Fairbanks Area

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Fairbanks area

I just recently moved to the Fairbanks area and have found that no local papers have the Sunday coupons...
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 PM

RE: Fairbanks area

frozentatertot has posted more than 1 good deal
hmmm I havent got the paper in a long time, but they used to...where are we supposed to find them then?
The Following User Says Thank You to frozentatertot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 12:13 AM

funnybunny99833 has posted more than 100 good deals!funnybunny99833 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I lived in Fairbanks for several years and yes, the newspapers have coupons, but they are very poor in regards to the amount in each insert (less coupons). Check out the recycle bins across the road from the transfer site at UAF and there is another set of recycle bins when you take the first right after getting off of Johansen Expressway onto Pegar road. I used to stop every day on my way home from work and always found tons of inserts. But, with Walmart and Fred Meyers as the only couponing options available pickings were rather slim.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to funnybunny99833 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 AM

funnybunny99833 has posted more than 100 good deals!funnybunny99833 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Also, I found that Fred Meyers was pretty good with taking coupons (probably since no one coupons so none of the cashiers have a reason to care) and I would also suggest downloading the Old Navy app called Snap Appy. At least once a week I would get a free five dollar off any $5 (less or more) purchase gift card with the app (if you google it, someone else could explain it better). But I was able to get a lot of free clothes this summer at the Fairbanks Old Navy with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnybunny99833 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Where are the inserts coming from? The Fairbanks paper I have never seen any? Maybe I have just had a bad couple months since I have been here! I heard the Anchorage paper does, I guess I need to figure out where they sell them around here! Thanks so much for the info about the recycle bins!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 PM

No problem! I never bought papers so I am not sure exactly where people were getting them from. But the recycle bins were where I found everything.

AND don't forget to check out the transfer site!! The one by UAF off of Farmers Loop is the best one in town. I have found everything from brand new bread makers to North Face shirts to clothes with tags and dish sets. I miss the transfer site because I never paid for anything when I went there. Saturdays and Sundays are the best time to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to funnybunny99833 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM

tracerscouponaffair has posted more than 5 good deals
I live on ft wainwright. We been here almost 4 years. The Sunday daily news and anchorage one have coupons but they aren't very good. Printing online is best route or writing companies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tracerscouponaffair For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2013, 02:35 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
I just stocked up on some printer ink so I guess its time to get printing!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:19 PM

aeon077 has posted more than 10 good deals
We have all the regular coupons and inserts in the Anchorage Sunday Paper. Do you have the same grocery stores up there? IE Fred Meyer, Carrs, and do you have a regular sized commissary? I was asking because there are smartphone apps for each of those stores. You can load digital coupons for each store, just like with Target/Cartwheel.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon077 View Post
We have all the regular coupons and inserts in the Anchorage Sunday Paper. Do you have the same grocery stores up there? IE Fred Meyer, Carrs, and do you have a regular sized commissary? I was asking because there are smartphone apps for each of those stores. You can load digital coupons for each store, just like with Target/Cartwheel.
We have Fred Meijer, Safeway and a decent commissary. We don't get inserts in the paper unless I can find an anchorage paper!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I lived there the News Miner had coupons, but not very many and not great values.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahdawn View Post
When I lived there the News Miner had coupons, but not very many and not great values.
Exactly. Its not even worth buying the paper because the savings from the coupons isn't more than the paper is!