Albertsons Coupon Policy - North Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Lovin' da' tradin' on AFC
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
MissMyChris has posted more than 200 great deals!MissMyChris has posted more than 200 great deals!MissMyChris has posted more than 200 great deals!
Albertsons Coupon Policy - North Texas

Hey all - I found this information on Albertsons facebook. We were trying to post Albertsons coupon policy but according to the following, it can vary by store. Our advice is to check with the store where you shop, get to know your manager and cashiers and use the deals you see in this forum as a suggestion or idea as your store may vary:

At Albertsons, we know that saving money means a great deal to our customers, and many of you use coupons to help save even more.

We want to offer all of our customers the best deals every week, and that means marketing EACH store as if it were our only store. Your local Albertsons is the best, most accurate source of information for using coupons. Our coupon guidelines are available at the register in every Albertsons store. We do not have a blanket policy that fits every store and every market area, because your store, just like your community, is unique. Even our weekly ads are specific to your store. We're part of your community, not a chain that tries to make "one size fits all".

So check your ads every week for specials and store offers, and read our coupon guidelines at the store the next time you shop.

If you'd like to be put in touch with your area's customer service manager to discuss policies specific to your area, please email christine.wilcox@albertsonsllc.com. Include your contact information(email or phone) and where you shop.

Albertson's LLC operates stores in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas.

I have not received a copy of Albertsons coupon policy but two store managers have confirmed the following:

>No Reward Card Needed. In Dallas, Texas, Albertsons LLC did away with a loyalty card a few years back, which has it’s pros and cons. The good thing is that you automatically get the sale prices without needing a card. However, there will never be any type of perks to frequent shopping and no eCoupons can be used here.

>They will usually not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value. For example, a $2 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate. If there are exceptions, we are usually provided advance notice by the manufacturer.

>Wear your Dallas Cowboy Jersey on game day and receive a 10% discount on total receipt. (my experience has been they apply the 10% in the balance AFTER the coupons are applied)

>Albertsons policy is to triple coupons up to 35 and double coupons up 50.

>Albertsons will double/triple up to 4 like coupons per transaction.

>Albertsons weekly ads begin on Wednesday and end the following Tuesday. There are usually in-ad weekly coupons as well. You may also find monthly sales ‘booklets’ in-store that also have additional savings. These generally can be found at the front of the store with a display of the weekly circulars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DMIL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, four legged best friends
, DS who went home ahead of us
and heavenly father that lifts me up everyday

Last edited by MissMyChris; 10-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissMyChris For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM

RE: Albertsons Coupon Policy - North Texas

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hi -Just want to share that I am also in North Texas DFW and that my Albertsons does take i/p for frees & they do give overage. Policy varys store to store, so be sure to ask at your local one.
Albies has a great program you can sign up for called Community Partners that provides a little white plastic shoppers card that gives a percentage of your purchase towards a charity. I shop & swipe alternating a food pantry that really is hurting for donations and my Church. If you can't find a charity near you, message me and I will mail you a fob for this food pantry HTH
Albertsons Community Partners
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crybaby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Thank you ladies for the info!

I didn't know about the community partners Crybaby, I will be looking to see if my church is in it!

Kimberly
Mom to twin boys

and two weenie dogs

Old 10-25-2011, 05:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twins98 View Post
Thank you ladies for the info!

I didn't know about the community partners Crybaby, I will be looking to see if my church is in it!
Schools do it too! The PTSA for the high school I work at distributed the cards to all the teachers at my school! It's a great opportunity to help out the school!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Aa111111 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have a random question about the policy. I was shopping at Albertsons and they took one manufacturer coupon (Sunchips) that had a Kroger logo on it. Then I tried to use another coupon, different item (Hunt's tomatoes), with the new barcode and they refused to take it on the basis that it was from Kroger.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa111111 View Post
I have a random question about the policy. I was shopping at Albertsons and they took one manufacturer coupon (Sunchips) that had a Kroger logo on it. Then I tried to use another coupon, different item (Hunt's tomatoes), with the new barcode and they refused to take it on the basis that it was from Kroger.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Most likely, it was really the new bar code that messed them up, but they didn't know why it wouldn't work and they blamed it on the Kroger logo.

Most cashiers don't seem to know anything about the new bar codes. I know I've had a few coupons that have only the new bar code and 100% of my stores don't have the updated system to take them. I've had a lot of hassle in trying to explain to the cashier (and usually the manager next) that the coupon IS valid, it's just their register is not updated. :/

As far as the Kroger thing goes, I think it's up to the store whether or not they honor it. If it's a manf. coupon, the store will be reimbursed for it, so it's in the store's best interest to take it.

"I think I have a coupon for that!"
Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
ESherman14 has posted more than 400 great deals!ESherman14 has posted more than 400 great deals!ESherman14 has posted more than 400 great deals!ESherman14 has posted more than 400 great deals!ESherman14 has posted more than 400 great deals!
When did they start doing new barcodes on Qs? This week I had a hard time with probably 1/4 of my Qs. The cashier finally entered them manually but she was not very nice about it and got mad when I asked that she double the appropriate ones. My store has already quit taking IPs. Just not interested in a fight every time I go to the store!
and Emily (2)

I
CVS and put up with Albertson's because I don't have a Kroger
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESherman14 View Post
When did they start doing new barcodes on Qs? This week I had a hard time with probably 1/4 of my Qs. The cashier finally entered them manually but she was not very nice about it and got mad when I asked that she double the appropriate ones. My store has already quit taking IPs. Just not interested in a fight every time I go to the store!
I believe they started some time in September or late August. Most of the coupons have both bar codes, but more and more have only the new one. And, yes, the cashiers seem completely clueless about them and think you're trying to fool them with a fake coupon. I usually end up having to show them a coupon with both to prove that the one with only the new bar code is real.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had some issues at Walmart using Angel soft q that I printed in the wounded warrior project they just wouldn't scan at all even with the gun they said register would not read it
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexther View Post
I had some issues at Walmart using Angel soft q that I printed in the wounded warrior project they just wouldn't scan at all even with the gun they said register would not read it
That was probably also a new bar code. I have had a few printables print with only the new bar code and my Walmart is not able to scan them either. I was able to convince the manager that it was a legitimate coupon, though.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thats what I mention to the cashier and the mgr when she called in for help, So when would walmart update their registers and where can this coupons be scan? Thanks
Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!
My Albies said that coupons have to scan or they won't take them. They wouldn't take the KC Masterpiece BBQ coupons because they said they were printed wrong and only have half of the new barcode. BUMMER.

I'll ask for a copy of the coupon policy based on the OP. thanks.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapevinesoaper View Post
My Albies said that coupons have to scan or they won't take them. They wouldn't take the KC Masterpiece BBQ coupons because they said they were printed wrong and only have half of the new barcode. BUMMER.

I'll ask for a copy of the coupon policy based on the OP. thanks.
What they probably meant was it only had the new barcode and not the old one. I don't think that many people really seem to understand these new bar codes and so they just say what they think is true. Like we talked about before, some companies are printing the old and new barcodes on each coupon, while others are only printing the new.

After the holiday, I think I will try to see if I can contact someone at corporate and see if I can't get their authoritative stance on this. It's frustrating that different stores are saying different things.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 AM

--------

My Mood/Status:
internalfusion has posted more than 150 good deals!internalfusion has posted more than 150 good deals!
When I went Wednesday, I noticed that they scanned all of my coupons with a hand scanner, it looked new (Walmart does the same if anyone has noticed). At least one of my coupons had only the stacked code and it scanned no problem. I don't know if all locations have these yet though.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalfusion View Post
When I went Wednesday, I noticed that they scanned all of my coupons with a hand scanner, it looked new (Walmart does the same if anyone has noticed). At least one of my coupons had only the stacked code and it scanned no problem. I don't know if all locations have these yet though.
Our Walmart's hand scanner is just more accurate at aiming, but still does not scan the new bar codes

It's good to hear of somewhere being able to scan these things. You would think the coupon companies and manufacturers and stores would have worked together to make sure this system all rolled out at the same time instead of bits and pieces.

I hope our Albie's will get those soon. Even though my store will take the new barcoded ones that one scan, it's a hassle every time.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
connie62 has posted more than 25 good deals
I actually had one of the floor managers hunt me down one day to give me a copy of their coupon policy. She had seen me with my binder going up and down the aisles. She was very helpful about it though. I have had the store manager tell me that it is not a problem to do more than one transaction. Though I never do. It takes enough time just getting through the coupons that I use for one transaction.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 AM

Is loving AFC! :)

My Mood/Status:
ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Question Stacking question

Does Albies allow you to stack an in ad q with a manufacturer's q? On the IAQ it states "not valid with any other offer" so I wasn't sure. TIA!

Busy working three jobs: mom, cashier, and couponer!

What's better than free? Well, a mm deal of course!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Living, loving, laughing...

My Mood/Status:
stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!stacyfout has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast2011 View Post
Does Albies allow you to stack an in ad q with a manufacturer's q? On the IAQ it states "not valid with any other offer" so I wasn't sure. TIA!
They do allow it, but I am saying that from somebody who does it on a regular basis.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Does anyone their policy on B1G1 sales and coupons?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 AM

:)

My Mood/Status:
becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
It seems like every store makes their own rules, and since Albertsons Market does not have a specific coupon policy, they can do that. I have been able to use BOGO coupons with BOGO sales.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 AM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!courtney3636 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky80
It seems like every store makes their own rules, and since Albertsons Market does not have a specific coupon policy, they can do that. I have been able to use BOGO coupons with BOGO sales.
And get 2 free?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 AM

:)

My Mood/Status:
becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!becky80 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney3636 View Post
And get 2 free?
Yes. But if they tell you no, theres no fighting it to prove otherwise. Lol
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM

getting in my groove

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky80

Yes. But if they tell you no, theres no fighting it to prove otherwise. Lol
Ok thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to courtney3636 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!Grapevinesoaper has posted more than 200 great deals!
I just got told by a cashier that they only take one Q on BOGO which is new. I should have asked if they have a printed store coupon policy. Maybe I'll stop by CS and ask.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Miss you Ralph!

My Mood/Status:
Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapevinesoaper View Post
I just got told by a cashier that they only take one Q on BOGO which is new. I should have asked if they have a printed store coupon policy. Maybe I'll stop by CS and ask.
Find another cashier. I've never had a problem with it. It's not in their policy so you're best luck at using 2 Q on a BOGO it is profiling the cashiers. Think male and late at night The B1G1 free promo is a store promo. The STORE is offering the free item, not the Manufacturer. So, when they go to re-order they are going to reorder two, not one, so why shouldn't you be able to use a coupon on the free one--you purchased two--one just cost $0.00. One discount is from the Manu and the other from the Store. No different than stacking? Right?