Two Any Solider Care Packages - Thanks, Couponing!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 06:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Couponing with Allergies

happydorkgirl has posted more than 75 good deals!
Two Any Solider care packages - thanks, couponing!

I started clipping coupons for two of our fellow AFC friends and decided to try to coupon for care packages, too. I found troops thanks to AnySoldier.com. Being a dog trainer and canine behaviorist I wanted to support people in K9 units. I found a few!

Here are my care boxes:

His - he is a K9 handler in Afghanistan. He and his dog are in the Navy and are assigned to an extremely remote area to aid the army. He lives in a cave/mud hut and only has a mess hall available to him - and one that serves “hog parts” for chow at least twice a week. I took items from his list - including a very durable toy for his canine partner.

Total spent: about $10.50

Side note: if you’re looking for a VERY heavy-duty dog toy go with anything from the Tuffy line.

Hers - this one is going to a female in a multi-branch K9 military unit in Afghanistan. These canines are bomb-sniffing dogs. Her box is identical to the “his” box save the hair ties - I got these as free samples for sending a complimentary email to Goody.

Total spent: about $7.50

Thanks to couponing the total cost of these packages will be less than the shipping. The dog toys were $5.99 each on clearance - the majority of the cost!

My next challenge: send out two dog supply-only packages. I need to find more dog treat/food or store-specific coupons. I'm trying to get a donation box set up at my locally-owned pet store.

Thanks so much, AFC, for teaching me so many things! It's so nice to be able to afford to do this sort of activity; I've wanted to do so since I was very young. <3

I have this month's P&G, SS, and more! Check FSOT. PLEASE trade with me!

Last edited by happydorkgirl; 07-04-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 AM

RE: Two Any Solider care packages - thanks, couponing!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
scrapmama34me has posted more than 100 good deals!scrapmama34me has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thanks for this post. I sent a request myself. This is a great idea!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 AM

RE: Two Any Solider care packages - thanks, couponing!

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love your idea, I did the same thing for the dogs that helped with the search in Joplin after the tornado. I try to send a box once a month through the link you gave me or through the link started by BigShirley! I used to send boxes to her overseas, now she is home with her little one but her unit has been deployed again so I am sending boxes to her friends in the medical unit.

In fact, my DD and I are getting ready to get boxes together with her friends for a summer project, they are all 13, really smart girls, and of course I am ready the next time they say "MOM, I'm Bored!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am so far behind I think I'm First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.