Upcoming Aldi Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
sleepy but excited

My Mood/Status:
jacobsyaya has posted more than 5 good deals
Help Sign Upcoming Aldi store

Hi, I'm kinda of new to this thread thing so bear with me please. Not to used to computers either. That is so sad. Anyway a new Aldi is being built right around the corner from me and I was just wanting to know what anyone can tell me about this store. We have lots of shopping within walking distance , but I am thrilled to be able to not have to shop at the same grocery store just because it's the closest. My favorite grocery store (Publix) is all the way across town and even though I love the cleanliness and great customer service ; it's not always possible to get there.If anyone shops Aldi please feel free to give me some pointers before it gets here. Thanks....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacobsyaya For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:29 PM

RE: Upcoming Aldi store

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aldi has the cheapest price on milk and produce in our area. Good thing about it is when they advertise this in their ads, then I can ad match at SWM. I like their brand of frozen tilapia and pink salmon, too.

One downside to Aldi shopping for me is they don't take coupons and most of the brands they carry has no coupons available, anyway

Overall, I hope you like your Aldi, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 02:47 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Their quality has been good, the basics are better prices than store/generic brands w/o coupons at other places. At mine, the customer service has always been great, I get the sense they must treat their employees well just because they generally seem happy to be dealing with customers (as opposed to looking dead tired or checking the clock and telling the bagger how many more minutes til their shift is over).

I don't fault employees at other stores for acting that way, just saying the aldi cashiers seem to be in a better work environment. Maybe it's because the stores are a little smaller so the staff is more like a community than assembly line drones. It might also be just a super management team at my local store.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
another thing, at Alsi, you drop in a quarter to use their cart. They do NOT provide shopping bags. as well. You have to come in with your own reusable bags or there are plenty of boxes available there that you can use to carry items you bought and bring them to your vehicle.

They only take DC or cash as mode of payment in our area. Although they will accept CCs, you pay a certain surcharge to use it.

when you're done shopping and you return the cart to the corral, you get your quarter back. If you leave it anywhere else, then you forfeit your quarter. Most often, you'll find incoming customers who will give you a quarter before you return the cart.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I go to Aldi's I usually just put my groceries in my reuseable bag while I am shopping - then checking out, then I don't have to bother with doing the carts (cold outside in Minnesota winter!).
The Following User Says Thank You to priscillamylove For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM

I need a coupon for stress relief!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not sure if it is just the ones around here or if it is all of them or not. But ours only accepts cash or debit card for payment. No checks or credit cards. And like others have said the quarter for the cart, resuable bags or boxes to take home your purchase and no coupons.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
They have a really nice website you can browse that to get alot of info, the parent company is German based and also owns Trader Joes. Although it is a very basic no thrills store, you can often find alot of european speciality items. Right now they have awesome european chocolate specials for the holidays. They also usually have the best price on produce-you have to buy carefully as quality can be hit or miss, same as any other store. The mango-passionfruit fruit spread is the best jam I have ever had anywhere. It is absolutely sinful on a ritz cracker with cream cheese.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frugalista mom to:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD(12),
DS(9),
DD(8), Twin Girls (7)
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have just started to go back to Aldi since my normal stores have been having such lousy deals lately. You CAN drop a lot of money there because you'll find so many cheap items. yes, you can't use coupons, but you'll see a bunch of stuff that even with a sale and coupon you can't get a good price on in the stores. Aldi has great prices on some stuff, and not so good prices on other stuff. Another way they keep their prices down is that everything is still in the boxes and so they don't need a lot of stock people to put the stuff out on the shelves like regular grocery stores do. Milk is a good price usually - i've found egg's better price on sale elsewhere. I got yogurt for $.37 each which isn't great, but not horrible either. Marshmallows for $.88 (i think) - all kinds of chips for $1.29 (for pretty big bags). They have frozen items as well like chicken and pizza fish and hamburgers etc etc. It's smaller than the regular markets, but it probably has just about everything you need. I'll buy some staples at Aldi now to save some money.
The Following User Says Thank You to stefani1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Go to their website and sign up for their weekly ads. They sometimes give out coupons for new stores opening in an area. I go there for lots of stuff - love their salsa, yogurt, eggs, butter - 99 cents and tastes just like "I can't believe it's not butter". Check the other threads in the Aldi section here that will give you a idea of the type of products and what everyone likes. Their cereals are also very good and very inexpensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Supporting Member

jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jessl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love Aldi. We basically use it as our "needs" store. I use my coupons at Shaws and Stop and Shop but only buy the things that are the best deal that week in quantity. Then everything we don't have stocked up gets bought at Aldi. I find their prices to be about 50% of the regular non-sale price at Shaws. So if you don't want to spend a lot of time couponing and you arent' brand loyal you can just get most of what you need at Aldi and still cut your grocery bill way down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM

shopcentz has posted more than 1 good deal
Anyone in the Worcester, MA area? They are building an Aldi's on Lincoln Street - almost directly across from Stop and Shop, but it seems to be taking a loooooooooooong time. I can't wait to check it out.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM

vanessajoparker has posted more than 100 good deals!vanessajoparker has posted more than 100 good deals!
they have kid friendly cholesterol free cereal... my dd hates special k, so we get this cereal that looks and tastes like fruit loops...
Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM

davidson99
the worcester one should be open around spring time
Old 02-13-2011, 07:39 PM

thunderbolt39 has posted more than 10 good deals
crystal is opening one also
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
bumperchic has posted more than 300 great deals!bumperchic has posted more than 300 great deals!bumperchic has posted more than 300 great deals!bumperchic has posted more than 300 great deals!
I love Aldi's. Make sure you have a quarter for a cart, your own bags (they charge if you need a bag) and cash. Our Aldi only takes cash or debit and no coupons.