Missing $15 Catalina, What Would You Do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Missing $15 Catalina, what would you do?

OK--So I was SO psyched for the buy $30/get $15 catalina, I poured over the circular and made up a rockin' scenario so I would hit $30, I actually went for $32 just to be safe (before Qs) and headed to the Albertson's last night to make some magic happen LOL.

Anyhoo--got all my items (except I had to sub extra Chex Mix and extra Green Giant veggies since they were out of Q-Tips), got my Qs organized (I had a $5 catalina from a prior trip, plus several Qs for the participating items---progresso soups, cheerios, yoplait, kleenex-- and some non-deal items that I added on $1.99 kellogg's cinnabon bars w/$1 off Qs, steamfresh veggies) and made my way to the checkout.

Of course at the checkout my two kids started getting absolutely WILD, one riling up the other and then the second spilling pretzels all over --so unfortunately I was dealing with that and lost focus. Plus then the cashier made some key code error and halfway through it wouldn't take ANY of the Qs so I was watching her deal with that (finally she worked it out and got the rest of the Qs in). At one point I did see the register start spitting out catalinas so I thought that I had gotten the $15 coupon, my final OOP after coupons was $24.47 so I was feeling pretty snazzy...the cashier tore off the long tape for me, folded it over and handed it to me, and I was glad to make it out of there before the kids did any more damage!

Unfortunately (and you knew this was coming LOL) when I got home and was ready to file the catalina for future use with my Albertson's store Qs I realized that I had NOT gotten the catalina (instead I got one $1 on Campbell's Select Soups and then a $5 off an Entertainment book ).

Now I don't know what to do--did I miss the deal because I used Qs and brought my total down below $30 (I thought I read elsewhere that the cat would print as soon as the items totaled $30 on the Albie's preferred customer price--before Qs)? I feel like if I go back and show my receipt to Customer Service that I'll hear that I'm not entitled to it since I q'ed the total below $30. If I should have gotten the cat I am kicking myself for not realizing it then and there!! Obviously it is frustrating when you take so much time making up your scenario/matching the Qs, making the trip and then NOT getting the deal that was the whole reason for the trip!! UGH.

So if you have hung in there and read this whole long rant, what would you do? PLEASE advise, thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM

RE: Missing $15 Catalina, what would you do?

AFC Star Member

Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I would go back in and talk to your customer service people and explain the situation. Some of the products are not coded properly at my store, which is probably what happened to you. Bummer though!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stingy Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 PM

firmbeliever has posted more than 200 great deals!firmbeliever has posted more than 200 great deals!firmbeliever has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had this happen tonight and went to customer service and after a lengthy delay got a $15 gift certificate finally. There seem to be a lot of problems with this promo so I would for sure give them a call and explain the situation. The girl at my albies started with the "did you use coupons" and I strongly stated that it NEVER matters with this type of promo, and she checked with the manager who backed this up.

Something odd though, a lady in front of me did the promo with mayo, and it printed 3 $5 OYNO coupons, not one $15 cat. She rolled the deal 4 times, so I am certain it rolls - but she wasn't using any other coupons, so I am not sure how it would roll if you had Qs for each item.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firmbeliever For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM

oliverbrew has posted more than 75 good deals!
I am just getting my list together and was wondering about the wording in the ad, but from looking at some blogs, I agree it does look like $30 before coups, so if you call the Catalina corp, they could help or at least tell you if something was marked wrong, in which case then you'd need to roll back into Albies.
The Following User Says Thank You to oliverbrew For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 PM

AFC Star Member

Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Stingy Diva has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've gotten the $15 back in the form of 3 $5 catalinas. That's pretty typical for this type of promo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stingy Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Rainydayzgirl has posted more than 1 good deal
I would go back and say something. I have done that sale 6 times at different times and days. Almost everytime I go through I have that problem. The total needs to be 30 after your albt. card and before Man. coupons. They spit out late, so they could have been handed to the next customer by mistake. (that happened twice. I made them make a dummy order to get them to me!). Make certain you have the correct items. I messed up on the crescent rolls and the cottenelle flushable wipes. The cereal will through it off too if you have the wrong ounce on the cocoa puffs.
I would go back and explain the issue. The kids were distracting and you just didn't get them. They can (and probably will) re-ring an item to make them spit out. FYI-18 BC potatoes work the best. Exact 30$. Good Luck!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainydayzgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Rainydayzgirl has posted more than 1 good deal
I would go back and say something. I have done that sale 6 times at different times and days. Almost everytime I go through I have that problem. The total needs to be 30 after your albt. card and before Man. coupons. They spit out late, so they could have been handed to the next customer by mistake. (that happened twice. I made them make a dummy order to get them to me!). Make certain you have the correct items. I messed up on the crescent rolls and the cottenelle flushable wipes. The cereal will through it off too if you have the wrong ounce on the cocoa puffs.
I would go back and explain the issue. The kids were distracting and you just didn't get them. They can (and probably will) re-ring an item to make them spit out. FYI-18 BC potatoes work the best. Exact 30$. Good Luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rainydayzgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 PM

nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks all!!

Since I now have the doublers (only good through Tues) from today's paper, I will probably go back tomorrow anyway, so I might as well give it a whirl and see what happens at CS. **Fingers crossed!!**
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 AM

is a total COUPON JUNKIE!
cruisin' the boards waiting on my next fix...

My Mood/Status:
TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TheSoCalMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Absolutely go back and say something. My (3) $5's didn't print last night but I grabbed one wrong item in the whole bunch causing the no print. My transactions have all been $30 BEFORE coupons and I have gotten the $15 back each time.

Let them know the kids were getting wild and that you missed that it did not print. They were able to force one out for me last night.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Looking4Deals

My Mood/Status:
looking4deals has posted more than 75 good deals!
Go back and talk to customer service and bring your receipt. Usually they are pretty good about helping out...at least my Albertsons is. And it doesn't have to be after coupons. My first transaction was $19 OOP after q's and then rolled cats w/ coupons for OOP of $2, $3 and $5.

GOOD LUCK!
The Following User Says Thank You to looking4deals For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Didn't make it in today---got distracted at TRU buying Hasbro toys (working a $10 GC deal AND rebates made my head hurt, LOL)...have to go in tomorrow since I still have doublers to use
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM

bncobabe has posted more than 1 good deal
i work for albertsons. the total has to be 30 not only before coupons but also before tax. good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bncobabe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM

I went in this afternoon--explained to the VERY NICE gal at CS what happened. She looked at my receipt and said that it did qualify, but that they had been having troubles with the cats and that she wasn't sure if it was just slow (and they went to the next person by mistake) or if perhaps the Qs had thrown it off (even though it was OK so long as the pre-Q/post-preferred card total was >$30.) Anyhoo--she did a mock transaction and gave me the cats

So then since I was there, I thought why not try for one more since it's the end of the week LOL? Although so many of the items were out I had to keep subbing in other stuff from my original scenario and retotaling (No $.99 kleenex, no Progresso broth, No YoPlus yogurt, only peas on the Green Giant, LOL--I even snagged the LAST box of cheerios and cinn toast crunch) I guess everyone was loving this deal as much as I was?

I ended up remembering to grab 2 chex mixes (chocolate turtle--yum!!) on the way to the checkout so I went over ($34) and then Q'ed the total down to $22, used the cats that CS was kind enough to give me and was OOP $7!!! Plus the $15 in new cats (the CS gal actually came over and rang me out so I was sure to get them--SO nice of her!! ) that I will use next week to finish my Thanksgiving Shopping List (already have the shelf stable stuff, just need the perishables and the turkey lurkey! )

Thanks for all the help everyone--I'm still pretty new at this but definitely learned to check the cats before going out the door from now on!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM

happy

My Mood/Status:
kpoll19 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have a question - someone recently told me that the $30 was based on the regular price of the item, not the sale price. Is this correct?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:21 PM

AFC Star Member

Not at my store. That would have been awesome!