My Trip Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Catalina My Trip today

I just got back from grocery shopping and I am just starting the grocery list right now but I wanted to share some deals before I forgot:
After Q's
Mtn. Dew Free
Sobe Life Free
Easy Mac .19cents each
Sargento shredded cheese 1.00
Bounty single role .79
C&h Powdered sugar (2 lbs) 1.19
Wacky Mac .25

If you want to know which q's I used to get these just comment and I will tell you.

With the easy mac I just collect the coupons from their stands everytime I got (they are always different) I was lucky enough to find a .55cents off two. With doubles I paid .19cents for them each. I only had 5 Q's so I got 10 there were some Q's in the easy mac stand again today for $1 off 5 but the doubling doesn't really help this deal so that would make them .49cents each.

Another note I got a catalina for $1.50 off 2 cambells microwavable bowls Well those are just $1.00 this week so that would make them .25cents each, I am pretty sure it was the easy mac that gave me the catalina because its usually a competitor and they are both for the microwave so that might be worth just getting an easy mac just to get the catalina.

Now I am off to work on the shopping list
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miriamkt For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM

RE: My Trip today

katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
About collecting the coupons from the dispensers--most of the ones I've gotten lately say DO NOT DOUBLE or STORE COUPON DO NOT DOUBLE. Not all are like that, but most of them. Is that what you are seeing as well? I'm just figuring out the double/triple thing and an feeling annoyed that these won't double!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katie a. For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 PM

jesme has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quick question. So if a q is .55 off will it take off $1.00 or will it double to $1.10 or will it just take .55 off?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 PM

jesme has posted more than 75 good deals!
Sorry. Got a couple more questions. If I use the .25 off bounty q will it give me overage of .21? Which q did you use to get the free sobe?
The Following User Says Thank You to jesme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:45 AM

is a coupon addict!

My Mood/Status:
mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie a. View Post
About collecting the coupons from the dispensers--most of the ones I've gotten lately say DO NOT DOUBLE or STORE COUPON DO NOT DOUBLE. Not all are like that, but most of them. Is that what you are seeing as well? I'm just figuring out the double/triple thing and an feeling annoyed that these won't double!
The "Do Not Double" is from the manufactuer's side, the manufacturer will only redeem coupons at face value. When Albertson's doubles coupons, they take the hit for the extra amount off, as a store discount. Therefore, those coupons should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsninavilla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesme View Post
Quick question. So if a q is .55 off will it take off $1.00 or will it double to $1.10 or will it just take .55 off?
If I'm correct, they will double up to 1.00. So if the q is .55 then they will add a .45 to make it 1.00.

They wont give overage - machine (where i am in AZ) is programmed not to go over the total cost of the item.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommyof1beauty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:48 AM

is a coupon addict!

My Mood/Status:
mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrsninavilla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
It will take off an additional 45 cents. At Albertson's, coupons with a face value of less than $1 are rounded up to $1 or the price of the item.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 AM

is a coupon addict!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Sorry. Got a couple more questions. If I use the .25 off bounty q will it give me overage of .21? Which q did you use to get the free sobe?
Go to ::: BUILDING YOUR DESTINY IS NOW EASIER ::: for the Sobe q.

The Bounty is priced at $1.79, so use the 25 cent q and it's 79 cents.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM

miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!miriamkt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
thanks Mrsninavilla and mommyof1beauty for answering all the questions. Has anyone found anymore deals?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
kyaews has posted more than 75 good deals!
My store does not double do not double coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsninavilla View Post
The "Do Not Double" is from the manufactuer's side, the manufacturer will only redeem coupons at face value. When Albertson's doubles coupons, they take the hit for the extra amount off, as a store discount. Therefore, those coupons should work.
Whenever my Albies doubles, they NEVER double any of the coupons that say do not double. The coupon beeps and then the cashier puts it in as a coupon that should not double... this happened to me last week. I was supposed to pay just about nothing for groceries and ended up paying $8. It bothered me, but I thought "Oh well, the coupon says it, so I can't be mad." But are they really supposed to double even when the coupons say not to? If so who should I talk to about this? Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to kyaews For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2009, 10:01 AM

katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I was very annoyed with my Albertson's last night. I went in for the "3 Blue Bunny items for $10" and had two $1/1 coupons I printed from the Blue Bunny site. That brought it down to a decent price. I don't usually pay that much for ice cream, but Blue Bunny is really good. Anyway, the checker scrutinized the second coupon and then told me I couldn't use it because it was the same serial number as the other one. The checker called the manager over and she did and said the same thing and basically accused me of printing off as many as I wanted or maybe copying it on a copier. She said if they submitted both coupons they'd only be paid on one.

Um . . . if I could have printed as many as I wanted, wouldn't I have printed one for EACH ITEM I had, not just two??? And what about the hundreds of thousands of coupons from the Sunday inserts, all with the same serial number? Are you telling me only the first coupon that makes it back to the manufacturer is going to be paid and all the rest will be rejected because they all have the same number on them?

It was completely ridiculous and ruined the fun of getting a great bargain on things my family will love. I'm off to call them and hope to talk to a different manager about what happened.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 PM

A follow up from above: I called and spoke to the manager. He apologized for the way it was handled, listened to my explanation, I listened to his, and he asked me to speak to him the next time I come in and he will rectify the situation and make sure I'm happy. The last time there was a misunderstanding I also got a $5 gift card out of it . . . .
Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 PM

I am really not sure about the double thing... That is awsome that they gave you a gift card. My albies usually just pushes anything that beeps through unless its a store coupon, then they look at it. Thats weird that they wouldn't let you use two, I bet they were just making it up I see that alot