Albie Coupon Policy Question I.e. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets $1 Q Versus .99 Sale

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
melda3612 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Albie Coupon Policy Question i.e. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets $1 Q versus .99 sale

So, I was trying to find a coupon policy online last night for Albertsons in Texas and it seems there aren't any per se that I can find. Seems each store pretty much sets their own rules in their "limited liability" climate??? So, starting today, it seems that Albie stores have Velveeta Cheesy Skillets for .99 (or so my ad says) and there are Q's out there for $1 expiring 9/21. Would these be accepted or rejected due to the overage??? Your thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to melda3612 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 AM

RE: Albie Coupon Policy Question i.e. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets $1 Q versus .99 sale

asaldridge has posted more than 25 good deals
They allow this as long as u get fillers or they can adjust it down for u
The Following User Says Thank You to asaldridge For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 AM

RE: Albie Coupon Policy Question i.e. Velveeta Cheesy Skillets $1 Q versus .99 sale

jandameyer2003 has posted more than 50 good deals
I was wondering the same thing so I am actually just going to call the manager and ask at my store. Sometimes they allow it and sometimes not. Last time when Best Life was 99 and I used a $1 coupon it was rejected. So I called the manager and she had me come back in and she fixed it. But now they have changed their coupon policy (at my store) so I really don't know anymore. I figure if they won't allow me to use the coupon, I will just go pricematch it at WM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jandameyer2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
That's actually a very good idea (PM at Wal-Mart). Since posting this, I've tried the coupon at both my local stores in the North Texas area within 10 minutes of each other. Very interesting negative responses in both places. Both times the coupons beeps and alerts the clerk to check it. They wouldn't take it at either store. First clerk was manager. She explained that Albertson's stores have recently held mandatory coupon classes for their employees. They were taught that any kind of overage (even a penny was fraudulent and wouldn't be tolerated). I told her I wasn't trying to be fraudulent. I thought they would round it down and take off the .99. She politely said no and wished me well. That is that.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
dol19822006 has posted more than 1 good deal
Fyi .99 Velveeta Skillets

I went in yesterday and bought 4 boxes of the skillets... I handed the cashier my coupons and the ugly machine of course beeped...he looked at the coupon and reduced the coupon down to .99...but I was also buying the Cranbury deal for .39 so I had no problem even if the 1.00 was taken off as the overage would apply to the .39 for the Cranbury mixes....hope this helps and I am in the DFW areasmile:
The Following User Says Thank You to dol19822006 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM

anxious to see what good deals my favorite...

My Mood/Status:
nikkip81 has posted more than 150 good deals!nikkip81 has posted more than 150 good deals!
My cashier just wrote .99 on q and pushed it through
The Following User Says Thank You to nikkip81 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
some will push them through and some won't. I had one cashier who called to ask a manager who told him no, but the other 3 times I went, the cashiers just pushed them through.
Sometimes you have to hold your breath :P
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and a 3 year old akita
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues."
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
I finally just gave up and the hubby and I have gone to Wal-Mart a few times and PM'd them just fine. My Albertsons store ran out anyway and Wal-Mart had plenty. Like you said, some will take them, some won't, but mine would not.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!akitalover has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
aww...well, I'm glad it worked out for you
, and a 3 year old akita

"Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues."