Trouble Shipping Coupons! Help!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Couponing with Allergies

happydorkgirl has posted more than 75 good deals!
Help Sign Trouble shipping coupons! Help!

...so I went to my post office the other day with coupons in tow for my AFC military families. My first shipment! So exciting!

However, I was told (much to my and the clerk's confusion) that my envelope could only be shipped express - which was over $20.

I can't afford to do that and it certainly isn't what I expected given the stuff I have been reading. What happened?

I tried shipping it in a bubble envelope. Would that be the problem? Would the holiday weekend affect shipping?

Thanks so much, guys. I want to get these things sent out!

I have this month's P&G, SS, and more! Check FSOT. PLEASE trade with me!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 AM

RE: Trouble shipping coupons! Help!

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Shipping to an APO address should be the same price as shipping to a domestic (US) address. I get an APO large flat rate box and mail them to a military spouse for 12.95 flat rate. It holds a lot. You could do a flat rate envelope for 4.95, I believe. It should not be $20 to ship an envelope.
The Following User Says Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 AM

procrastinating
Consistently NOT smarter than a fifth grader

My Mood/Status:
tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes-the flat rate boxes and envelopes ar the way to go. The $12.95 price on the large flat is a special apo rate and is the best deal if you have that many qs to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to tnmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 AM

Couponing with Allergies

Hmm. OK, I'll try the flat rate envelope. Thanks so much, guys!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:49 AM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you have to use their envelopes or boxes to get the special rate, but I agree, either is a great value.. If you can't afford it (the postage) sometimes the local VFW or Veteran's HOspital has a group that sorts and sends coupons. Thank you for your generous heart!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am so far behind I think I'm First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Susuz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Couponing with Allergies

Awesome. I'm so excited for tomorrow; I don't have to work so I'll be able to go first thing in the morning! I also have two care packages to go out. Thanks to couponing the contents, while worth much more, have cost me less than the shipping will!

Thank you all for your information and support. It means a lot to me. <3

The Following User Says Thank You to happydorkgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
scrapmama34me has posted more than 100 good deals!scrapmama34me has posted more than 100 good deals!
I just stuck mine in a bubble envie put a customs form on it and paid the first class rate. It was around $2.50.