How Do You Guys Do It?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

feeltheBTrush has posted more than 10 good deals
How do you guys do it?

I've only tried shopping at my Albertsons once and I don't know how you can get a good deal there. IMO it's too expensive and I would much rather go to say Walmart or Target. How are you guys finding deals?
The Following User Says Thank You to feeltheBTrush For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 PM

RE: How do you guys do it?

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have had the same experience as you! Alberstons is hugely pricy, that is for sure but it is also a mecca for some of the more hardcore couponers. I have a dear friend that coupons there on the regular and she goes to lengths I simply don't have the patience for. If I did, I'd have a much bigger stockpile and a lot more money in my pocket! I think its all about how far you are willing to go and how thin you're willing to stretch yourself. During the summer, albies had a 1/1 pantry essentials q for any item of 1.00 or more and I swear I spent my entire summer there week to week gathering key items (pasta, beans, some condiments, rice) for my stockpile until that q expired. They were limit one per transaction so that meant I did a lot of back to back transactions, getting out of line to get back into line and so on but I ended up with a lot of good stuff to show for all my hard work! Doublers and round up are just as fruitful but come with a lot of need for planning and patience. Albertsons is not something *I* would personally recommend a brand new couponer attempt. Its better to get started with easier stores, get comfortable in your skin and work your way up to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 PM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2midwife
I have had the same experience as you! Alberstons is hugely pricy, that is for sure but it is also a mecca for some of the more hardcore couponers. I have a dear friend that coupons there on the regular and she goes to lengths I simply don't have the patience for. If I did, I'd have a much bigger stockpile and a lot more money in my pocket! I think its all about how far you are willing to go and how thin you're willing to stretch yourself. During the summer, albies had a 1/1 pantry essentials q for any item of 1.00 or more and I swear I spent my entire summer there week to week gathering key items (pasta, beans, some condiments, rice) for my stockpile until that q expired.
Where would I be able to find this coupon? Seems like having that would make it worth it to shop there.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I used to love Albertsons when they had doubles but for some weird reason they haven't had those in weeks. Hmmmm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(15)
(13):
9and 6

:
The Following User Says Thank You to 5forme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 08:24 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
That coupon is no longer available. Last summer it was in a special gaming booklet inside the store, easy for anyone to find/obtain. You just have to keep an eye on it and be ready to strike when the deals appear.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 PM

Mulah Saving Mom!

mwith1l has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5forme View Post
I used to love Albertsons when they had doubles but for some weird reason they haven't had those in weeks. Hmmmm
They are under new ownership and have discontinued the TTV coupns or doublers. They will also discontinue the Rewards card so you won't need the card to get the sale price. You would just use it to collect points for gas rewards and such.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwith1l For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 04:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Ya I wont shop there anymore!!
(15)
(13):
9and 6

:
The Following User Says Thank You to 5forme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwith1l

They are under new ownership and have discontinued the TTV coupns or doublers. They will also discontinue the Rewards card so you won't need the card to get the sale price. You would just use it to collect points for gas rewards and such.
What are ttv coupons?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 PM

Mulah Saving Mom!

mwith1l has posted more than 5 good deals
TTV stands for Twice The Value or basically "doublers". Twice The Value is what Albertson's called them.
The Following User Says Thank You to mwith1l For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
I got the new sale flyer for albies and was super impressed with some of the prices.. especially their $1 produce options!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I stopped shopping there regularly after they stopped having double qs, I only shop there if there's a killer deal on something that I actually want in my stockpile...like the albertsons ice cream deal 1/$1.88, I think it was, limit 2, can't find ice cream cheaper than that without a q...then there was the week they had sausage on sale for I think it was $2, -qs made it even cheaper than my personal stockup price...most weeks I shop @ safeway or winco now ...really miss the albies doublers - I guess I'm basically boycotting them now
Old 07-28-2013, 02:02 PM

chevchic64 has posted more than 300 great deals!chevchic64 has posted more than 300 great deals!chevchic64 has posted more than 300 great deals!chevchic64 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I shop 3 stores....Alberstons, Staters and Sprouts. I refuse to do big box stores. I want to support ACTUAL grocery stores with knowledgeable staff that can answer my questions. (see: produce manager picked out the BEST tasting watermelon for me that I have ever had!) I compare the 3 stores ads when they come out and pick/choose what to buy from which stores. I get a lot of good deals at all 3 of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to chevchic64 For This Useful Post: