish they had a caffeine-free variety, and wish they had it in 2-liter bottles, though)
Pasta, rice, dry beans

We also like watching for mark-downs on their non-food row. Hubby recently got a $50 aluminum cart that was marked down $19. He uses it to move his welder around.

And I like how fast you can get in and out of the store, even when they're crowded.

And I also like how the store manager personally greets us when we come in. That guy is all over the store, doing whatever needs to be done, even if it's something that a regular employee would normally do (stocking the store, running the cash register, sweeping, etc.). If there's ever a problem, he'll make it right, and THEN some. He even surprised us with a discount once. SUPER-nice guy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonrise For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM

ingirl has posted more than 50 good deals
I just went for the week in which German foods are offered and for all my fellow Germans out there, the Braunschweiger tastes like yummy liver sausage and is soft enough to spread. The bavarian pretzels are really authentic tasting and not as dense as 'super pretzel' brand pretzels...the red cabbage is good also, doesn't even need to cook forever for maximum yumminess..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ingirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 03:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Fenoari has posted more than 50 good deals
I have read through all the posts before me and although I saw many references to spaghetti sauce no one mentioned the PESTO!!! I go there specifically to stock up on it. They have regular basil pesto (no nuts in case your allergic) and a sun dried tomato pesto. Both are wonderful and only $1.99 a jar.
Of course I always end up with a full cart of produce, canned pineapple, corned beef hash and lots of dairy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenoari For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 PM

did awesome at goodwill today!

My Mood/Status:
foxieangel130 has posted more than 150 good deals!foxieangel130 has posted more than 150 good deals!
We've been pretty happy with everything we've tried at aldi's but our favorite items by far are the potstickers and the individual cheesecake slices. I just wish they carried them year round! Loved the lime tortilla chips too the one time I found them.

Carrie
Old 05-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am trying to get the courage up to buy ice cream in the cartons. I'm a HUGE Bryers fan and ice cream is my weakness.

Who has tried Aldi's ice cream? and Would you buy it again? TIA

!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwymer View Post
I am trying to get the courage up to buy ice cream in the cartons. I'm a HUGE Bryers fan and ice cream is my weakness.

Who has tried Aldi's ice cream? and Would you buy it again? TIA
I recently tried Cookies and Cream and loved it! I would definitely buy again if I needed to satisfy a C & C craving frugally.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I tried the moose tracks, yummy!

!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Wolfman278 has posted more than 1 good deal
We love the Aldi's ice cream. I like the moose tracks, but I wish they had more variety. We don't always want the same couple of flavors. Definitely would buy again.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
I tried the cookie dough ice cream.. its so creamy and had alot of the cookie dough in it. It is as good as any name brand...

Working mommy to 6yr old
and 7mth old
;
Mr. Jericho and
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
The vanilla is good too. The color has a yellow tint. I was making sundaes & DS wanted to know what was wrong with it,

!